Released 28/02/2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Feb 28, 2017.

1. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Argh, regarding the vibration problems I've reported previously with a Xbox One Controller: Right now I was playing a WTCC 15' race at Indianapolis GP with the Civic and in the middle of the first lap (where a lot of small colisions where happening) the controller started to vibrate permanently at maximum strength in the left motor. It stayed like that during more than one lap, until I pressed the pause button to call the menu and it immediately stopped. Then I returned to the race, vibration seemed to behave normally and then, suddenly while racing with a good distance to the car ahead it started to vibrate violently again at max strenght non-stop, probably at a bump while exiting T11, until I ended it by pressing the menu button again.
    Regarding today and before, it's like either certain effects either get stuck and loop, or a sequence of them keeps replaying (when it keeps doing it even after exiting the game).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough.
    Coould've sworn somebody told me it was the same AI, only with fewer ticks.
    Then again, I may have misunderstood.
    Or mis-heard.
    Or mis-remembered.
    Finally, it's entirely possible that I'm just talking out of my arse. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    LOL, AUDI NOT FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:
    Fine Developer! :rage:

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm....
    Can't say I've had any major problems with this combo.
    Well, aside from my atrocious driving, but I can hardly blame the AI for that. :)
    Hairpins (and chicanes for that matter) are a weak point with the AI, and has been for some time though.
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of lap-times are you doing with that combo?

5. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    • Mid Ohio GP and Chicane : Tweaks to AI lines
    I've posted in the relevant Bugs reporting thread but there's a major AI Line Error at T11 (Full Course, they are nowhere near the Apex, Audi TT Cup 2016), beginning to wonder if the way the AI is coded means it's perhaps hard for them to take certain corners "correctly"? Especially as this one has already had tweaks unless this was missed of course. (Bathurst Lines a prime example)

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Dont quote me on this... but I believe that some of these tracks had their AI lines done a long time ago (Bathurst being a prime example), and the lines done way back just arent ideal.

I believe the goal is to go and update the more problematic tracks at some point... and that has been happening slowly.

I'll check out T11 at Mid Ohio though, maybe something funky is going on there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Cool thanks :)

8. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Question, please: The update release notes says "Smoothed out bumps" in a few tracks. Why was this done? I'm asking because I recall there used to be frequent bump noises from some cars and I almost never hear that anymore. It was very authentic and nice.

9. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Your not the first to worry about this.
    This guy (earlier in the thread) still hasn't untwisted his knickers :
    "Smoothed the bumps! Are you crazy?
    Actually, now that I've calmed down, I see you didn't touch SALZBURGRING. Perhaps the bumps there are supposed to be there; either way, they add character to the back "straight"
    ."

So I propose that we get a bumpy version of all tracks we have purchased.

Alternatively, play a couple of hours of Flatout 2 and get it out of your system - that's what I did.:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Alex Hummler

Alex Hummler KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +209 / 0 / -0
    We had to smoothen out some tracks because car physics have evolved to a point where we can run more realistic and stiffer suspension making some cars (especially the latest open wheelers) almost not driveable on some tracks. Initially we exaggerated bumps on some tracks to make our cars feel more alive, this was when most of them had a softer feeling to them (ie early physics). So to be clear, the tracks were not flattened but the big spiked bumps were smoothed giving an overall more playable and believable result.

• Informative x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  11. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    OK, thank you for the answer, Alex.

12. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What a bummer, another update, but 2016 DTM Audi dashbord not fixed!!!! :confused:

13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    So you've said twice on the same page...are you a Gold Fish..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  14. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Maybe he thought that he lived in the future and that the following update was already released?

15. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey girls, today there' another update. Are you awake?

16. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Sorry mom, I was sleeping!
    But it's only a hotfix, maybe they need a coldfix for your dashboard :D

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  18. Jason D

Jason D New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This game is absolutely amazing in VR. Probably my favorite racing sim now. Just a quick question if anyone knows. Can you see an actual fps counter in VR? That would be great for fine tuning the graphics settings.

19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Does the Steam fps counter work with VR? Have you tried using this one?

I dont have VR, so I cant test this, but you might try enabling the Steam fps counter and see if that works or not. I imagine it would since it is built into the Steam platform.

From the Steam client.... click on "Steam" in the top left. Then Settings. Then the In-Game tab. Then in the middle of that screen you can choose to turn on the fps counter, and also which corner of the screen you want it to appear.

20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Sadly the steam counter don't show in VR, it's only visible on the pc screen.

• Informative Informative x 1