Released Falkenberg

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 10, 2017.

1. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    So, you are waiting for Eurosport and TCR to patch things up to announce TCR cars, right?Right???

• Like Like x 1
  2. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I know I am not going to win a popularity contest with this post, but here goes:
    I really don't like this stream of obscure swedish tracks that were a part of Race 07. They seem to me like an easy cash grab, give 'em a polish here and there and the quick port is ready. I would prefer if the development resources were focused on implementing the announced mp and sp features, server stability etc and getting the game out of beta eventually. If you are going to get some tracks out, there are so many the community wants (brands hatch gp for example) even if it means less frequent releases. Sorry but i had to get this of my chest.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Not the same people working on features and tracks..

4. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Well Falkenberg holds a special significance to me because Race07 was the very first sim racing title I had ever tried AND it was solely responsible for me building my first desktop and eventually... a sim racing rig. Falkenberg was the track - Race07 was the title.

Previously I only knew about console race games and had never experienced anything even vaguely sim like.
    Obviously that game and that track has cost me a lot of money since. lol

• Like Like x 3
  5. Giannis Christod

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I am aware of that, that's why I said I would prefer more known tracks (Brands GP, Sebring, Magny Cours, Twin Ring Motegi, Mosport) in less frequent intervals than the Swedish ones.

Edit: I have a strange feeling that most of the guys (not all) that are excited about them are going to buy them, run them for a week and forget them afterwards, especially online.

6. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    If you have the opportunity to make some "easy" money by "polishing" some old tracks, why not? Maybe we as the players will benefit from it later. As far as I can see those scandinavian tracks are great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    If you think I'm waiting long for this track Sector3 you're out of your falken mind

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Giannis Christod

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    That is the policy I am against at. Maybe in a short term basis there is a benefit but in the long term I think there are more negatives than positives. It is a quality over quantity thing.
    And although I am against buying these tracks I bought just Mantorp for some RD events with the WTCC cars and I didn't like the layout, the flow or how narrow it is, unsuited for racing imo, only for local trackdays/small club events.

9. Jusek

Jusek Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Awesome news! Knutstorp would be great to have as well. ;)

10. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thruxton please :)

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    So if we think a bit further - the switch to a new graphics-engine is more or less confirmed and save. That means that the content of R3E must be ported into that new engine. The task to do so is not that difficult on 3D-Models but especially the "Game-World" which would mean the Race-Tracks needs alot of rework.
    But if we look in the demands here in the forum we often see complains that there are new cars but no new tracks...
    So maybe it is just the compromise to deliver "new" tracks that were already in development to gave those users what they want, but not putting to much work in something completely new that must be build up from scratch and maybe needs to be reworked a few month later - that would definitely cost alot more man-power.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    It started as a swedish series called "Swedish Touring Car Championship" and was renamed to "Scandinavian Touring Car Championship" later. In 2010 the Swedish Touring Car Championship hosted some races together with the "Danish Touringcar Championship" and both championships merged in 2011 to be the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship. Still most races were held in Sweden. I don't know the exact reason for this, but I guess Denmark has less suitable tracks and less drivers in the championship.

Sources (for the facts, not the guessing):
    English
    German

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Sounds more like a personal opinion not like an objective statement ;)
    If we were talking about tracks you like more would you still be dissatisfied?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree. I never had Race07 and still I am excited about the Swedish tracks and bought them all (and will buy all others). Why? Because they are different. No sterile modern tracks like Shanghai, that Thai circuit or as you mentioned Magny Cours. I prefer these older tracks without endless run off areas. Run wide in Anderstorp for example and you will spin. On the modern tracks you can run wide several car widths - where's the challenge for clean and precise driving here?
    And no, I did not forget about them afterwards. Karlskoga is one of my all time favourites and Anderstorp is likely to follow it. Mantorp Park is not that high in my personal ranking, but I still prefer it over tracks like Silverstone or Nurburgring any time (I love Stowe though).
    Long story short, you seem to be into other cars than I am and look for looong, F1 style tracks. I like it slippery and twitchy. I'd love to see Oulton Park for instance, much more than somehthing like Magny Cours or Barcelona ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Looks very, very good! Nice addition in the tracks department! :cool:
    GTR2 and rFactor2 have dynamic day/night time and dynamic weather (albeit a bit crude weather system compared to pCars). In DX9 :cool:. And just as it would be fantastic to have BeamNG collission features when you crash... I don't give a damn in sim. I want realistic driving and racing, would love the dynamic timing and weather, especially for endurance racing. But it doesn't have to be too flashy and too shiny like most DX11 graphics appears now. It's a bit like my Lego F40. It isn't the most flashy recreation of a F40, but damn it's a blast to build and to display it. And that's what sim is about for me.

And if I had a genie in a bottle, I would let it give us R3E'ers a WEC pack with current prototype/GT3/GT4, and all WEC circuits including Le Sartre Circuit:cool:. Besides dynamic time and weather offcourse! :rolleyes::cool::p:D (Hint hint @J-F Chardon maybe? Someday? :p:D)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Giannis Christod

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Of course it is 100% a personnal opinion, how would i ever be able to make an objective one? I wouldnt be dissatisfied if the tracks where the most voted ones from the track wishlist thread, not my personal favourites, I am not that self centered :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure of this, but we got a hint on some tracks that was close to done in the Inside sim racing stream, and that they was going to return and finish those once other Raceroom Entertainment AG requests that had gotten in between was done.
    That would also explain the rate we have gotten those tracks. And if I remember correctly they are not just porting the old Race 07 tracks, they are built up from scratch in R3E.

And about requested tracks fom the Commnity list thread. My wishes for example was Dijon Prenois, Magny-Cours and Road Atlanta.
    But my all time favorite tracks are the Scandinavian tracks from Race 07. I love short, twisty and technical tracks like those! The only reason I didn't vote for them was that as a swedish developer, I thought S3 would have gotten those to us a long time ago.

And how I see it, those tracks isn't seen anywhere else (except in Race 07), which makes them a far better choise than other requested tracks that are in every other racing game.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    But think how excited you would be if was Brands Hatch full, Sebring, Road America, or some other popular track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I am sure some more Northern American stuff will come, otherwise the FR US doesn't make much sense to me. I just fear it will be dull tracks like CoT rather than Sebring, Road America or Watkins Glen, I hope they proof me wrong :)
    But look further into the Falkenberg announcement - I don't think they release these tracks just because they are nice. The hint "STCC" makes me hope for some nice new car series, the TCR (and I say that as a GT3 fan) ;)

20. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I played the hell out of the STCC in Race 07 so these tracks are a delight for me. With no offense to Race 07, it's like stepping out of an old car into a brand spanking new one that's clean and shiny. Plus I cannot complain about the price. The new cars cost more than these tracks have. I'm just hopeful we'll get an STCC set of cars to run them on.

• Agree Agree x 1