Problem Players cannot connect on my Server

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tobi Strobi, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi Racers!

I have a Problem concerning the dedicated Servers. I started a server and wanted to race with other people. I followed the Multiplayer Dedicated How-To ( https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/multiplayer-dedicated-how-to.687/ ). So far so good. I opened the ports in my firewall (UDP and TCP) but couldn´t connect. Then I installed the Microsoft Loopbackadapter ( https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...if-you-cannot-join-your-own-dedi-server.4672/ ) and I finally could connect to my own server. But the other players could not. I was driving on the server and everything worked very good but the others told me that they can see the server and the Training-Time was counting down but they could not see a Ping. The Ping-spot was like: -ms
    I even deactivated the Firewall completely but nothing changed. Even after severall Game and Server Restarts.

Any idea what´s wrong? I´m clueless :(

Thank you!

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What's your router?

3. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don´t know exactly. It´s a standard router from Unitymedia.

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  5. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Which method did you use to open the ports, the one on page 35 or the one on page 36?

7. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Non of them. I opened them like Systemsteuerung\System und Sicherheit\Windows-Firewall and opened them there.
    Maybe that was the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes, when you start the server you see at top of web page the ports used, TCP and UDP. You need to open/forward the same ports in your router settings.

As I see on this page, you need to connect to 192.168.0.1 with a web browser, use "admin" as login and password, then find the page for ports forwarding and add the 3 ports specified by R3E server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thanks for your help, I opened the ports in microsoft settings but not in router settings. That must have been the problem. I will try this next time.

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, gotta forward the ports in your router. I think the method on page 35 should be the one to go for (port triggering doesn't always work with RR). So try forwarding the ports using the method on page 35 and pay attention to the UDP and TCP prefix, that's important for it to work.
    If the forwarding doesn't work, try port triggering. If that doesn't work, try the DMZ function. However, you shouldn't run your router in DMZ for a longer time as that can pose a security threat, would just be good to know if it works in DMZ if both forwarding methods fail.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I opened the ports in my router so it should work. But I´m not shure if it will work because I think I have a DS-Lite connection and I read in the Unitymedia forum that the provider will block it, even if the ports are forwarded.
    Is this true? Because I´m a noob when it comes to technical stuff like that and this would mean that I cannot host a server anyway?!

Thanks guys.

Übrigens Christian ich komme auch aus Deutschland und wir können deutsch schreiben falls das einfacher ist :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ist immer so ne Sache, wenn wir bei Englisch bleiben, können auch Nicht-Deutschsprachige ihr Wissen teilen bzw. Lösungen für auftretende Probleme finden. Daher...

Yes, it's true that DS-Lite can cause port forwarding issues, simply because you use a pooled v4 address, so the packages have to be translated by the ISP and forwarded to your v6 address. Now there is v6 port forwarding, but I'm not too familiar with that.
    Recently v6 support has been added in RR, but I'm not sure if that completely resolves the issue of port forwarding under DS-LITE.

If it doesn't work, feel free to comment here again, maybe we can figure sth out regarding v6 forwarding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ja, da hast du wohl recht.

So theoretically it should work now. I will try it in the near future.
    Thanks again for your help.

• Like Like x 1