Problem Poor Optimisation

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by leon_90, May 2, 2015.

1. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Optimizations is always an ongoing thing. Last patch we fixed some shadow related issue which fixed the problem but made things run not so smooth on certain hardware. So that is something we need to optimize. The fact that the game is struggling on mid-high end machines is of course not ideal.
    While waiting for these optimizations, I would suggest turning down some of the more demanding options such as car reflection quality.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Hi, one thing in this discussion I can't understand.
    R3E runs well on my PC. On mostly all tracks.

but when I start Nürburgring or Laguna Seca, the frames drops like hell.

When I'm away on A1 Ring, I've more than 100 FPS. Starting there with Full Grid DTM goes down to 70 FPs, what is okay for me. With the same settings starting a DTM Race on Nürburgring goes down to 45 Frames.
    Is this something you have to fix?

3. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I have fps issues with Nurburgring as well, during a race it drops on the front straight, then on the back side of the track around the Schumacher S, this is when the cars are spread out. Maybe not as well optimized as the other tracks, shame because I really love racing there.

4. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, love the ring. Front straight is an FPS Killer. I think, this is a bug?

5. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Not exactly a bug. Ive tested new tracks and have had the same issue when there is a large structure or detail in view, but once they see what we report, they optimize it and runs smooth. Just maybe needs another look for optimization, because from what ive seen they have gotten pretty good at packing in detail in a track and at the same time performing very well.

6. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think, R3E is quite good in optimization.

" but once they see what we report, they optimize it and runs smooth"

But where can we report the N`ring straight and the Laguna Seca first corners, that "they" see it?

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I wonder, as it's usually with large structures or shadows being involved, could the problems be as simple as DirectX 9 being pushed too far?

8. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Im not sure, that goes beyond me. My thoughts are that most times they have set goals for how many polygons they wanna use but sometimes they exceed that and sure there are limitations to what the engine will do. Still they push to get the best out of it while having good compromises.

9. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I would say it's a combination of both. But, as weeks go by they are optimizing structure-heavy tracks :)

10. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    The thing is with shadows split is that if I turn it OFF I have shadows floating on the track.
    Yes, lowering the shadows and LOD among with track details and reflection can increase the FPS quite a lot and shadows are a killer for loading times.