News EASTER SALE - Friday 25th to Monday 28th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 24, 2016.

1. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Not sure I follow, there is a 25% discount now, the Easter Sale.

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I'd buy the premium, but once I do...then I can't again, so....not sure when to pull the trigger...if I ever will.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I pulled the premium trigger yesterday - finally.
    Mainly cos there's a discount and there are no tracks on the horizon (that I know of).
    Was good value for me despite bringing the total cost to something like A$180 over four years.
    Haring about in WTCC 16 at Silverstone today - HEAPS of fun.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  4. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    It's an old thread - the title refers to last year's Easter sale. It's on now... but applies to the big packs only.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  5. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    The way I look at it, it's relevant. If you have most everything then the Premium Pack doesn't include much but then again it's cheap. If you don't own much content then the pack includes a lot but at a much higher price.
    For me, I had stopped buying content waiting for improvement to the game engine and for a decent sale. I don't worry about only being able to buy the packs once as again the cost is relevant to the amount of content owned. I could have waited for more content but the price would also rise, no real advantage. Now that I purchased the Premium Pack I'll wait for the next sale before adding more content, assuming there will be desirable content at the next sale. The Packs are nice if there is a gap in content available and content owned but I'm not one to purchase everything anyway. In most cases it's cheaper to buy only the content I really like vs waiting for the packs to include everything available - everything will undoubtedly include things I will never use. My $.02

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Went for the Premium, though I know I will hardly use some of the cars. But I needed some cars and the three latest tracks and for a few Euro more I got a lot of missing liveries, though I don't really need them...:rolleyes:
    I see it as a kind of support from my side, hoping the long promised triple screen support will finally be added... Untill then my hours in R3E will be a bit limited...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I'll wait for the Summer Sale, hoping for a discount on all the new GT3...as I already have all content (from last Premium Pack), exept FR US, some M6 liveries and the 2 new tracks...

8. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I did the premium pack too. Decided that there's no time like the present and wanted to do my bit for the developers for the work on VR, flag rules,pit stops etc. and of course the extra content I get for the money.

Now I just need to save up enough for a PC upgrade and VR headset to take advantage of the work done there.... :)

9. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Same here, got the premium pack. I was never convinced with the business model of buying bits and pieces... I've heard a lot of positives about the game in the past months, this sale gives me the opportunity to buy a "full" game for a decent price (during the year I find the premium pack a bit too much for what you get...). There are certainly contents I will not use, but I can try any combination I want. So I'm a happy camper! :) Until more content gets added of course... Then I'll be like regular users and beg for a sale toward people with content...:rolleyes: :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Crap, I forgot to get this over the weekend. Does anyone know if the sale is still on today?

Edit: It is still up. I bought 5,000 VRP for the same price it was showing me it would cost to buy the Premium Pack ($35) but since it was only costing me ~3300 VPR I still have ~1700 VRP leftover to snag the next few pieces of content that come out basically for free.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  11. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  12. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1