International [CFEG] Raceroom Endurance Series - LMP2 + GT3 - COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, May 29, 2017.

1. turbosprezarka

turbosprezarka New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    First of all huge congrats to @rad on that qualifying lap. That was pure fire mate!

@Rella Fantastic battle for whole first stint. Very consistant driving.

@OverTheLine Your earlier pit was a very good call indeed. When I saw on timing that you were in front of Ralf after pit, I decided to pit much earlier than I planed. If I'd pit lap later I would definitely came out after you.

I don't know if It was a case of less cars or longer track, but I have to say that behaviour on track today was much better than last time, so good job guys. Keep it up!

For me personaly that was a very good race. Decent, consistant pace, good strategy and staying out of trouble resulted in 1st place in class. So, yeah, I'm happy with todays result :)

Congratulations to all winners! Already looking forward to Silverstone in august.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Was a great race and never boring with these close gaps throughout the whole race. When joining the session I was shocked about the fast laptimes but somehow I could finish the qualification with the 2nd fastest lap in GT3.
    After a good start I had a very close fight with Radoslaw the whole first stint. I decided to come in after around 30 mins for the first stop and accidentally cancelled my pitstop in the pitlane. There is no way to cancel the cancellation and so I had an extra drive through and thought this was it. My wheel broke 2 weeks ago and the joystick button of the new wheel is not the best choice as it easily moves down when pushing it. The first thing after the race was to reassign the buttons. The good side of this issue was the great fight with Matt after the 2nd stop until the finish line. Awesome racing and I would dare to say the McLaren is not too slow on the straight ;) Thanks for the nice race and grats to the winners.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    FUTURE -
    While i have you all buzzing from the race, i thought id take this opportunity to explain where CFEG is heading in 2017 and what you can expect. (Cut out the confusion as it were)

Website - CFEG now has its own Website, where all new series, events and posts can be found. you can also sign up and be kept up to date by click on the "FORUM" button on the menu Bar. and then click "sign up" (you can use your exisiting google/facebook account if you like to make it easy)

Link to Website - https://www.chequeredflagendurance.com/

Discord - We also have our own Discord now set up, we want to bring that feeling of community to the group (along with posting topics on the website of course). If we can ask you to join the discord, it would mean you can ask questions...organise practice with team-mates, and be given the password for events in a secure manner.

Link to Discord - https://discordapp.com/channels/189098552935317504/189098552935317504

Official Practice sessions - We noticed that people are struggling to find the right time to practice for our events and we recognise that practicing on your own is a pain in the ass and boring as hell. with this in mind, we will be posting OFFICIAL practice time slots, so that its easier for you all to know when to practice. (the server will still be live 24/7, but this is simply to encourage you all to practice together, making it more enjoyable experience)

Times will be confirmed over the next week or so :)

Grid numbers - Though the racing was intense as hell this evening, the low number tonight were due to the time of year, along with a variety of real life rubbish happening (i personally had around 10 people message me saying they cant make it, so dont worry the numbers are there, just not this time sadly). Hopefully the numbers will rise as we head into the winter months and peoples schedules become less filled with holidays etc etc.

ATTENDANCE - If you havent attended any of our events yet, this means you have already used your joker card and missed a round of the champ resulting in a default DNF. WARNING, if you do not attend silverstone, your slot will be made available to the rest of the Raceroom Community and you will find yourself removed from the grid (its nothing personal, but not attending 3/6 races is taking the mik a bit dont you?)

And lastly, for those of you waiting for the free slot in RES (of which i know there are many), watch this spot :) as after round 3, you may find a few slots opening

If you have any questions then feel free to message me.

Thanks
    Matt :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joseph Mitchell

Joseph Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    so if i have another problem at the next race and it goes down as a DNF does my slot become available?

5. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Joseph no sorry, let me clarify, - if you turn up to our event, but have issues resulting in a DNF, then you will NOT be removed from the championship at all.

What we are trying to say is "don't sign up to our championship, and then not show up to our events"...thats all :)

6. Joseph Mitchell

Joseph Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  7. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Nice and fun race for round 2 on Shanghai.. Beautiful track imo..
    I had spent the past days at the Spa 24h so my legs were a bit tired and wasnt as well prepared as normal but still the practice i did past week was sufficiƫnt.

In quali i was a bit too slow to my liking but starting from p2 is great for a long race.
    After quali i switched controller profile and unlucky me, it was the one with my sequential stick shifting instead of my paddle-shifting i loaded and this made things a bit more complicated o_O
    Had a bad start and lost 2 positions to Sven and Vedic. Managed to pass Sven but a small mistake made me lose the position again. Some nice battling was going on, bit rough at times but within margin of acceptable.. The 3 wide into the hairpin was great :D

Sadly i then had to avoid a gt3 which made me lose bout 15seconds. All in all podium was still possible as it was still more than an hour to go.. But then i had the moment with Krystian shortly after my first stop if i recall correct , really sorry for that once again as this cost us both around 20seconds.
    Didnt think a podium was still possible at that time but in the last lap i was on the tail of p3, and opportunities were lurking with still some gt3 to overtake.. But sadly it went wrong, still have to watch what exactly happened but i think it was with me Matt you had contact.

Fun race, bad result.. Next up Silverstone.
    Should be a great race once again!
    Thanks for racing and congrats John with the overal win!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Without any chance to practice i was always going to be wayyyy at the back fro this one. And so it panned out. All learning for me none the less.

Just wanted to say i thought the multi-class was much improved this time around.

I also discovered that track has my absolute favorite braking zone - end of sriaght down into hairpin is just great.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Was a bit rough indeed but no real damage were given (to me at least). The 3 wide into the hair pin was a bit of a who has the biggest b*lls moment and i guess all 3 of us have them haha :p Battle even continued trough the last corner and the 1st corner of the next lap. Was fun!

Scratched my head a couple of times when someone (forgot who) tried to overtake/out-brake me in the first corner and taking the outside line. :rolleyes:

10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Shame, I couldn't translate it to a race pace. I mean, it was good on a fresh tires, but i struggled a lot when they hit around 50%.

Generally speaking, race was pretty disappointing. Start was alright, lost only one place, then made a mistake in T3 and lost 2 more and got stuck behind lagging @Joseph Mitchell - sorry if i was a bit too aggressive, but it was hard to make a clean pass when you were disappearing every now and then. With a clear track ahead i started to catch up to leaders, but after round of pitstops i got stuck behind @Bitala. When i managed to get through, I made a mistake and got stuck again.

To complete my misery, I got Drive-Through for speeding in pitlane. After serving penalty, I ended up right behind Marc Martens and... got stuck again. In the end i decided to back off, before I would do something stupid and maybe hunt for Fastest Lap, but traffic made it impossible.

So yeah, pretty frustrating race. Not sure if this is a setup, car, RaceRoom or I just rusted after not racing that much for over 2 years, but I don't feel any confidence with making passes. I will probably start from scratch with my setup and see how it goes. Otherwise I consider switching McLaren for something else for a next season.

11. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    not much wing, eh? ;)
    At the home of british motorsports it will look totally different. From my perspective Shanghai was a track where overtaking was very hard. Ok Matt is hard to overtake on any track but ask @turbosprezarka about the first stint.
    I can understand the frustration about the drive through as I did a voluntary one. Thumbs up that you didn't leave the race after all these issues. And I seem to recall that you overtook me at Paul Ricard quite confident :p. Cu at Silverstone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I agree with that. Even for lmp2's it was hard to overtake. I had a couple of times where people tried to out brake me in the first corner which resulted them having the wider line and be really slow trough the corner they ended up losing the place they just took from me.
    You have to capitalize on other people's mistakes and have a good pitstop strategy on Shanghai imo.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys - here is a full race de-brief for you :) i hope i included most of the good bits, ill start work on the highlight video within the next week or so, however dont expect it to be released until silverstone (just prior). Dont forget to subscribe to our website. .. see you all in silverstone :D

P.s - have mercy if you see any spelling mistakes, am rushing this as im due to work soon :O

https://www.chequeredflagendurance....res-round-2-shanghai-race-de-brief-highlights

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  14. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Love the race de-brief! Was a pleasure to read it!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Race results confirmed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    @Rirdeg is there going to be a chart with consistency percentages etc like last time?

17. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  19. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I noticed a few people said it was hard to overtake. I have to disagree, everybody overtook me.....

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, there will be a practice race next sunday (20.08.17) at around 08:10 pm BST (20:10 BST). for a 25 minute race, good chance to get some practice in .

any questions let me know

see you all at Silverstone :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017