International [CFEG] Raceroom Endurance Series - LMP2 + GT3 - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, May 29, 2017.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    My race in a nutshell, got caught up in a spin, with a smallest of touches but a very odd collision mechanic at the exit of T1 on the opening lap, so, last there, worked my way back up, got caught out with another dodgy contact in what I assume was a blind spot which cost a couple of places and had a spin on my own.
    Not the performance I wanted or expected from myself, will be practising for Shanghai.

Good race overall though, enjoyed trying to fight my way back up the field. :)

2. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I aim to have them up tomorrow evening

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  3. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, that was some race indeed!!..really enjoyable..;) not the best in terms of track limits ore making way when blue flags were shown..but ehmm, About these track limits,..(Track limits are between the white lines. Where there is curbing to the edge of the curb but not beyond)..I have to admit going wide a number of times:(, ..just falling off the edge of the kerb, and sometimes by going wide out of fast corners, ..(The Ford GT is terrible when it comes to fast corners..It just want's to keep pushing the nose outwards while going on throttle, especially at the last corner at Portimao) I always try not to gain a advantage by lifting the gas, or immediately steer back towards the track..so apologies to the drivers who might be offended, I always try hard to stay on track:D..but I think when driving on the edge, it's not always possible to always maintain between the limits(same as real life) or, as real lifeo_O..lol..but if you do so on purpose to gain an advantage, you might be questioning the fair play.. On the other hand it shouldn't be a problem to leave the track to make way for upcoming traffic, or other vehicles to avoid a crash.. :)

I'm very glad and thankful that you guys at Chequered Flag put this much effort in hosting such a great championship:), so don't get me wrong with these next words.. but maybe a good idea to run a practice race? Like a week in front? I also drive with the German SimRacing United Team, and they always run a practice race in front of each "real" race.. Then drivers can rehearse the racing lines, and can be confronted in case of possible cheating on track limits..(including me of course :rolleyes: pffft)

I guess everyone knows where this is all about, and will try to avoid cutting the track or gain an advantage in any unfair way..

Greets! Jer

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Great :)

5. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Race 1 Results: Portimao Grand Prix

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Link to simresults page to view your laptimes etc. Please note the results on simresults don't account for time penalties awarded post race.
    http://simresults.net/170627-w6I

Well done to everyone who finished.
    Staff will review the track limits rule and revise the wording to be more clear as necessary prior to race 2.

I'll see you all @ Shanhai on the 30th July.
    Practice server is live with the password: RESpractice

• Like Like x 5
  6. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Wait, +15s? how? I had like 2 offs that cost me more time than anything i could have gained and any other off tracks i had were due to loosing downforce racing someone. Which i think happened like 3-4 times chasing Arella. I didn't make any moves on him when that happened so how do i get +15? Ill retain my position even with that but that makes no sense to me.

7. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nice work...

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0

Hi @Connor , I reviewed your race.
    You actually exceeded the white lines 38 times in the first 27 laps (I stopped counting after lap 27) and they were only the times I considered avoidable and did not include things like evasive actions, letting LMP2 cars through, hitting the sausage curb on the apex or corrections for snap oversteer etc. However, running wide wasn't the reason for the penalty. Yours was for repeatedly cutting the inside of the final corner.

Gentlemen, there could have been significantly more penalties dished out if someone hadn't pointed out a loop-hole in the way our cut-track rules had been written and how it could be interpreted. Our rules are now being revised and rewritten in order to avoid this in the future.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    @ the staf ;)
    Keep the rules, practice training the rider

10. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My first point! Nice. I would just like to thank all my family, friends and future sponsors for making this moment possible.)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Man i can't wait to get a hold a reply and watch this for myself then! 38 times? Thats laughable... I know for a fact i wan't the only one taking the inside line on the last corner.

12. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Here is the replay file for anyone who's sim crashed while saving.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ecc94vvijdv73dl/2017-06-25_Portimao_Circuit_Grand_Prix_1.zip

@Connor I reviewed the replay myself and the 15s penalty is more than justified
    http://imgur.com/a/6AGvm

As said already the rules will be made more clear prior to the next race at Shanghai, penalties were lenient this time due to the potential misunderstanding of my explanation a few pages back.
    I'm not discussing Portimao track limits any further guys. I've lost 2 evenings to this already this week.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Hello Everyone

I am now back from holiday, i hope you all enjoyed your first race in RES. From reading the above i can clearly see that there are some "issues" regarding track limits...

may i remind everyone of the rules first placed on the rules and regulations from day 1 of sign up, for those who appear to question or not fully understand those i recommend they read them to clarify where they stand along with their fellow competitors.

QOUTE - "Do NOT exceed the track limits or Cut any part of the circuit, with the intention to gain time unfairly against another competitor"

now i appreciate that this does not specify the "limits" exactly which is why i am now making the following amendment to this line to text
    - "(the track limit is defined by the outer white lines of the circuit. Any driver who fails to have at least x2 wheels within the white lines is considered to be outside the track limits, and may find themselves open to review)"

I understand this has already been spoken about, and i will respect what rirdeg and dave have already said above, and thus i do not want to hear anything more on the matter.

We now look forward to shanghai and hope you all now understand the playing field more clearly, and look forward to some good racing.

Now that the rules have been cleatly defined, i personally will not tread lightly on any further infringments on our system, you HAVE been warned

Cheers
    OTL/Matt

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  14. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Everyone of those off tracks behind Arella were due to having no downforce behind him. But i tried to get back on track as quickly as i could and made no attempt to dive him in those instances. I just hope everyone got the same treatment i did. I'm fine with you pointing all this out but i know for a fact there was not 1 person in that race that was clean. Hell according to the stats i was the 2nd most consistent GT3 lol

15. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Consistency only refers to lap time, not track limits :p
    The treatment you received was no worse than that anyone else got, as I previously mentioned, the majority of times you went wide were ignored in the end. It could have been far worse for everyone though.

@Everyone
    If your going off due to lack of downforce, that's still no excuse, you have to account for the reduced downforce and drive accordingly.
    I personally will not use that as excuse for my own standard of driving, which, at Portimao, was well below the standards I expect from myself.
    I strongly suggest from now on, any incidents you want to report or are unhappy about, report them to either @OverTheLine @Rirdeg or myself, unloading your frustrations directly at another driver in an open forum is not the way to do things and does nothing but paint a target on your own back.

Portimao is now behind us, we learn from it and move on to the next round. The rules have been clarified, it should now be clear to all. We understand that no-one is perfect and people will make mistakes and run wide or cut a corner, that's part of racing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    the championship standng table has now been complete and is viewable on the steam forum

The results will be updated as the championship progresses, the table does not show the results of each individual race, but that of all the races combined. Drivers who have "Joker" next to their name, means they have used their Joker card.

Joker - each driver has 1 joker card , this can be used to miss an event without fear of missing out on points, at the end of the season, the average score per race is awarded to that driver. This card can only be Used ONCE throughout the season.

please follow this link for full table -

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chequeredflagendurance/discussions/7/2592234299550934891/

• Like Like x 1
  17. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
  18. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    You have to be logged into steam in your browser and be a member of the CFEG group to see it

19. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    the first race is now viewable in full on our twitch page. also, Look out for a highlight video before shanghai on OverTheLine92's youtube channel

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/155240290

• Like Like x 2
  20. Adrian Holm

Adrian Holm New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It was great fun to get back into simracing and it was also my first race in a simracing cockpit! Didn't really have time to practice that much but I knew the track well and the audi r8 is so easy to drive so I felt pretty comfortable. Got pole position in GT3 but got involved in an accident on lap 2 and dropped to second in class. Was stuck behind a Ford GT for about 15 laps before he made a slight mistake and I could pass him, he immediately pitted. Tyres were in pretty good condition so I pushed on for a few laps to try and keep him behind and it worked out. But then another Ford GT emerged infront of me and I was stuck behind for the entire second stint. Realized I was about 30L overfueled so my pitstop was shorter and came out about 10 seconds infront. From there on I could really get into the zone and push on.
    Looking forward to the next round already!

• Like Like x 3