Do you want more players on RaceRoom? Then do this :P

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Auache1001, Jun 2, 2017.

?

Do you want this to happen?

1. Yes

43.5%
  2. No

52.2%
  3. Probably

4.3%
  1. Auache1001

Auache1001 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not going to write why this suggestion will make more players play just because you can understand why.
    At every Race Win a player should win 1VRP if there are 14+ players in the lobby so that wont be so easy.
    This will help new players wich drive good but dont want to spend money on the game..
    Meh.. i know this wont be added but it would be cool.

2. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to start another pricing (model) discussion, but in my opinion, the costs for cars/tracks/packs are very fair and shouldn't be the point to miss out this great sim.

I think it would draw more people, if some multiplayer options, AI/collision physics, series (e.g. TCR)... or brands (Lamborghini, Porsche...), an online rating system, online championship platform (iRacing like), triple screen support and so on, that are requested here at the forum frequently, would be implemented... and of course, if bugs and other technical issues would be solved.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Arligan

Arligan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well the pricing model is perfect as it is. Costs are very fair for someone who only plays single player like me. I get to play premium content without paying monthly. I agree with above, online championship platform would be the best attractor, but not having to pay monthly is the reason I choose R3E over iRacing, so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    No I think the majority of new players would be be free loaders on the free content servers trying to get free stuff. Perfect environment for an arcade experience.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    Yes i want more players but i have to be careful what i wish for. I don't want just more players, i want more of a certain type of racer and that will only happen if we add more features to the sim, more so than just content. I also don't see enough competitive racing online there are some good leagues that i've seen but i'd like to see more. The epsorts is a good start just needs to be branched out in some way to the not so gifted/aliens like how they have the WTCC division 2 races.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    People forget that to install raceroom is free - this forum has had this discussion more than anything else which is a shame, but you can easily buy most the content and still be down in terms of cost compared to AC or porject cars ..and well, we wont mention iRacing costs...

people see the buy per track scheme and are instantly put off, again forgetting completely that they installed the game for fre...moreover, you only need to buy 1 car per class to even race...so even if you have a tight budget..just buy 1 car, and then focus the rest on tracks...tada...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I think there is an element or PR/marketing that comes into play here. Why does Raceroom get next to no press coverage? iRacing is the known name, i knew about it before i started sim racing. I never entertained the idea (of iracing) due to monthly pricing. As a newbie a few months back I had to really search to find that Raceroom even existed...It is not prominent on Steam, in gaming press etc. Glad i found it mind you.

• Agree Agree x 2