Incident needs Race Steward

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m.bohlken, May 16, 2017.

?

Who's Fault?

1. BMW

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Porsche(Ruf)

28 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I just had a little MP-Race on Sachsenring unfortunately with a not so nice situation short after the Start in T1 - T2.
    I was driving the BMW in that video and unfortunately send the Porsche into a spin.
    I'm not sure if I could have done something to avoid the incident - the Porsche-Driver at least had the opinion that it was my fault and waited the following laps to destroy my race.

So, what do you think?

2. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    not your fault..at least from this piece of footage, you had the inside, he came across, what did he expect? for you to dive off the track onto the grass?

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Yep, Porsche's to blame for that one.
    The BMW is simply holding its position, while the Porsche unfortunately misjudges how far it is ahead and clips it.
    Done it myself more than once.

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to RR MP, where everyone's a driving God and faultless to boot, open servers are the place to learn patience, a place to learn avoidance techniques and above all a place where ambition outweighs ability by a factor of at least 100:1.
    Still the best fun you can have on yer Jack Jones on a wet Tuesday morning, definitely beats spending the morning complaining on the forum about the misgivings of the AI. :rolleyes: When you shout at the AI they ignore you and drive off into the distance, when you shout at a driving God they lie in wait for your return every lap, chuffing hilarious, where else can you race whilst being hunted down like a criminal for holding a racing line?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    One of those racing incidents. You were on the outside, he moved over and contact happened. Short of throwing your car onto the grass you couldn't have done much, he should have held his line and would of had the inside line into the next turn. Tell him to download Crew Chief.

6. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Says it all for me :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Game should draw an arrow on side of screen when a car is closed on a side, with a color code indicating the distance. You can't wait for others to download an app' but this kind of feature could help a lot in races.

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I disagree with that. Drivers shouldn't need a spotter or little arrows on the screen. If you're not *sure* that that's room, you must assume that there *isn't* room. This is especially important online where lag and packet loss can result in the game making dubious predictions as to where a car actually is, resulting in cars jumping around a bit.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm ok that this overtake maneuver was wrong.

But there's most cases where a spotter is useful, e.g. when someone overtake you and you drive side by side for a "long" time. Reading the forum, most of Crew Chief users seems to like and need this feature, but I think this kind of feature should be integrated in game cause even if you use Crew Chief it also protects yourself from people not using Crew Chief. :) It's frequent in a race to overtake someone who just doesn't seem to see you and has unpredictable behavior.

This is common issues related to lag, it also affects visual placement of cars, but it doesn't invalidate a spotter.
    Or maybe are you saying that I shouldn't rely on Crew Chief online? :) I'm planning to test it for this weekend eSports race, especially to get more infos on side-by-side driving.

10. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Please don't rely on CC for anything. It's a helping hand, nothing more.
    Don't get me wrong, CC is a great gizmo, and I use it myself in every online race I'm in.
    But it doesn't catch everything (or at least not in time) so don't rely on anything but your own senses.
    As @mr_belowski said, if you're not sure there's room, assume there isn't.

11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It should have a disclaimer - "Crew Chief is for entertainment purposes only, and the absence of a car proximity warning should not be considered sufficient evidence that no car is along side you. Always check your mirrors and be a safe driver".

or, in English, Crew Chief is usually accurate but is inaccurate just often enough to ensure your crashes are your own damned fault :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I was a bit off-topic, but it's something I have in mind and it's related to the OP issue.
    When someone overtakes you and it lasts for several turns (imagine on Nordschleife). In game I have no indication of the opponent's position, he's not in mirrors, I see nothing looking left/right (I use hood cam cause of a 23" screen), so this is dangerous and stressful to just imagine its position. IRL driver can turn his head just a bit to see opponent (180° view range), so I find a HUD indication would be fine.

13. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    @m.bohlken
    Watching this in super slow motion doesn't help judging the real thing. I always prefer the natural speed ;)

14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    would help to see couple seconds before the incident.
    For me it just looks like a normal racing incident.. no-ones fault.. or fault from both.. .. whatever you wanna call it.

15. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I've just uploaded a new Video - this time from his perspective, in normal speed and a few seconds earlier...

@sbtm: yepp, I agree, for me it seam like no ones fault, too. Just an unlucky move from the Porsche with a bad end for him. So normally no need to blame someone...

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    is the video private? cannot watch it

17. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp, it was. I've changed it now - sorry :)

18. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Ruf's fault in my oppinion. From the second video it sounds like he lifted and that finally spun him. The contact was just minor and had he stayed on the throttle probably nothing would have happened.
    The contact itself was a normal race incident for me, he misjudged your position.

19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I see aline senna is still being a complete cockface :(

20. Monty

Monty Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    a littel bit offtopic:
    Please do not misunderstand but what sometimes happens Multiplayer is really too much
    I think the Dev should work on a Banlist which can be adjusted on the each server, the function are the already at "GTR2" "Race07" and I do not understand why to today is not going to R3E many things are really cool But some things well.
    Working flags gave s zbsp. Already at F1 Challenge 99-02 the game is from 2003.
    Deutsch:
    bitte nicht falsch verstehen aber was manchmal abgeht Multiplayer ist echt zuheftig
    Ich finde die Dev sollen an einer Banlist arbeiten die auf dem jedem Dediezierten Server eingestellt werden kann das sind vorallem Funktion die gab es schon bei "GTR2" "Race07" und ich verstehe nicht warum das bis heute nicht geht bei R3E viele sachen sind echt geil aber manche Sachen naja.
    funktionierende Flaggen gab s zbsp. schon bei F1 Challenge 99-02 dasSpiel ist von 2003.

• Like Like x 1