The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    In the actual state i would call another sim as dead.

Thats why i switched to R3E.
    I was sick of searching for new mods, tested them - more than 50 % where crap. I reached a point where i spent more time in modsearching/installing/testing than in driving the sim.

So i switched to the non modable R3E. And yes, its great. Mut stagnation is a step backwards. And as i am not interesstet in such open wheeler fantasy cars, i am getting a little tired of racing always the same old cars. Rename it to GT3 legends. This name fits more and more.

2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Agree to that. Most of my time in AC is about all that...

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    phew.. today I played some R3E again after some weeks of intense Pcars2 testing. R3E still doesn't have to hide from any other sim. I still love it :D FFB unmatched :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I tossed Pcars 1 out late 2016 when Pcars 2 start to shape up to be a much better game than Pcars 1. I guess you'll probably be the same once Pcars 2 is out if you enjoyed pcars.

That is the exact reason I stopped playing AC, I spend more time downloading,fixing and updating mods than playing the game because how barebones and unpolished the game feel out of the box. Most liveries are god awful which I need to replace them and there is not enough tracks to race on. Then, most mods are garbage, especially the physics side of many mod cars but there are a lot of really good mod tracks. The part that annoys me the most is I have to deal with some modder's behaviour where they might pack up and delete everything because someone pisses them off. Not to mention, the amoun of paid mods in AC.

I switched to R3E over AC and I never look back, considering how slow is AC's development in 2017 with only one DLC pack in 2017 so far. And looks like there only will be one new licensed track in 2017 which I'll take those obsure Swedish tracks over Laguna Seca in another game.

EDIT: How sour and childish are you, nate? Disliking every post I made here whenever I dislike your favorite game.

I expected more from a R3E official beta tester, not another man child from some corners of the internet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  5. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Because i want to race and not to search. BUT:
    In the state of now, we race a complete out of date grid and mostly fantasy cars (Foormulas).

Thats sick. Hoping for PCars 2.

6. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Did you check your conversations ?

7. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I rather have a game that is properly designed with a decent roster of cars, even though they are old than a game with newer cars but they forgot to design the game properly. AC's car classes are still a mess these days where the only way to have fun for most classes are playing them as single makes. Meanwhile, it looked like Kunos can barely produce tracks these days where they took a year just to make Laguna Seca.

R3E only feature some open wheels, LMP and silhoulettes are fantasy cars. You are making it as if R3E car list consists of fantasy cars which is not true. M6 GT3 is definitely not out dated, nor cars like Citreon WTCC, KTM Cup, TT Cup, or Mercedes AMG DTM are. Some of the old cars, such as the GTOs and Group 5 are insanely fun to drive.

At least I get well balanced classes, car selections that make sense, good amount of tracks and I don't need to scour the internet for more content with R3E. I want to play a game, not constantly trying to fix the game to an acceptable level of polish.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  8. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Testet just two of them and found one really, really good.

Took a ride with the Porsche GT3 (the real one) and the Hurracan a few minutes ago. Was really much fun.

9. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Was it the one I linked you in PM ?

10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Standard Edition is 60€ and for that you get (I'm just quoting one of the WMD members):
    Over 180 cars with several liveries at launch.
    Over 50 circuits, most with multiple layouts, at launch.
    Every track can be driven in the dry, rain, fog or snow, or some combinations thereof.
    Every track can be driven at any hour, of any day of the year.
    Every race can be run with as few, or as many (as far as the track and game will allow), opponents as you like, from whatever class you like in the game, multi class included.

Then there's the career mode, multiplayer, possibility to play off line and so on and so forth.

I think there is not much availbale out there that can beat that... :)

11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    there are 17 types of weather + a random slot. In winter you can either drive on a snowy track (with ice tires if you're a pussy) or on just cold tarmac without snow.

Multiclass racing is limited to 4 different classes of your choice.

Time and weather acceleration is on board again. So maximum is having a full 24h cycle in 24 minutes (60x acceleration). You can also stop time progression.

I don't know if anything of that will change in the last few months of development.. so everything WIP and no guarantee that it's included or changed.

And you forgot the best feature. Simulation of the environment (ok you said weather) like yeah.. weather, air (humidity, pressure (higher altitude of location = lower power output of engine because of lower oxygen saturation in the air but that was already in pcars1, temperature), track (temperature, dirt, rubber, water, mud (gravel and sand turns into mud when it's raining, snow...), seasons (and the resulting path of the sun, so lower/higher angles, shorter/longer days...), wind direction and strength

Oh btw I just drove the Cayman GT4 on a snowy track... with ice tires... it was very much fun. You could control it very good thanks to the spikes (but full throttle = death), drifting and power sliding was no big problem. But I spun out on a regular basis because I always overdo it and had TC completely off... braking into corners had much understeer and locking up tires as expected so you had to brake fairly sooner and more cautios. Didn't try other tires yet on snow. But I can imagine it doesn't work well.

With normal slicks you can drive on very light rain but as soon as there is some more water on the track you instantly regret it.
    jesus christ, had it raining from mulsanne to indianapolis in lemans while the rest of the track was dry. raced with a GT1 bullet on slicks, entering mulsanne and with every little puddle i got more panic and began to lose control until i had to drastically reduce my speed and tried to avoid the puddles. The good thing is that they get smaller lap by lap as they drain. But the interesting thing is that they don't always form at the exact same spot.. yeah it's more or less the same area but you can always expect it not to be the same puddle in different races, that's because the amount of rain is different and in summer and certain times of day the puddle vaporizes faster etc.

Changing to rain tires (intermediates) and you're ok with a more wet track. cornering is possible without fear and no aquaplaning on small puddles (like on slicks). But when it's heavy raining you have to go to full wet tires because intermediates stand no chance in this conditions.

In the dry the intermediates are a bit sliding and it's harder to corner with them in the dry than on a wet surface (like in reality) and they heat up very fast. Full wets are even worse. I think they pretty much nailed the tire compound behaviours although they are still fine tuning it.

12. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Can you do custom seasons?

13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ??? Custom seasons?? There are only 4 in reality.. how could you do a custom one? Don't know what you mean.

14. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Ho probably means setting up a custom career season.

15. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Sounds more like custom championship to me which is no for offline.

16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Karneval...^^

17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    :-D lol... Ok got it now. :tearsofjoy:

18. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0

Yes sorry that's what I meant and darn. I hope that makes it in eventually. Thanks for the answers!!

19. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
  20. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Wow.

Formula US with differend engines.