Problem "Auto Clutch" always on

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Matthew_Wheeler, May 3, 2017.

1. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

I seem to be having a problem turning off the Auto Clutch at the moment. In the options menu the arrows to change the setting are greyed out and don't work.

Also, hitting the F5 button whilst on track also won't disable the auto clutch?

Anyway to fix this?

2. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Nevermind, I could only do it from the main menu.

I would admit, that is a little odd though

Edit: Actually, when I went back into another race it reset back to on and can't turn it off.

3. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Auto clutch is always set in "on" for cars with sequential gearbox since a patch. This is an absolute nonsense at my mind because sequential gearbox are fully mecanical and request an action from the driver to the clutch. In facts, a lot of people made a confusion between a sequential gearbox and a semi-automatic gearbox (with autoclutch), even in the group of beta testers (verified).

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  4. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Ah, that'll explain it.

I do wish that sector 3 does remove it because for some cars (wtcc 2014 is the one which I noticed it on) it makes it impossible to get a decent start compared to the Ai. Unless you're able to predict when the lights go out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I hope too...

6. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    It's indeed annoying. Dogboxes are not equal to semi-autotransmissions. Except in R3E. It's crazy to have al those dogbox equiped cars which drive off without using the clutch. No stalling, nothing. It would be nice if S3S would set that right.

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What is the story with the clutch in the FR2 cars? I have manual gears and auto-clutch disabled in the menu, but I can select first gear fine with no clutch, then have to push the accel quite a bit for it to slowly release the clutch and engage the gear? This makes it impossible to get a decent race start as there is no manual clutch release control - it is just like driving a golf cart?

I see a lot of talk of dog boxes etc - but regardless of what cut your gears are you shouldn't be able to just select first gear and sit there idling with no clutch?

Noted above "Auto clutch is always set in "on" for cars with sequential gearbox since a patch. This is an absolute nonsense at my mind because sequential gearbox are fully mecanical and request an action from the driver to the clutch."

Is this for real?? I am fairly new to R3E coming from AC for the better sound (and AI...but regretting that decision!) - if this is the case then PC2 it will be!

8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    It unfortunately is for a lot of cars, and it's so annoying.

You don't have that for the GTO Classics (and same for Group 5, I think). KTM is also a H pattern, so no auto clutch.
    The Ford GT from the GTR 1 class has no auto clutch (you can stall it). But, those physics are older.
    But in AC, you can't really stall either (engine comes directly back to life).

You don't like the AI?

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Why doesn't the clutch act like a normal clutch , even with cars with a clutch and auto clutch Off it will still apply the clutch at low speed !