Problem G27 only 200° after update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tribolik, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Tribolik

Tribolik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im experiencing something very odd with my G27... It worked great before the update... But now it only rotates about 200°... Tried everything...

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tribolik

Tribolik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much. I will try that and report back but I sure I have the driver animations turned off and I also had the steering wheel turned off though I cant seem to find that option any more... And I also thought that those options would only affect visual settings not the FFB wheel settings.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    NP, you're welcome.
    Please make sure to try it. You can see in the screenshot that the option is inside the vehicle settings and it appears to have been reset with the latest update for some users. In 90% of all cases what you experience is caused by the visible hands.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tribolik

Tribolik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK. Ive tried everything again to no avail... as I said before I had all driver animations turned off (wheel and arms) even though I use hood view but just to make shure I turned them on and off again. I tried starting the game with the game specific Logitech Profile and with the Logitech profile program turned off and it doesnt make any difference the game seems to turn the program on and worse it seems to load the factory defaults... Its not only me from what I can gather around the internet and there are workarounds but none allow you to use your own logitech profiler options specifically created for raceroom...

So I would like some info on how can I report the bug...

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Did you un-tick 'allow games to adjust settings' in the Logitech profiler?

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Tribolik

Tribolik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it was one of the first things I tried but I dint try that today... I will try it again and report back but wont that make the game unable to change the degrees of rotation per car as advertised...

8. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    untick? If you untick that option then the game will NOT update that or ffb strenght.

So, if you have 900º in the profile it should do 900º always with that option UNTICKED.

It can be a bug but try to TICK that and test again or delete your controller profile in-game get out and get in again to see if it detects your wheel again. Hopefully it'll reset something and you have everything working again.

9. Tribolik

Tribolik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have it TICKED in the Raceroom specific logitech profile... I tried with that UNTICKED but it didnt make any difference... but I will try again.

10. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Then I misread somewhere. I'm sorry. Still weird though.
    but since you have a specific profile in the logitech profiler (excuse me the redundancy), try not having it as well as removing the profile inside R3E controller screen to reset everything as I've said in the last post.

And BTW, have logs zipped to post here... maybe it shows something to the DEVs.

11. J0eMista

J0eMista New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi There

I seem to have a similar problem. In-game the wheel turn 900 degrees but i'm only turning 200 on G27 wheel. Have tried everything i could get to read on forum with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

12. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    first - only wheel in onboard view
    second - if already you haven't arms in cockpit view, try to launch the game with logitech profiler off

13. CYBERTRONICghost

CYBERTRONICghost New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was having the same problem. After reading this forum I went in and unticked the box in the Logitech profile and worked for me! Best luck to everyone that's still having the problem.

14. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Just asking, but this "solution" sounds like the automatic wheel range feature won't work anymore. Assuming you have set max rotation in Logitech driver, this would mean that you have 900 degrees of rotation in every R3E car. Even with cars like Radicals, Prototypes or DTM which have much less rotation angle in real life.

Maybe there's a bug with Logitech wheels since last patch anyway.

15. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    same problème here, on the G27 941-000092
    If i put 900° on the profiler, i m 900° in all cars, even if i put on 540° in the garage

16. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    i finaly résolved the problème i mentioned before :
    before today, i used to instal only the important update in windows update. but today i did install the optionnal update (all) and the problem is resolved.
    in R3E as in rfactor2, i can let 900° on the logitech profiler, and the game set the right rotation for each cars...
    thank you to me to have try this solution ! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    just something to say about my resolved problem : the last three windows update did that the rotation problem that i mentionned is came back. i did uninstall this 3 last windows update and i was able to let 900° on the profiler whereas each car in raceroom has the good rotate chosen in the game. the conclusion : the resolved probleme dépend from which windows update you install on your computer. For exemple : the 3 last windows update make come back the problèm.

So it is difficult to say wich update you can install and which one you should not.

18. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I have to say this is honestly one of the weirder issues I've seen. Who'd have thought that a Windows update could affect a third party peripheral. Thanks for posting the solution.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    yes, i m agree, weirder is the word. i ve to say too that some friends of mine haven't this problème with their G27 on win7 64. is it because my G27 is the 941-000092 séries ? (one of the last) and would better run on win 8.1 or 10 ? Weirder as you say anyway...