International [CFEG] Raceroom Endurance Series - LMP2 + GT3 - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, May 29, 2017.

1. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Quali was not regulated by the game. An Admin clearly stated in game at practice not to be abusing the limits of the track.

2. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to come across as a dick, But if you had just said the games track limits were the track limits there would have been no issue. But you told us white lines. You also told us this as practice started.. Clearly no one else wanted to abide by the rule you had made and there was far too many people cutting massively. Bojan made me spin in practice because of his need to get to onto the green for braking into turn one.

After passing me he darted way off track onto the green. Like i said, if this was allowed form the start, no issues. But you made the rule of white lines..

3. bojan.bogdanov

bojan.bogdanov Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Race was great,i enjoyed it very much! It was my first endurance race, a lot of traffic, very hard to overtake and race with other p2 cars. First 30 minutes, @baronkg and me did awesome fight, always whitin a second, passing cars and tryng to be clean and fast as possible, but unfortunately, @baronkg missed a button for pit limiter and was DQ and 15 minutes before the end, while i was in the lead i lost internet connection, but happy overall and cant wait for the next race :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Which is a standard rule you'd find across many leagues.
    The track limit rules that raceroom enforces automatically are simply not good enough and either cut the engine at horrible times causing cars following close behind to plow into you or causing you to spin out. The other settings are way too harsh and no room is made to accommodate avoiding on accident on the track.

Cut rules were in the initial sign up post "Cutting the track" is widely considered keeping your car between the white lines, all I did prior to the race was reaffirm our standing on cut track rules.

Like i've said I will view the replay to check that no-one is consistently gaining an advantage but to do so properly without driver reports would cost me 48 hours of my time. Not possible. If you believe that you were disadvantaged then report the driver so I can dedicate time to specifically investigate it.

5. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Yes correct its in the original post and yes you told everyone again. But regardless 70% of the people in the race were abusing the limits. Ill do so digging into the reply and let you know of drivers.

6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    We are very limited on what we can actually enforce in a race, we have no option to include a live marshal and no way of dishing out a punishment even if we did have a live marshal. We could always go back to R3E's built in "slow-down" penalties, but, I highly doubt anyone wants that given how unreliable they can be.
    As @Rirdeg has already said, we will review the race as best we can and deal out penalties accordingly, again though, we are going to be limited on what penalties we can dish out as we can't dictate grid positions etc.
    I understand your frustrations on every point you've mentioned but, we are doing the best we can with the tools we have available.

Please bare with us while we go through the race and finalise the results, hopefully we'll have official results "Soon™".

7. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I totally understand that dude! It just pisses me off to no extent when rules state one thing and people are clearly over throwing those rules. I had a long stint chasing Arella? i think his name was. I was under his wing for like 15 minutes plus. Had many issues going massively wide due to having no downforce in his draft half the time. But i tried to refrain from attacking him when that happened incase i gain a massive advantage. But after looking a little at the Livestream even on there i see a few people being completely over the kerb in the braking zone in turn 1 to name a few.

My reply is bugged and crashes my game so ill see if i can get one from someone else and do a proper scan through the replay. I Just want to see fair results thats all.

8. turbosprezarka

turbosprezarka New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh boy, there will be many penalties (including one for me I guess).

I think there is no good solution for track limit problem, at least for now. Current in-game options are not good enough because either we would have many DQ or we don't have basically any penalties. Slow-down penalty would be good but I am afraid that there would be many situations when drivers would be caught off-guard causing unnecessary crashes.
    In practice session I tried to obey the track limits but when I saw other drivers and and their lap times I started to help myself with a little extention.

Also I would like to tell a few words about driving standards. I do understand that not everyone is the quickest driver in the world and that a mistake or two can happen and that is absolutely fine. I do (did today) mistakes myself. But some drivers are not aware of what is happening around their car. Driving in traffic is still a nightmare to some drivers.
    So, dear GT3 drivers. When other GT3 driver aproach to lap you, do not brake in middle of straight or don't run away in the middle of a corner. This behavior is very unpredictible to driver in back and can cause accidents. Try to stay in your line and if you want to let other driver on straight, just let off a throttle a bit. And please, check your mirrors!
    Dear LMP2 drivers. Some drivers lapped us very well, waiting for good opourtunity so both drivers would lose as little time as possible. On the other hand there were a few drivers that were just dive bombing. There were situations where I just had to jump of my line aproaching the apex of a corner because some guy thought It would be a great place to lap me. Please, think when you lap other cars because by dive bombing you can lose way more than you can gain.

In terms of my race, It was basically a race to forget. Spun out after a few laps then gained couple positions. I was in decent situation but then I got a penalty for speeding in pitlane (damn, It happens). After serving the penalty I was leaving the pits behind lapped black R8 (sorry, I don't remember the drivers name) and he slowed so much that I had to drive around him and then we touched. Another spin. You think this is bad? At second and last pit I didn't put enough fuel to reach the finish so I hat to pit on the last lap. Such a shame because I think I could fight for 4th or maybe even 3rd today. But I had a lot of great on track action during overtakes so at least that was nice. Hope to have a better race next round!

9. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to say thanks for the race. Hope it was fun for most of the other drivers as well as it was for myself. Reading the comments you could get a slightly different assumption. For the first race I think it was good what I could experience from my point of view. I also had a misunderstanding with one Radical as it looked like he wanted to drive through me. Sorry for that. At the beginning I could stay close to the top but this changed as the LMP2s started to overlap us. I lost too much time and then had this little incident. To be honest I was surprised positively that I was still that close to the fast drivers.
    After the first stop Connor could close the gap. Somehow funny that I could see mainly him in my rear view mirror cutting sometimes the track. No offense, you explained it. At least I can say that it's not correct that
    . Driving in front was very clean in my opinion and these were the cars ahead of you in the race.
    After the last stop I was surprised that I was quite close to John Passmore again and i was in the mood to pass at least one more ;). But I had the feeling I didn't fuel enough and after some calculations in my head what is quite tricky while driving I came to the conclustion better to try to save fuel as I had enough gap to the cars behind. Finished with 2 litres left :D
    So thanks guys, grats to the podiums and cu next time!

P.S.maybe it could make sense to test slow-down penalties in one of the sunday events. I think it was improved in one of the last updates. I'm no friend of this penalty and don't know if it works without DQ after a certain amount of violations. But maybe it helps to avoid such a discussion. Probably then we will have another penalty discussion ;)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  10. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Bearing that in mind, I thought that would have stood for the whole event, not just for the race. Maybe next time I'll start abusing all the astro turf to gain a pole position and a massive section of clean air ahead of me. Seeing as you know I'm talking about you, I'll just let the pictures speak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How am I meant to match your times when I'm sticking between white lines. Your first corner line is a joke, you're not even in the white line. The first up hill left you use way more again to straighten the wheel quicker to get the power down harder. Second to last turn you're again not even on the track and the last turn was again a joke. If I did that in qualifying maybe I would have been at the front with you but I respected track limits with the white line rule posted here. Clearly no one cares about that and next race with any extra run off that the game allows I'll be abusing all of it trust me because that fast lap was a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Right guys, lets knock this on the head before it gets out of hand.

@Rirdeg , @OverTheLine and I, will review the replays and penalties will be applied accordingly, if you have any driver incidents you'd like to report, please do so in a PM to either @Rirdeg or myself (and @OverTheLine when he gets back from his holiday).

This is the first full series we've run and we'd like to keep it friendly and free of bad blood between drivers, at least until the latter rounds.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    This one is fine IMO. White lines are generally considered as part of a track, so his both right wheels are inside boundries.

13. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Oh no i'm so sorry, i totally forgot it was raceday yesterday, so sorry i was'nt present... Hope you guys had lots of fun see ya next month

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the race yesterday. Had a really Funrace..
    Was pleasantly surprised by how little problems i had apart from my start, small contact in t4 and another dumb action from myself in lap 5 with my GRRT-teammate Peter. LsfGenzo tought i was going to spin, avoided the incident and lost about 5sec.. Sorry for that Genzo..

After that i woke up and worked my way up from p8 i think to finish p1.. Didnt expect this after the first laps but just tried to go fast when there was no traffic, be cautious when there was traffic and have smooth pitstops. Martin and I also made it possible to have a 2-stop from which we benefited i think! And the disconnect from Bojan of course.

Regarding the tracklimits..
    - In quali i dare to say my laptime was perfectly legal.. Past week my quickest was 1.33.7 and yesterday i drove a 1.33.8.. You can even see it in the livestream what my lines were and how i always lost time in sectors 1 and 3 and was quick in the middle sector.

- in the race, well yea, like everyone i went a little sometimes to be safe when passing gt3 or when i made a small mistake but otherwise dont think i abused the limits. Feel free to check my race.

One more thing regarding track limits, if anyone watched the full race or parts of the Blancpain at Paul Ricard, i think we did our best yesterday.
    Although Bojan in quali was funny to see :) no hard feelings though.. I understand what he says but the limits by Raceroom on Portimao are a bit too wide..
    Further more i dont think cut-penalties will improve the overall race. Sometimes you have to avoid something and cut or go wide with losing time and stilL you get a penalty..

I guess we all know that we should be disciplined and stay within the lines as much as we possibly can! Even if the Raceroom limits are wider..

Anyhow, had a fun race. P2 was much closer (in quali) than i thought it would be and doubling the gt3 i didnt have any contacts apart from lap 5 if i recall correctly.. And this was promising for the next race @ Shanghai which i hope to participate but it is the 24h of Spa and dont know if i'll make it back it time!

Thanks for organising!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Was a fun but at the same time frustrating race for me partly my fault. I think i had some contact the first couple laps with you @Jona777 but im not sure but the contact didnt result in a crash. I also followed you the last couple of laps when you lapped me @Jona777, i wanted to pass you (un-lap myself) but didn't wanna cause issue's or potential crashing while overtaking for you in first place.
    I think there needs to be some "rules" for the traffic for the p2's. Some gt3's go out of the way for p2's others stay on their line and let us pass like its a overtake for a place but others dare to just block or defend their position. Defending a position if you're in a slower class seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I think personally that there needs to be a statement from the event admin(s) on what the gtr3's have to do when a p2 comes up behind them like stay on your racing line while the p2 figures out the overtake himself or some other solution. It's super confusing for a p2 what someone is going to do because every gtr3 did it different from the others.

I don't wanna report any of the blocking since this event is new and it was the first round. I simply wanna improve the quality of the race :)

16. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I would like to take the liberty to quote Matt from the One Off Event thread on that:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that was an interesting race last night, From my point of view it was a bit of a disaster. After a great start and being competative with the guys near me my peddals moved forwards on my rig. That led to two laps of spins and not knowning if i could brake properly before i managed to get it sorted enough to continue.

Dumb arse (me) - Apologies for causing one crash when i tried to get in the pits and contacted an LMP2. Rookie error on my part.

Multi-class(y). I think it was erratic last night. I was dive bombed mid-apex a few times near the start of the race by LMP2. I changed from holding my line to moving out of the way more as i didnt feel safe. I think it improved towards the end of the race to be fair. Possible combination of a new event for us a group and a difficult track for this kind of racecraft. In the future I personnally want to try stay on line for corners where possible as i feel that provides an easier understanding for all concerned.

limit(less) - Think the track limits 'discussion' will continue. Let just go with what the moderators say. If the rule is white lines lets all stick to it going forwards. It was the first race so maybe there is room for a little leeway. Going forwards if that is the rule (as stated) then try stick to it - fair play and all that.

The good stuff - i want to say thanks again for the guys for putting this together. Let's not get too hung up on the complaints. We can make this a better experience as we improve. I may even knock 5 seconds off my time by season 6 and get out of last place.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    @Svennixx just watched the first 20min of the livestream and didnt see any contact between us. Must have been with someone else. Towards the end, it think you did well just following. Wasnt anything to gain by passing me.

Nice job by that autoeditor though.. Battle in gt3 seems intense.. Will continue to watch the stream when i have the occasion!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Right, just watched it and indeed wasn't with you at beginning :p

20. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guys for race. I have a two questions. First one when I can expect championship results and second one if it's possible to have some in depth data from race. I am little bit statistics oriented :cool::)