Realistic steering wheel Rotating range for VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Papifix, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Papifix

Papifix Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I am currently driving with VR - Oculus Rift. The mid-range feeling in R3E is very good, VR were implemented very well.
    Very annoying is only the optically restricted rotation range of the steering wheel. If I turn the steering wheel and after 90 degrees it does not go any further, then the immersion is totally gone, then you realize immediately that it is only a game. Very sad.

I wish me a complete turning movement also with older vehicles

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    if you turn off driver's arms the wheel rotation works properly, but then you don't have any arms. The newer cars are better but I agree that the older cars really need updating here

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Not all of the newer cars came with the better rotation range, and I still find it hard to believe most of the cars still have this limited range on the virtual wheel, how long does it take to correct, they announced that all cars would get the update so long ago yet still nothing has happened.

4. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Oh, that is my problem, too. I just driving this time without steering wheel and driver arms, but it will be fine, if that problem are fixed.

5. Reiche

Reiche New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree with you, the steering range implementation in VR is really needed to be fixed. This is the most obvious "bug", but driver position/size, animation of pedal pressing and animation of paddle shifting need some updates too. No game breaker, but it could be done so much more satisfying.

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    has R3E/ Sector3 provided any feedback into this? find it strange with all the VR that this has not been optimized, such obvious issue...