Volvo S60 Polestar TC1 - Nordschleife 24 Hours - Leaderboard

Discussion in 'Nordschleife' started by ChatCureuil, May 16, 2017.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm still noob on setup so I don't promise it's a good one. Feedback is welcome! :)
    My best time on the eSports leaderboard was 8.35.077 with mistakes/inconsistencies.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Pursang

Pursang Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing and congrats for your result. I don´t understand how ARB at 0 it can works, it not seems realistic.

3. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Pursang, thanks for the feedback.

The ARB 0 was from my early tries to setup this WTCC cars on Hungagoring. I was searching more grip in turns by maximizing the load transfer, so I used soft springs and no ARB. The car is less reactive in chicanes but I had a better driving feeling in almost all turns.

I don't think ARB 0 is not realistic, I have just read a part of this document (you're french, isn't it?) that says:
    I still need to read deeper this document, seems very good!

I continue to work on the setup for the race, and now I'm trying harder suspensions and ARB, to make car more reactive. I did this yesterday and it was fine, I must try more.

Maybe the setup I used for the leaderboard was more based on a lack of experience with this cars (and setup) and I'm progressively returning to something better, but it really helped me on the leaderboard.

Like the toe to its maximum values... I tried this thinking it was a bad idea but I wanted to see the results. Then I never changed it cause the car was way more stable in turns. :) But it seems tires wear out faster, and maybe the toe adds some instability in particular cases, still need to check this...

Feel free to continue talking about setup. :)

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I think you could try lowering rear ride height - it should give you more downforce and lower center of gravity. To compensate udersteer you could stiffen rear suspension and/or ARB

5. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion @rad. Sometimes with this setup the bottom touch the road, it isn't an issue on car handling so I did nothing. But lowering the rear may not be good. But I'll try your suggestions on the setup I'm preparing for the race (with higher suspensions).

6. Pursang

Pursang Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Agree, and perhaps improves speed in last straigh. Less Toe also improves speed ;)

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  7. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    In fact, 8.2 is the minimum rear ride height on this car.

8. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I agree IRL, but I've tested in R3E and WTCC 2016, same top speed and same acceleration with zero toe and -0.5/+0.5. ^^ Maybe the angle is too light to make a difference...