New Members - Welcome! RRE seems to be on the up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr_Mints_Taboo, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I've only been here a couple of months, but it is good to see even more new members.
    Welcome.

With the changes to online racing on R3E 'just around the corner' (#soon) then the forum becomes increasingly important to my enjoyment of racing.
    Knowing that you are racing people from all around the world is pretty cool.
    Recognising their names is even better.
    I might even accord them more respect on the track.........nah, I got some scores to settle!:)

Yes, leagues can already fulfil a lot of this, but I am not the sort of person who can 'fence off' a lot of guaranteed time for racing, so pick up races are perfect for me - I can practice, then not turn up, and nobody cares.

So please, stick around, use the forum, keep me awake while I'm in the office between flurries of working hard.
    Hopefully see you out on track.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Your sarcasm level is dropping. You might want to get that checked.

Otherwise, I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Middle of the week slump. It will be back tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! :)
    I also read the forum regularly and enjoy this game a lot.
    Welcome to you too, with a few months delay! :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I had to double check your post to make sure i hadnt made a post and forgotten about it. Agree on all points, could have written the same thing on some other night....

6. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I am new to R3E because of the VR support! I really, really like it. Great sim, so far my favorites are wtcc & formula jr.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    A day without sarcasm is a day wasted!

Shambolic

:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    OT: To all newcomers, welcome!

If you could learn the cars and tracks slowly please, that'll give me a couple of weeks of not being the slowest again and it makes me feel good. Thank you :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry, I'm playing free content and competitions since late December and am not bored... :) I'm the kind of guy who can stay on the same track/car combo for hours, or days, or more... So when I'll get the premium pack you'll have years of training before I use the full content! :D
    I'm actually thinking that my first combo will be FR3+RaceRoom Hillclimb. :confused::D

• Like Like x 1
  10. jb2_86_uk

jb2_86_uk Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the welcome

I have posted on a few threads now saying pretty much this same thing, but I am really loving R3E, and wish I had found it sooner. I have come from an arcade-y background having never really had a PC serious enough to do something like this justice. So Playstation gaming with the Codies F1 series and Gran Turismo were my usual stomping grounds. Since I installed R3E a few weeks ago my PS4 has just been gathering dust (except for a very minor blip after a couple of days of frustration trying to get on-board with ‘Get Real’ settings!).

I’m still useless and not ready for multiplayer competition yet, but I am slowly building my skills, as well as a nice DLC collection. Im comfortable enough with Get Real now, although not necessarily super-fast. I tend to be able to get around half-way up the leaderboard challenges I attempt now, although I feel the reason I don’t progress further is I don’t have a lot of time to play, so I have to end the session after around 30-60 mins and then a few days later when I get time to play again - I fancy a different car/track combo. This is the first racing game I have used which had the Macau track, so having just bought it, I’m looking forward to finishing work and starting to learn this iconic track tonight.

To be completely honest, I am finding the corner-cutting penalties a bit too harsh, especially since the majority of the.. ahem.. ‘excursions’ I make result in a big loss of time, not an advantage. It can be heart-breaking after 6 minutes of Nordschliefe perfection (-ish) to over-cook one of the final corners and have my time voided L I know it only serves to improve my driving, but maaaan!!

11. apf11195

apf11195 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

I am new to the forum as well. Thanks for the welcome.

Quick background: Just a poor college student, so over the years Ive raced mostly on PS3 and PS4. Got a Logitech g29 as a gift not long ago and have since been getting into race sims. Downloaded Raceroom a few months back and got hooked on the DTM 2016 pack using amateur mode. I was itching to buy more content and yesterday decide to splurge $65 and buy 10000 vrp for the premium pack (awesome deal IMO!). Now I am so overwhelmed with all the content to try I have no idea where to begin lol...

Ive upgraded to get real and now slowly starting to learn the in's and out's of it - mostly not completing clean laps. My next step is to save some money for a proper gaming PC, as all I have now my MacBook Pro running windows in bootcamp. Works great for Raceroom on low settings but definitely looking to upgrade to a true gaming machine and keep the Mac for school/work purposes.

If you guys have any suggestions or tips on what car and track combos are great for newbies, please let me know as I am still trying to get my feet wet before I give online racing a go!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  12. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to everyone posting here!!

I myself came from console - good ol' Gran Turismo - but since R3E I've not looked back. Don't think I'm going to worry about GTSport either!!

I know what you mean here. It's not so much the invalidated lap for me, but rather the fact that you don't know what the end time is at all. Just having a "red" time would be good enough I feel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I also just got the premium pack and was asking myself the same question. :) There's so much stuff to try!
    If you're just starting with Get Real, maybe try the GTR2 class, I add lot of fun on the last competition with the RUF RT12R on Sonoma and found that it's a good class to learn before to go to the GTR3. And for the track, I would suggest Laguna Seca cause I like it. :p
    I think I'm gonna play this combo in a few minutes, instead of the first planned Formula 3/RR Hillclimb (it's too late for this). ^^

14. Robert Haines

Robert Haines Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This sim doesn't have my favourite track or my favourite car, but it delivers what I'm after