Does anyone having issue with latest Navida driver ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YingCFoo, Apr 15, 2017.

1. YingCFoo

YingCFoo Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Latest drive 381.65

I am experiencing game window always attract by something else.
    When it happen, game is still running smoothly but with a huge stutter, no any responses on keyboard., I need to mouse click once to re attract game window.

Also I set FPS in game window too from Navida Shadow Play, but now no FPS shown even I can still record and streaming my game.

Does anyone having this issue ?
    Note : I have zero problem in iRacing.

2. YingCFoo

YingCFoo Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Plus, I have already tried rollback to test few of old drivers, still not work.
    It happen after R3E update.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    put your full system specs , nvidia settings ; ingame settings
    and os
    in your signature
    it helps

Andi

4. YingCFoo

YingCFoo Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Sorry
    Sorry i am new to here, haven't put anything there.

Win8.1 64bit
    16G ram
    980Ti
    Game graphic setting runs in high @ 2560x1440
    Nvidia setting just like before with few optimal settings and shadow play enable

I am not close to PC, can't remember what exactly setting in Nivida, but nothings happen before update to flag rules build.

5. hotak

hotak New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm having issues too, with an i5 2500k at 4,4Ghz and a GTX680, it seems like i'm being CPU limited. That's not the only title I'm CPU limited since last driver, i'm having problems with mass effect andromeda and others, but i can't tell for sure if it's a driver issue or is my CPU starting to show his age with last games updates.
    I noticed that if i run without any AI i get a very smooth framerate, try that, maybe you're CPU limited too.

6. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    No issues here, R3E is running very smooth here with the latest drivers.

@YingCFoo, when ever I update the NVidia drivers i have to re-add the R3E NVidia profile. I use NVidia Inspector but you could also add through the NVidia control panel - Manage 3D Settings. I will then be able to use the NVidia FPS counter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. YingCFoo

YingCFoo Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Mine is i7 6700K, i think its not the limit...

Last night i test out with American Truck Simulator, same issue by jump back to desk top while game is still running at BG

8. YingCFoo

YingCFoo Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I've check that I don't have any profile there yet.....but before that everything run smoothly, I am still finding where is the problem.

9. hotak

hotak New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Try to check CPU usage anyway, because i wasn't expecting it too, never had CPU-side problems before the mass effect andromeda drivers, but since all the games i have CPU issues with have been updated too i cannot say for sure if it's the update or the driver (for example Pcars1 still runs well and it had no update..).
    It could be that with some configurations the last drivers make more CPU calls than they should, if you find out that R3E has 100% CPU usage onall cores on your 6700K too we can say that the problem is pretty much for sure driver's CPU usage, if not then there's both a driver issue AND I'm CPU limited since last R3E update :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  10. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Shadowplay doesn't work for me either, but FRAPS works.

11. William Wester

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Shadowplay works for me, do you have a NVidia R3E profile enabled?

upload_2017-4-16_10-29-1.png

12. William Wester

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I've got an older i7 - with a 17 AI race at Silverstone, and most every graphical setting at max, R3E is very smooth, no hiccups. CPU is not pushed either.
    Note, while racing R3E I also have SimVibe, Roccat Power-Grid, DashmeterPro, CrewChief, and sometimes VoiceAttack running.
    upload_2017-4-16_10-32-12.png

13. hotak

hotak New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    with latest nVidia drivers?
    Your CPU is a bit better than mine, but IMHO not enough to justify the difference in CPU usage.
    here's a screen with 16 AI at sonoma, where the CPU goes 100% is when i starrt the race, when it backs off is when i came back to windows
    http://imgur.com/a/OFotU

14. William Wester

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Yes, drivers version 381.65, Windows 10 Pro w/latest Creator updates. I took another screen-shot, this time without hyperthreading and at Sonoma with 17 AI. I don't see any real change in R3E since the latest update, processing wise.

upload_2017-4-16_16-24-29.png

15. hotak

hotak New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That's really strange, with 10% more clock than you i should be about on par with you in processing power without hyperthreading, I really wonder why i'm getting CPU limited lately, will probably need to try to do a fresh windows install.
    Thanks for helping me with testing this :)

Edit: also it's not temperature for sure, i have a serious water cooling loop, it never goes above 47-48°

16. William Wester

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    No problem, out of curiosity I had to check myself as R3E has actually been running the best it ever has over the past couple of years.

17. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Anyone having FPS issues, make sure to check you power settings in the control panel - NV has added this new 'optimal power' option and it's the default one after every driver update for me. Obviously it's wrong and I have to set the power setting to 'adaptive' or I get stuttering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. William Wester

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I haven't touched the NVidia Power Management Mode for some time, I use to set to "Prefer Maximum Performance" but I did notice mine was at Optimal (the default). Thing is, Optimal doesn't effect R3E FPS or stuttering on my setup (any of my sims for that matter). I'm not saying this couldn't be a contributor for someone but for me it doesn't causes any problems.

19. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Optimal was designed with the 10x series in mind. But earlier cards suffer from a severe downclock at this setting.

• Informative Informative x 1