eSports WTCC - Media

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Canal do Wotan has interviewed about the eSports WTCC. If you understand portuguese or want to try, enjoy the video :p.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SimNews.TV

SimNews.TV Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 3
  3. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    And here it goes, my first try on my home circuit:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alexander Dornieden

Alexander Dornieden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    My Cockpitview from the first race at Monza

And my Cockpitview from the second race at Monza

Hope you enjoy :)

• Like Like x 7
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
  6. Norbert Leitner

Norbert Leitner Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    7th time on the leaderboard at the moment when I posting this.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Yuri Bascope

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Did a commented onboard lap in portuguese, but with english subtitles.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
  8. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this commented lap @Yuri Bascope, very informative for me. I'm never at low rpm with the WTCC cars, and it's maybe for that i'm always more or less 2 second slower (without talking of the car setup). Hope see more commented laps from you, if you have time to do this of course

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yuri Bascope

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Shivas for your feedback. Well, it's my driving style, I prefer to throttle the soonest possible, so if I use low rpm I got no understeer. My teammate Juan Manuel Gomez uses high rpm and he is the fastest now. So it's all about driving style, I don't think there is a right way to drive this car. You need to drive how you feel confortable to be quick :p

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  10. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    That's true, just try to be a little more often in low rpm and that don't match with my driving style. Car got really more understeer even if i can be a lil faster in some section, but i also can be a little more faster when in high rpm ^^. My biggest problem is the setup. worst noob for that. For now all my laptime with more or less 2 second from you was just with change of the downforce, brake balance and do laps again and again ^^

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! :) Next time I'll try using low RPM like you, I know that when I try that on some tracks I often gain a bit of time, and the car is more balanced.

You can find a lot of informations on the web about setup, go slowly, learn one thing and test it enough time, then add a second thing and so on... I was a big noob too 2 weeks ago, and learned many things for the round 2, I still have to learn but that helped me to improve my time and feel better with the car. :)
    Sadly I'm not consistent enough at this level to achieve the best lap this setup can provide (actually 1.46.568) . If I see my ghost in the mirror, soon or later I'll loose back this 2/10... :)

12. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Second problem for me too, not enough consistent. I'm actually in 1.47.463 (and already happy with this time) but i know with the same setup i can be a lil faster. But when i have my ghost in the mirror, always a lil mistake. But yeah, i know some setup guide for Race 07 GTR and any simbin game works here but, just take the exemple for bound/rebound. it's the fast or the slow setting for this ? Here we only have one Bound/rebound for front and for rear, when Race 07 have two seetings for front and for Rear. And the fast rebound don't work same as the slow rebound, One for mass transfer other for curb etc, or am i wrong somewhere ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Nice, you took the only parameter I didn't change! :D
    I didn't read much on it, my impression is it's more important to adjust springs (and anti roll bar) as it changes the car balance in turns, charge transfert, understeering or oversteering and probably also breaking.
    But I can't talk about bump and rebound, it's my next chapter in learning . :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's the wrong place here, but it's related to this post very closely and @Yuri Bascope explains very well, why he's doing things as he does.
    It would be very helpful, to have a power graph with torque and power on rpm for each car in the setup department.
    So you could easyly see, which rpm range you should use, how to select gear ratios, where to shift up or down etc..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  15. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Here is my hotlap for the 2nd round ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Nikodem Wisniewski

Nikodem Wisniewski Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
  17. SimNews.TV

SimNews.TV Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    In this show the simnews trinity review eWTCC round one at Monza, look towards round two including qualifying and take a more in depth look into the season so far for Toby... with a mix of the usual banter too.

18. Yuri Bascope

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Some moments from my race.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Symyon

Symyon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just realized I had no idea how to drive a turbo engine. Thanks a lot for sharing.
    P.S. You enter a turn in 5th gear where I use 3rd o_O, I have a lot to learn...

20. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 5