Problem Fanatec CSW V2 273 ffb gone

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by fl0wf1r3, Mar 5, 2017.

1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    just updated the driver of my CSW V2, 273 (firmware V246). After a few minutes driving the ffb is gone and the fans are blowing like hell. Never had this issue before, not even in the summer ... is it raceroom or any game? I hope not my wheel.

Just wrote Fanatec a support request.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    again after 15 min, the ffb line is sometimes just slightly above the red line in the ffv meter, but really seldom. I Did not change the FFB after installing the latest driver nor experienced anything like that before.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    sounds like something borked during the update , id wait until you get a reply from fanatec

something i remebered , every time i update , for some reason it sets damper to 100% in the fanatec config

Andi

4. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    currently I am driving on the Nürburging/Short with the Audi TT RS. I reduced the ffb strength in the car steering wheel settings. This time I lost the ffb after 30 min while driving over an curb, actually, I am realizing, it always happens on curbs. Its the first time that this happens after an update. Strange. Let's see

5. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I managed to fixed it somehow, had to reduce the ffb strength quite a lot. For now it seams to be fine again. Before the 273 update it was not so sensitive.

OK, now I am a bit confused. I probably installed the wrong driver. Because first I thought there is only one version now for the V2.5/V2. But under "Discontinued products" I found the V2, driver 261. I got to ask Fanatec which one is correct now for the V2

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  6. Steph Amiel

Steph Amiel New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    The same thing just happened to me ,i was testing some gt3s with the new drivers /firmware for my csw v2 and after 5 laps no more FFB , i went back to the pits and out ,ffb was back....i also have the same loud fan since this update.I'am now back to drivers 261/204 and no problems
    Cheers

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I am using the same drivers/firmware as steph, no issues so far. I didn't know they had released a newer firmware.

8. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    you mean the 273 driver? do you have a v2 or v2.5? It's actually interesting that one can install the 273 for the v2. I will reinstall the old 261 this evening. I hope I can flash the firmware back to the old one. When the v2.5 was relesed, Fanatec told me on twitter that the driver will automatically choose the right one depending on the wheel.

9. Steph Amiel

Steph Amiel New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes the 273 driver with v2 base ,i installed it today then flashed my base with the new firmware ,i had to flash it again because the first time the fan was stuck at full speed . i went back to 261/204 driver/firmware after that ffb problem
    cheers

• Like Like x 1
  10. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I'm using the 261 with the CSL and it works but it is strange. I have a weak moment in the center zone.
    Each time the wheel pass the center point there is a choc and when in straight line the wheel feels weak and there is a kind of dead zone and from times to times i feel chocs, the direction is floating around the center point with gt cars (Audi R8 on Bathurst).

I don't feel that with other simulations. When i use flat6 for example with Rfactor the wheel is always smooth and has a linear behaviour which is not the case with R3E.

11. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Is it a new behavior after the downgrade? Did to try to increase the min force in the force feedback settings? For the csw I set it to 2.

12. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The CSL has only the 261 available. I can't comment before because i just got it.

13. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Maybe try to reduce minimum force feedback setting. With the TS-PC Racer I had this strange artificial chocs only on middle and found that it's directly related to the minimum FFB, I applied a value like 2 instead of 8 and now it feels natural.

14. Joerg Baermann

Joerg Baermann New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Driver v273 and the included firmware is NOT YET compatible to the CSW V2!
    So far it is only optimized to work well with the new CSW V2.5. Please navigate to the download page of the CSW V2 to get the latest driver and firmware version for this product:

15. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I am using the 261/204 driver I guess. When I start my wheel it flashes "204". I have a V2 csw.

16. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I also reinstalled the 261 driver/firmware on my V2. Not its fine again. Somehow strange that one can install the wrong driver/firmware without any warning during the installation.

17. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    It was set to zero.
    I set the linearity to zero and it's much better though i still have something in the center point.

18. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    246 firmware is fine for me using 261 driver, wheel starts up with fan on then goes off after a min or two then comes on after a little use, which it never did before, FFB and everything else feels as it was.

19. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec told me that the current driver v273 for the CSW V2.5 is currently not compatible with the CSW V2. They are working on it to implement the CSW V2.

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0