English RRLeagues Silhouette mini-Championship (FREE content! AM & GR)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Simon Fillingham, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    cool !!! im in for GR

2. Donavateleoni89

Donavateleoni89 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I booked for Get Real but I'd like to join the Amateur as well if it's possible.
    Then my question is: since I have Discord, how to add you?
    Thanks ;)

3. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    I have you penciled in for the GR class and will do the same for the AM class.

To join our Discord group, PM me your Discord tag and I will invite you to the group!
    :)

4. honzazapletal

honzazapletal New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to participate in the Amateur. Sign me up please.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hanky8

hanky8 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What does the participants list look like now Simon?
    How many people can still join?

6. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    With just over a week to go before the Silhouettes take to the grid at Stowe, the field is taking shape nicely for what promises to be a popular Amateur Championship here at RR leagues. We currently have 14 confirmed drivers with interest in the series still being expressed. Sign ups are still being accepted and will be until the point we fill the 30 spaces available.

So if you fancy gaining some experience in our FREE TO PLAY AM Championship then please do comment below.

The Get Real version of this championship will run one week after the AM event.

7. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Less than 48 hours until the 1st race in the Amateur championship. Still room for those looking for an experience of online racing!

8. UVBNSLADE

UVBNSLADE New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    tired of racing the AI, sign me up

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Silhouette Get Real.
    That was a lot of fun - even at Stowe.
    Nobody dive bombing (that I saw) or calling me an idiot (well, not broadcasting it!).

Sessions ran smoothly, from practice, through qualifying and then the two races.
    I would have won, but everybody else was faster than me. So I came last instead (well, apart from non finishers, which was about 10% of the field). Still way better than public lobby races.
    There was a good spread of driver talent, so just about anybody should find somebody to race. Even if you're pretty slow - I know I am.
    This was my first race with these guys. Definitely looking forward to my next race with RRLeagues.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks to Simon for organising this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    yeah, was a good night's racing. Lots of paint trading but nothing unfair or annoying, just good hard racing

• Like Like x 1
  11. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Mart. (and Jim)

Everything seemed a rush today with it being Mothers Day and clocks altering, there just didnt seem enough hours in the day!

We usually have a briefing but i didnt have time, and Stacy who sorts out our server was out with his wife so that didnt run quite as expected. But all in all, it was a good hours fun!

Look forward to seeing you at RR Bridge, or any other of our championships you are interested in.

We're currently voting on next seasons tracks to run our DTM 92 Championship on! :)

12. EchoKilo97

EchoKilo97 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I know it's a bit late but a I able to join the AM category for the final 3 rounds?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    It's never too late!

Of course you can join.

Do you have a Discord tag?

14. EchoKilo97

EchoKilo97 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, EchoKilo97 #3745

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Another great night of racing.
    Another reminder that maybe practise might be a good idea.....

Except I always find an extra second when racing with real people, a little extra something that AI can't quite pull out of me.......I'm still off the pace, but getting closer.

Last night I spent 90% of the first race within 2 seconds of the guy in front - hoping he would make a mistake I could exploit. It never happened, but it was fun hanging on to his exhaust, filling his mirrors with green Cougar. (That's my car, not a character from Guardians of the Galaxy)

2 more evenings of Get Real in the Silhouettes at free tracks.*
    2 more evenings of Amateur in the Silhouettes at free tracks. *

Public lobby racing free cars and free tracks - that is a recipe for disaster, but with these guys, it's respectful, fun driving all the way.

*Other events are available. T&Cs apply. Bernie says don't drink and drive. (Sim-racing excluded). YMMV.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the glowing reference Mart!

It's a blast racing these cars, a definite repeat for a future series!

More championships coming very soon. Check out rrleagues.com to keep abreast of latest announcements.

17. DubChain

DubChain Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Heard last nights action was intense. I was sad to miss it. Im committed to the GR Sunday event though. Haven't races portimoa in ages looking forward to it already.

• Like Like x 2