Question On the flag of my country

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gjika, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Gjika

Gjika Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I have a question regarding the flag of my country?

The question is for KOSOVO flag, an independent country since 2008 recognized by more then 150 countries including main European states.
    Currently I'm playing under the flag of Albania, therefore I would like to kindly ask the developer or Administrator to also introduce Kosovo Flag in the list among other countries as well.

Hopping that this will be considered and resolved, I wish you all the best.

Visar

Attached Files:

• ks.png
      ks.png
      File size:
      9.7 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Question is, does @J-F Chardon recognize Kosovo as independent country

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Let's see what Scotland votes and then we add several flags in one patch ;-)

Seriously though, let's look into this.

4. baronkg

baronkg Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    If you look into this be careful that you have countries recognized by United Nations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Kevin Baird

Kevin Baird Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    +1 for Scotland

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Gjika

Gjika Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Concerning the Independence of Kosovo, it is legal and that is confirmed by the UN Court:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jul/22/kosovo-independence-un-ruling

and concerning the number of states that recognized the Kosovo independence, see the link below (although I'm certain that the number is higher and I'm not sure how updated is this link)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_recognition_of_Kosovo

And, for the end allow me to give my personal and general opinion, THE SPORTS EVENTS should not be mixed with Politics. All I'm asking is to represent my country and my flag (and not only me but many of my friends as well). Someone, may not like this but It is a fundamental right to be granted to each of us here.

All the best
    Visar

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  7. Gjika

Gjika Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    You should be sorry brother, of course it makes sense, cause it's an independent country widely know since 2008. Again, I kindly ask you don't mix up Sports with Politics, we should be treated equally.

However, all I'm asking is very fundamental right and I hope to be understood right by the Admins and Developer of the game.
    And when talking about Auto Sports, I'm also a former racing driver since 2002 -2013 and our National Auto Sport Federation is also accepted in FIA federation (and we have from this year an Hill climb race-stage in FIA-CEZ Calendar organized in Kosovo) if we are talking about Auto-Sports based on which (FIA) regulations are also established the rules of this game/races.

You can verify the Kosovo membership in the FIA at the link below:

http://www.fia.com/members/region/europe-7/country

Please consider seriously the aforementioned request

Best regards

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  8. Visar Gjikolli

Visar Gjikolli New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just didn't want to open a political debate this is not the place and forum for that and I still don't want to go into that.
    It is very well known for the relations between the Russia and Serbia, and you as a Russian you have no clue and no idea at all about our history ( posting links of unreliable sources) and once again please don't mix sports with politics.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i think we are using the FIA flags for nationality , and im not sure they are all there

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Gjika

Gjika Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    And one of the missing FIA member's flags, is Kosovo flag. I have also posted above the link of FIA member countries...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gjika

Gjika Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Dear Chardon,

I'm writing you once again as a reminder, whether you have considered adding several missing flags among them Kosovo flag? Our federation has ordered 25 Play seats in Geneva (see the attachments below) and we plan to play online and also create servers. As I have mentioned before we are part of FIA (refer to attached the FIA link), thus we are requiring to incorporate under out Kosovo flag.
    I'm confident and really hope you finally incorporate this in the next update...

all the best

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  12. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello @Gjika

I haven't given up on this, but it appears Kosovo hasn't got an ISO code, which is the database used to list countries in the game and website. I looked and we currently cannot add custom countries, it will show up once an ISO code is agreed upon.

13. Gjika

Gjika Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Ok @J-F Chardon, thanks mate...

Is this a country code or what and if not can you please inform me more on what procedures can be initiated and to whom, in order for us to be obtained with the required ISO code, since this seemed to be the only obstacle..

Cheers mate

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  14. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i believe only the United Nations can do this once a country is a member

Andi

15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The ISO 3166 maintenance agency assigns a country code to an independent country, defined as a member state of the UN. So as long as Kosovo hasn't been introduced as a full UN member the ISO agency cannot assign a code by standard procedure.

For geopolitical areas that are part of a sovereign country that is a member state of the UN, a special request may be made under certain circumstances. (Like for example for the Isle of Man, which does have an official ISO code.) But I don't think the conditions for a special request apply to the case of the Kosovo, because the country currently holding sovereignty has to make the request. So as long as the sovereignty over a region hasn't been agreed upon finally it is unlikely to happen.

Best regards.