Question CSW 2.5 profile

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rally-RacingIvysaur, Apr 4, 2017.

1. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for this info...This is very helpful and valuable info for setting up the wheel.

So if I'm correct this acts like steering linearity setting???

I'm testing it out Now and with the v2.5 the higher Numbers actually feel and make the car turn better...i was diving the GT3 camaro and at default setting of 13 i could barely get the car to turn...I tested constantly raising it +1 each time when i got to 20 the car steering feels great now...the v2.5/v2 has very accurate steering input once the DOR is set right the closer i got the wheel to 1 to 1 steering the better it felt.

This must be a very wheel dependent and user preference based setting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Mmm, I dont think this is correct. Steering lock and steering rotation dont really function like a linearity setting.

I believe we do have another setting that is like this though. "Steering speed sensitivity" is what it is called I think. Basically, the slower you turn your wheel, the slower the in game wheel rotates. And the faster you turn your wheel, the faster the in game wheel reaches full lock. I would recommend keeping this at default, because you really dont want a non-linear feeling in a sim.

Yep, I believe this is accurate, which is why many people like higher steering lock. The downside is with a higher steering lock, the tires will rotate more with the same amount of steering input on your steering wheel. So, you will be scrubbing the tires more creating higher wear, and the scrub will slightly slow you down due to the extra friction. So precise driving is needed.

Generally the lower the steering lock, the easier it is to catch a slide too. Since the wheels dont turn as much with a lower lock, countersteering has less of an affect. So you wont be over correcting as much with a lower lock.

Are you saying before making adjustments that your Fanatec wheel did not match the rotation of the wheel in game? Perhaps this is because the game doesnt have an official profile for the v2.5, but the game is supposed to take care of this automatically.

But yes, it should feel pretty good when the steering is 1:1 :)

Yeah, agree with this too. This is rather subjective. It is usually best to use what feels most comfortable to you. The pros and cons of higher or lower steering lock arent actually that big, so you wont be at a disadvantage based on your settings.

Cheers

3. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    For me the steering feels Much smoother and more accurate with the higher lock settings...I find that I'm not scrubbing the tires and the car doe's Not feel like its pushing into turns anymore..while i do prefer higher Steering lock values this is very car dependent because Not all cars will use the same # setting...I tested opposite ends of the stick the Gt3 Ruf and the Gt3 Camaro<--- the Camaro I could barely get it through a turn with out wheel lock up at the default setting of 13--- I tested 1 by 1 and the higher I got the better it feels 20 feels pretty much 1 to 1.... I test at Laguna Seca---> Next test Macau!!!!

The DOR was matching up but the steering input felt lazy /slow...it wasn't turning enough according to my hand movements and when I turned the wheel quicker to compensate then I would get tire srubbing and feel the car pushing into the turn.

Note the Pic I attached and the path in the search bar... follow the same path to get to your folder and check to see if you have a Fanatec CSW v2.5 setting in there...If you look at the screen shot you will see that the v2.5 is in there...I dunno why its not fully supported yet

I used "notepad++" and chose the edit file option to open the file to see what's in there.
    Read through it its a list of all the supported wheels seems the v2.5 has been added already...why its Not 100% supported yet I dunno:eek:

Desktop 04.07.2017 - 18.27.23.01.png

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  4. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Too bad there is still no CSW 2.5 profile for R3E. A working one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Do we know when we are getting a profile? whats the delay, I thought it might appear in this patch.

6. samyxite

samyxite Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @nate
    So just to be on board with everyone, 540/10 equal 540 degree driving wheel rotation, 10 the vehicle wheel range of rotation, and the too combine would be the steering ratio. Meaning when I turn my steering wheel 540°, my car wheels turn 10°. Resulting in a "steering ratio" of 540:10. (by the way 10° doesn't get you out of SPA pits).
    So my next question is why is this not a setup directly applied according to the driven vehicle or at list a default ratio according to the vehicle itself??? (or maybe it's an option I didn't find in the game).
    On top of that I still have to see the animation following the angle of rotation and not just the 180°...

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I've setup my CSW 2.5 as CSW v2 profile, no problems. All you need to do is to let R3E detect your base, and set it up as new profile. I've not noticed any issues (aside that it doesn't say 2.5, but I doubt it matters).

8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Good question, Im not sure I have all the answers, but I will try to clear up a few things.

First of all steering ratio. I have always seen it as steering rotation (in degrees) / steering lock. So, 540/10 is 540 degrees and a steering lock of 10. 900/30 would be 900 degrees and a steering lock of 30. 600/15 would then be 600 degrees and a lock of 15.

I do not believe steering lock means degrees. Or as you asked above, a lock of 10 does not equal your tires turning 10 degrees. Think about this for just a moment. In a racecar, if you turn the wheel as far as it goes, the actual wheels on the car would be turning far more than 10 degrees in whatever direction your turned your wheel. So, Im not sure if steering lock has a 'unit' that you can call it. It's just 'steering lock' as far as I know.

This likely depends heavily on what specific car you are using. Every class of cars in the game uses a different steering ratio. the FR US uses around 360/12, GT3 uses around 540/15, and DTM 92 uses 900/30. If you tried using different values for any of these classes, the cars may behave strangely or you may have trouble in hairpins.

In the car setup menu, there is a steering settings button which you can click on, and then can change manually, or click 'reset to default' to go back to the values the game has programmed for the car.

Well, it sounds like you are having a problem here. The game should be taking care of all this automatically. The game should be matching the in game steering wheel to your physical one. Whenever you choose a different car, the game should be adjusting automatically.

There is an option in the vehicle settings from the main options menu where you can choose to have the game adjust the steering rotation automatically. So, go there and allow the game to do this adjustment.

If this doesnt work, then Im not sure I can offer much more help. I use a Logitech G27 and dont have any Fanatec products, so there may be some extra changes that need to be made that I am unaware of.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Just set up my V2.5 and the game states that my universal wheel is not active, any suggestions?

10. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean with DOR?

11. samyxite

samyxite Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Degree of rotation I would assume.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    On my V2.5 the wheel shakes violently at center when in the straight aways, is there a setting to correct this?

13. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Set minimum force to 0 or 1.

14. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Updated Fanatec SDK to 3.0. This should also fix the issue some players experience with their CSW 2.5.

My wheel still says N/A at wheel range in car setups. Will report back when I have deleted device_statistics.xml and menu_controller_options.xml.

I also have upgraded to the new drivers 289.

edit:

Still says N/A for me. Too bad cause I really would love to pick up R3E again, cause I've invested money in it. and much. :p

ps Can anyway who has a 2.5 too report back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yep same here my 2.5 still the same still grayed out N/A..

16. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the reply. So I know I am not the only one. I am 100% sure it's an driver issue from Fanatec and all ISI-based games. I only fixed it in Reiza by switching my pedals and base so the joy and axis where switched.

17. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I don't know of 289 drivers, 273 is the latest.

18. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    You can download 289 in the forum of Fanatec.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I was reading else where that there is a profile for the 2.5 in game now, yet I can't see it.

20. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I don't see it either.