International One Off Event - [CFEG] 90m Of Monza Grand Prix - LMP2 + GTR3 (28.05.17)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, Nov 29, 2016.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Server open.

Edit:
    Server closed.
    A massive thank you to everyone who took part tonight, I counted 35 at one point which is great for the start of the month.
    Amazed it went so smoothly and that my PC didn't blow up. :D

Server will be back up again on Monday evening, same times 8pm until 10pm (UK times),

See you then.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    May i ask what time of the day the race wil be held?
    Sunrise-Morning-Noon-Afternoon or Sunset

3. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    shall be held at noon

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tamas Sipos

Tamas Sipos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello :)
    lMP2 Mistral m531 7 selection of cars

5. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Wouldnt it be nice to have a race at sunset? :cool: It's rarely used and looks great no?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I tried sunset yesterday @Jona777
    It looks great, but for 90 minutes I'm afraid to see more of the gras than the circuit.
    :D:p:(

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Count me in please:
    new M6 GT3 #100 :rolleyes:

If I need to chose a released car then any other GT3...don't know yet
    BR Ralf Arella

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
  9. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE - after a public practice session, i've sadly never seen such a bad standard of driving by LMP2 drivers in the 8 years that ive been sim racing...in a matter of 3 corners the amount of carnage was stupidly high...to the point where we simply closed the server. As a result all sign ups for current and upcoming endurance events (90m ones)....users will be required to sign up with their steam AND in game name....the purpose of this is to be able to track and BAN drivers who ruin it for everyone else through unsportsmanlike behaviour....

All current sign ups please submit your details either via a private message to myself or as a comment below...If you do not do so then im sorry then you wont be able to participate due to the lack of sportsmanship displayed this evening..

On a seperate note, i will be creating a HOW to video to explain the massive do's and dont thats mutliclass will present you so that you may learn and practice prior to the actual event...

• Like Like x 1
  10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Wednesdays practice server will be password protected, the password will be posted on the CFEG steam group 10 minutes before practice starts.
    You will need to be a member of the group and have signed up for the event using the above criteria.

To everyone who was taking part properly tonight, thank you for taking part, I hope you can understand the reason for closing the server early.

Cheers guys, hopefully see plenty of you signing up and taking part on Wednesday, for those taking part, it's actually looking pretty competitive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Well, that's the issue with free/popular content on public servers. You either have small grids and quality racing or full grids and wreckfest.

12. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Just an idea - If peeps want in on the endurance event maybe they should attend the standard Sunday races in the lead up to show they have a basic level of ability. Its not a huge commitment. Got to try get the balance of numbers v ability some how i guess...I skipped the first endurnce event (Spa?) because i did not feel my racecraft was at a sufficent level - Probably still isnt .)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Sad to hear that was the case in yesterdays practice session, especially seeing as we have had very few issues before.

It's something that perhaps we need to consider. We've never had an issue with your racecraft and you've always been perfectly fair in all races i've seen. Last Sundays race with you at Suzuka was great fun.

What's worth noting, the key point in OverTheLine's post is "unsportsmanlike behaviour". Accidents happen, it's a part of racing, what we don't accept however is people who show a lack of respect for other players taking part. There are 2 classes on track in these large events and all drivers must respect that every person is in their own seperate race.
    Side note, just because it is a practice session is not an excuse for poor sportsmanship.

What I want to try to avoid is as Squidboy mentioned is discouraging people who are not perhaps fully confident in their ability but want to come and try these longer races. I think we'll have to get all the group staff members to sit down behind the scenes and see how we move forward from here.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  14. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Respect that decision to feel yourself when you're ready for an event, something many aren't probably mature enough to do.

I can say that it shows that you always see when at least I am coming in the mirrors and keep your line and are very predictable. Keep it up!

And it's just a game and we're here to have fun and learn and blow off some steam. I don't think anyone of us is perfect and need to practice and I can say for my own part that I have much, much to learn and I am in the faster LMP car so the role of a GT3 driver is though to say the least.

One can be 5 sec off the pace per lap, spin out and feel awful but try their best to improve and race clean and respectfully and that is all that matters.

• Like Like x 2
  15. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    We have "group staff" members?

:D

16. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    lol only 1 week into this month and already 1/3 of the grid filled :p Appears the series is some good attention, and im glad everyone has been enjoying the races thus far. :) sign ups please dont forget to submit your in game and steam names to take part for "security" purposes so to speak..

i have amended the details of those who have already submitted their names and place the as such "Steam (In game name) ---- Car details"

Cheers again
    Matt

17. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I'm in again. Robin Millis - redbreastgaming - P2 Radical Judd #20 please.

18. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I hope you come with some kind of championship like the way It's right now.
    All credit for you guys

• Like Like x 1
  19. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Ye we hope to get it into a championship but that wont materialise until next year most likely...we just want to have fun for our first year :)

20. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget guys, there will be a practice server up tonight 1 hour and 45 minutes in the qualifying session followed by a 15 minute race.
    This will be password protected and only open to those who are members of the Steam group, the password will be made available there, 10 minutes before the server goes live.

We will be on mumble chat and I shall be streaming live on Twitch.
    Hope to see plenty of you there.