The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    well imo, it is not free to play, it is modular, and that concept opens up a lot of doors....buy only what you want. So if you are smart and not one of those guys who needs everything, you could get a car and a livery from the classes you like for very cheap. Same goes fro tracks, but you would have to buy into those a bit more.

I agree though, with the release GT2 pack(I feel they got the price wrong for those and all the great liveries), things are getting expensive, but the 50% off sale was great.

I can't comment too much on the second part of your post. No one likes always on for SP, BUT if it actually worked well, and there were not so many quirky issues connecting, we probably wouldn't be talking about it. If you just turned it on and it logged you in quickly and without incident we probably would have our energy focused somewhere else. Its just like an mmo....for better and worse.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    If they were to change the model around, maybe just give a small credit to the people who have a lot of content with the past model...it can't be 1 to 1, but something could easily appease most people... in theory.

You could feasibly have both models and both could work, but there has to be some sort of package model, imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I like the Idea of a Starter-Pack... It's something I had in mind since the Content is growing and it is very difficult for a newcomer in R3E to decide what to buy.

I had two ideas about that. The first and a bit more complicated to design in the shop would be a free configurable Starter-Pack with for e.g. 10 Slots for Tracks an 15 Slots for Cars.
    The other idea is to create a Starter-Pack with the favorite cars and tracks out of the R3E-Community. Everyone of us knows that statistics in their R3E-Profile. So why not use that statistic and build up a Starter-Pack out of it. The Content of the Pack could be regularly updated.

Another thing I can't get into and which I still don't like is paying for liveries. That's a thing, that makes R3E really pricey...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I understand that it might be a lot of work, but getting more people to the game would probably be in the licensors best interest as well.
    And the sooner the better.

About people already invested in the game.
    I guess something like Reiza did, with giving out redeem codes to those people on steam would work.

About price changes, making it better / cheaper for newcomers.
    I just quote Skybird.

5. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

This video may help you... People always complaining "driving like a boat" What exactly means? Is because the cockpit movement like a boat or FFB lack of road feel? I recommend G27 user turn Fz scale up to 200 so you can have a nicely bump feel. Other setting you can follow this video.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    More feel to it now, but still very dead compared to R3E. And still no rumbling on the curbs and so on.

Also, it's very unsettling that the default settings have to be tweaked in order to work... Reminds me of Shift 2, where I endlessly tweaked and tweaked the steering settings, because it was impossible to get it right... R3E and other titles work just fine with the default settings. I reckon SMS had a G27 wheel to test before they released the game, so it shouldn't be impossible to get the default settings right.

7. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    one would think the defaults for the major wheels should work well....but time is money....

8. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My G27 too weak if i use those video tutorial . Base on that video setting, You can adjust slightly up +5~+10 for master scale, fx scale and fy scale to fit your taste. fz=200, mz =100

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  9. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    yep, after hours of tweaking ive found the best thing for me to do so far w/ my g27 is leave everything default & double the master spindle from 26 to 52.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    will try that

11. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I would suggest to remove all smoothing both from control settings and from car FFB setup in garage. Then I would add some deadzone removal range - this will help for the very weak default force in neutral position of the wheel. I would also mess with Fz parameter in car setup (it is responsible for vertical forces), and with spindle arm. I haven't touched any more sliders apart from those and I was able to achieve quite nice FFB responsivness and overall feel, although it is still not as god as R3E.

The real pain in the ass with tweaking FFB is the need for loading the 3d car model in garage to be able to get to the car FFB setup page, and after getting on the track you have to wait even more before AI drives out of pitlane and you get manual control over the steering wheel. It doesn't make any sense for me and also it is serious immersion killer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Which pack you prefer?

14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't feel or drive as good as R3E.
    And the sound is plane and dull in comparison, especially the surrounding sound and from other cars.
    Becomes a bit annoying to listen to after a while if I'm honest. :confused:
    And I actually don't find the graphics equaly appealing, it looks a bit cartoony imo.

But my biggest issue with Pcars is the AI, it's one of the worst I have seen!.. .
    They are all over the place, literally!! :eek:

They won't hesitate to dive bomb you in every corner.
    Also trying to avoid all contact with other cars, wich means they never hold their line!!!
    If you driving side by side and you turn a bit against them, they will drive off track, cut corners or even smash into walls rather than make a little contact with you or any other car!!.. . o_O
    I have crashed many times because of stupid AI's trying to avoid other stupid AI's, suddenly jumps right out in front of me when I'm about to pass.. .

I can't believe SMS figured that the AI was good enough to release this game!! :mad:

Things I do like with Pcars is the tracks I miss in R3E.
    False starts
    Flags
    Talking pit crew
    Mandatory pit stops
    On and Of button for the head lights and with dashboard lighting
    Working windshield wipers
    Dynamic time and weather

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ive only tried the one with SoP so far

16. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    i feel like the AI could be raceable if i analysed them enough, except for one thing, you just cannot go side-by-side with them. they will drive directly to the apex at least half the time even if you have the position, knocking you out. ive also had them randomly jerk into me on straights.

i guess lesson is unless it improves if youre going to pass give them the slip quick. (probably a good rule in general, i guess..)

17. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    For those of you you might use a Fanatec CSWv2 you might want to try my settings:

| Wheel: CSWv2 w/ CSPv2 (USB) + CSS SQ (Conn. 2 base) (driver 205b - FW065) | Damping: 100 | 900ยบ
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0 | FFB/TF: 100/50 | Per Wheel Movement: -0.07/00.2/0.01 | Relative Adjustment Gain/Bleed/Clamp: 1.10/0.10/0.95
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: OFF | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: OFF | For: 100| Spr:[/B] 30 | Dpr: 0

For the CSWv1 users, same stuff but TF (tyre force) upped to 100 seems to be equaly good (i was told but i don't have it myself so I can't test). Ofc, as always clipping is unwanted so you need to check the telemetry HUD for this parameter as YYMV.

Hopefully an FFB meter will come to R3E as well. It would be of immense help as is the CSW support.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Yo guys before this gets out of control... Let's just not start posting settings, tweaks and such for PC.
    After all this is S3S forum, not WMD ;-)

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Told you it was all your fault! :p
    WMD = Weapons of Mass Destruction? Is this the name of the AI in some sim? ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    If I would be S3 I would sit around this , sipping some fancy cocktails, having a good laugh and end this with "Topic closed"...:D