eSports WTCC - Round 6: Slovakiaring - Preview

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Aug 1, 2017.

?

Who will win the first race at the Slovakiaring?

1. Kévin Leaune

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Gergo Baldi

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Gaetan Goarant

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Bence Bánki

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Alexander Dornieden.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The second half of the eSports WTCC season has begun, and the fight for the online championship amongst the fastest drivers on RaceRoom is getting serious. Whilst it may not be the most famous circuit in the world, the Slovakiaring provides an exciting, technical layout including several small crests, right before the braking zones. The WTCC was present for five years, with Gabriele Tarquini and Sebastién Loeb the only two drivers to win more than once.

[​IMG]

The leaderboard session was almost as exciting as a race. Kévin Leaune from SDL eSports and Gergo Baldi from Wauters Automotive traded the lead in their Volvo S60 Polestar TC1 several times, with the better end for the Frenchman, whose team has expanded massively and will field no less than seven cars in the Division 1 field, including fastest rookie Gaetan Goarant, who was an impressive fourth. Can they stop Impact Racing?

[​IMG]

Tim Heinemann was the fastest Honda in third place, but the German has collected too many penalty points this season and has to sit out the race. The Honda honours are being defended once again by championship leader Alexander Dornieden, who finished 6th on the leaderboard, behind the fastest Citroen of Bence Bánki, who has his home race. Jan Stange, 2nd in the championship, completed the qualifier in 13th position. WTCC race-winner Yann Ehrlacher tried the virtual cars as well and scored 68th position, just like his racing number, while Division 2 was topped by the Finn Timo Klinga.

[​IMG]

Once again, the race will be streamed live on the WTCC Facebook page and the WTCC YouTube Channel. James Kirk and Robert Wiesenmüller will lead you through the action on Sunday, August 6th, at 17:00 GMT (18:00 UK / 19:00 EU) for three exciting races.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Philippe Leaune

Philippe Leaune New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    C'était une qualification excitante, félicitations à SDL Esport et à tous les participants et merci pour ce superbe championnat

3. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  4. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    how can I found the server for division 2
    ok now it is clear :) ... sorry

5. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No more spotter guides ?

6. Kevin Siggy

Kevin Siggy New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The most respect I've ever gotten on track in my entire career... really, this league has the best drivers in the world. Divebombs, turning into a guy, pushing you off the track like u don't exist, doesn't get more perfect than that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. STI_FTW

STI_FTW New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    yeah it's a sad joke

• Like Like x 1
  8. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Don't hesitate to do reports if you saw dangerous behaviour in the races. That will make next races better ;)

9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I forgot to post the links here. They were shown on the stream though.

10. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    That was nice races in D1, especially the end of second race, incredible battles, nice guys! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No problem :)
    I like to have a look at them before the stream begins, just to see how many french drivers there are ;)
    By the way, the french stream (Maxou le pilote) is really cool. I really enjoy living the races on sundays night !

• Agree Agree x 1