Raceroom on Steamcharts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by k.C goran, Jan 31, 2017.

1. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys,
    from time to time i check the Steamcharts to see how many Player's are driving this Sim.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/211500#All

The All Time Peak was in June 2015 [218.3 +67.3 +44.51%]-> 768
    768?That was before 18 Months!I really think something needs to be changed to break at least the 1K mark.Hopefully soon ;)
    Sector3 Forum counts 7885 registered Forum Member's by now.That's not a valuable number.Register on a Forum,Post/Read or not,then going away never come back.

Okay,some People argue with R3E Leagues.Like Password protected,better Driver's and so on.But having 30 Leagues for example,while only 100 Driver's are constantly Online doesn't make sense.The League Server's often aint full.End of last Year i joined a League for the first time at all.Didn't count,but average Driver's for those 5 or 6 Race's was between 8 to 10.That's a bit sad.I understand that Sim Racing is something special,needs a lot of time,is expensive(i mean Hardware and Software,Computer System's,Rig's,Wheel's and so on).Still there is no guarantee that you will be fast and have fun doing it.
    Somehow i think that this 768 All Time Peak number has to be overwritten to 1K something :).This 768 over 18 Month annoys me,plus this Sim definitely deserves more Driver's.

What do you think should be changed to brake the 1000 Player's All Time Peak on Steamcharts?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I've always wondered, does steamcharts count players not logged into the Community section (Friends, or whatever you call it), or it shows only the players available online during their playtime? Because I've found a different steam statistics site which showed totally different numbers (much higher).

3. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Good point,didn't thought or read about that.Smells like Steam stat's fail ;).But anyway,if you take a look at the MP Browser in R3E,definitely not a lot going on out there.

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Started to type a nice long winded opinionated post about this, then thought, baaa, if it crashes n burns ah well on to the next o_O

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There is another pretty similar page that shows some stats for Raceroom called Steamspy: https://steamspy.com/app/211500

Within that, you can find another page called steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/211500/graphs/

Not sure who it was, but a user posted that page here in the Forum. A big plus from that page is, that you can find much more stats, which not only shows the number of active players but also the number of installments... quite interessting.

• Like Like x 3
  6. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    The problem is the game never "launched". Very few people have the same content as any other player. The microtransaction model for a market this tiny really doesn't work very well. The reach of this game is so small compared to RACE 07.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I guess difference between steamcharts and steamdb could be explained by refresh times - it looks like the first one refreshes every hour and the second one every 10 minutes.

Amount of players seems to slowly grow, very slowly. That peak in June 2015 could be free weekend, and peak in April/May 2016 must be Nordschleife.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I gave R3E a second (or third) try about two years ago - the user interface was terrible, no AI.
    "10/10 would uninstall again" in steam review speak!

I got Assetto Corsa, then played PCars exclusively for a year, then iRacing for the last year.
    Researched online for something with good AI, and decided to give R3E another go (free to play, so how can it hurt?)
    Several car packs, all the European tracks, and a 'Starter pack' later, I am now onboard. I still play iRacing (masochist.....) for the online side of things, but in all other areas R3E seems so much better.
    But despite the improvements, it still seems like a hidden gem.
    Lots of small, regular improvements is great for the loyal users, but is never going to get major 'press' coverage.
    Here's hoping a more structured online experience lures people away from iRacing.
    But unless they hear about it................

• Like Like x 5
  9. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Getting that Topic back for our statistics-fans...

According to the numbers in Steamcharts, R3E managed to Top its peak-Number of active players at the same time, twice last month - from 768 to 770 on 23. April and to 795 on 30. April. Even on the 1. May there was a very good number of players active with reaching 789 players at the same time that day. According to the fact, that the old all time peak was reached during the free weekend in 2015, the new Peak is even a better achivement as it clearly indicats rising numbers of players.

That said, R3E managed to top the numbers average players active in a Month from 317.8 reached in April 2016 after Nordschleife-Release to 321.1 this month.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If you're into race Sims then you will try them all, nature of the beast. Where the trouble lies is in first impressions, RR crashed and burned on this one! I have similar issues with other titles. What I try to do now is to check back regularly with all Sims (iRacing aside, refuse to pay the ransom) and give them a few laps, gonna have to be some giant steps forward if any are to take my time from RR though. MP numbers are woefully low, which is a shame as there is no better wheel to wheel Sim out there. Fancy Single player numbers are a lot more encouraging, due to real racing series and great AI. Lets hope this whole esport malarky paves the way to brighter future with regards to Mp numbers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. T.L

T.L Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    And thats why the server browser thing has to disappear, I would drive this sim online all the time
    but no one is online, (probably doing like me, seeing if somebody is online..nope and then closes server browser) I only drive formula classes I might add...about empty servers, I still havent driven against anyone
    in this sim online, neither practice or race.

Unlike iRacing which has 2 practice servers online all the time with official races every second hour(ish),
    no need for teamspeak or joining a league or committing to anything else but driving when you want.
    Of course it works and the only reason why Im subbing.(for the last time, I promise!) ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately it is very dependend to the Country you live or the time you play. If you focus on Formula-Cars it is even more difficult.
    If there would be some more online-features such as an online-lobby and an easy to setup MP-Server within the game, things might look better.
    During the Peak-Times which are the evening-hours in europe, things are looking quite good already - but still not for Formula-Addicted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    It seems there's already a server for each car class. For example, when I want to play FR3 there's a [RR] server for that. So I join and wait someone to join, sometimes it works, and sometimes no, depending of hour. And this [RR] servers don't lag, as opposite to some home servers with 20 slots on a slow connection/computer. :)

14. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    And a little update on this topic today... the big eSports-Competitions we have at the moment seems to attract quite a few players for R3E. Last weekend we had a new peak in active players at the same time by adding 63 players to the old peak the week before, so having now a number of 868 Players.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    How do these numbers translate to online experience? I've only recently started racing in multiplayer, and during day time hours (in Europe) there are usually no more than 20-25 players in total across all servers. I imagine the peak is at Europe evening time, and most players don't do multiplayer at a given moment, but still... that's not a lot of players.

16. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Jepp, thats right. The peak-time is mostly around 21:00 CET. The increase in active players are only noteable when you are often in MP-Races. The numbers in the races aren't very high but a little increasement is noteable and especially some for me unknown players are participating in those public races.
    But I guess the numbers recorded in Steamcharts are mostly increasing due to the SP-Competitions like WTCC and DTM at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    It's really nice to see, let's hope it continues on that trend.

One weird thing I noticed is how little coverage there is for the two big events we have going on the usual simracing news outlets. Only saw Wim posting on bsimracing, Mercedes covered on Inside Sim Racing and the SimPit.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp, really nice to see... I'm especially from impressed from yesterdays numbers as 760 Players weekdays is really an enormous increasement... and in addition - yesterday I was uploading a video on Youtube and while watching I got 3 Livetreams from Racing-Series in Raceroom in my "Recommended Video"-section...
    But I totally agree - a bit more coverage from some Sim Racing News-Chanels wouldn't hurt. Atleast SimNews.TV had some discussions around the WTCC-Races. I hope that increases while the Competitions move on...
    But well - numbers don't lie and those are looking good at the moment... so I hope for some upcoming Competions that are similar to the current - maybe GT-Masters-Competition during the regularly quite summer-months? :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    There should be a counter inside the MP-browser that keep track of how many there is who not yet have decided which race to choose. And a text chat inside the MP-browser. Somtimes i can see people ("friends") starting up Raceroom (steam mess.) but i can't find them in MP. It would be nice if we could send message to to friends in game to gathering up for a race.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    What if all those new users in steam charts are all refreshing the mp lobby every 20 sec? :-D

• Agree Agree x 1