Released BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Nice Car though I was troubled to find the Nissan GTR crawling up my backside in 2 separate races I ran at Monza and Nords VLN ... I thought I would have more than enough power to put distance from it but it doggedly stayed on my tailpipe - the bugger ! :eek:

The cockpit and sound is remarkably similar to the homebrew mod from AC that came out last December, which is a good thing, but RR physics are bit better.

2. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Im totally in love with this car. nuff said :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely amazing car. Only drove it with a makeshift setup so far so I will wait until one of the seriously good guys can give us a good baseline Setup. Or maybe one for the Nordschleife. Would be really cool.

5. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Until someone does a dedicated setup, the Alpina setups seem to work quite well - at least for Bathurst, haven't driven anywhere else yet :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Can someone give me tips I am with the standard setup from the BMW M6 GT3 too slow.

Missing grip on the front axle, what do I have to do?

7. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Softer front and lower wing

8. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    @Max,

ok thank you will test it tonight.

9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I am wondering whether there will be an option that lets the player choose wether or not he wants an old and a new GT3 car of one brand run side by side in a race, or wants to use only the modern or the older GT3 cars. The M6 replaces the Z4, the 650 replaces the MP4, and so forth. Would be nice to have a choice here. Only older cars, only newer cars, or both.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There is a discussion about it already: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/bmw-alpina-ford-gt500-gt3-cars.7504/

But well, the user should have the freedom of choice IMO. A simple replacement wouldn't be that good, as it would not represent the real life. Last year for example were a BMW Z4 and M6 competing in VLN and a Corvette C6 and C7 or a Mercedes SLS and AMG GT competing in ADAC GT-Masters.

For the mclaren you might be right, as most of the MP4-Customers bought an the Upgrade-Pack to the 650s. So hard to which originally was an MP4 but is infact now a 650s.

11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Its not an issue of realism for me, but simply a thing of personal preference, taste. Player should have the choice how to set up the race.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, thats what i've ment in my reply within the above mentioned discussion :)

13. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    I really can't understand why so many people like this car. For me it's absolutely out of interest, even after I drove it in R3E. It's lifeless, feels synthetic, it feels like a car that was created for the Playstation-Generation, where GT Cars have FormulaRims, same for the Nissan. But maybe it shows that I get old. I don't know, I'm very disappointed about this car. I really like the "old" GT3 Generation, like the Alpina, the Camaro, the Z06 or the Ford GT.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Maybe its right this slightly greater easiness in driving it that attracts players, compared to some other cars. And it certainly also is the sounds, the slightly advanced interior, the full wheel animation, the greater visual quality of the headlights. Myself, I needed to learn to not overdrive this car, and I spinned a lot initially...
    Visibility from cockpit however is inferior, imo. In this regard I like the MP4 best in the GT3 crowd.

15. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    The new Beamer is nice but lacks power. The SLS Merc GT3 still is Nr.1 for the feeling of raw power and the grunty growling sound of a wild animal, very satisfying to drive well at its peak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Quite easy to handle Car or like Sabine Schmitz say´s : You can put in a trained Monkey or while driving thinking about what´s for Dinner that evening...
    By the way, got a nice Race yesterday at the Sachsenring :cool:

[​IMG]
    Triple Screen Screenshot, so dont worry... :D

Attached Files:

17. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I really can't understand why so many people like Coldplay! It's all a matter of personal/individual taste :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    coldplay.. *shivers*... If I had to choose between being deaf and only being able to listen to coldplay songs .. I'd surely rather be deaf.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Are you serious ? Who doesn't like Coldplay !? o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Their first two albums were excellent but then they went very commercial after that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1