Ideas for the Race Room?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Makemmauer, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Makemmauer

Makemmauer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Leave a post where you can give ideas for the game Race Room. I already gave the idea in the forum of Steam about to bring circuits like Interlagos, Jacarepagua, São Paulo Indy300, Buenos Aires, Mexico (Hermanos Rodrigues), Austin among others. Another idea I mentioned was the possibility of creating Indy car models in the CART version of the year 200o and 2001 where I see that the level of competitiveness were very high and balanced. Not to mention that the category fought with the F-1 in question of hearing by the whole world. I find these ideas interesting.

2. Makemmauer

Makemmauer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    CART 2000 and/or 2001

3. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Love to see super trucks and rally x make it in.....maybe when the switch to unreal engine?

4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    What raceroom needs is the complete GT4 series. We already know the KTM and maybe the Porsche are coming.
    I really hope we also get the McLaren 570s, BMW M4, Audi R8, Mercedes AMG GT, Nissan 370z, Chevy Camaro and Ford Mustang.
    I think a lot of people (me included) are looking for 'medium fast' race cars like the GT4 series. I think the new BMW M235i racing was already a good example of those 'medium fast' race cars.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mike R

Mike R Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    For me this is what Raceroom needs so that I do not have to use another simulator:
    • Online rating system or some other solution
    • Include Ferrari, Lamborghini (Porsche is already on its way)
    • Show better information of cars, circuits, lap times, etc.
    • Be able to play offline with purchased content
    • Improve color in general, for me it is too blue and it seems that the sun never shines
    • Improve the collision system, right now if you hit a car you get fired from the track
    • Add the option to run with the sky completely cloudy, later when they carry it to Unreal add climate changes and cycle day / night.
    • Include circuits like La Sarthe, Imola, Mugello, Watkins Glen, VIR, Monaco, Canadian Tire, Road America, etc (I prefer more circuits over cars)
    • Take out the GT3 announced a long time ago
    I know it's complicated, but I think they should study how to introduce some dynamic advertising system such as AdsWords or similar, in which any brand or company that want can advertise by paying for printing on the billboards of the circuits. This way Sector3 could make more money to improve the simulator or make a serious prize system for users. And because of the style of game, I think it would be nothing intrusive for the players, there would be more variety than the typical ads of ST suspensions and KW, which by the way look horrible to my eyes!!

And lastly, Raceroom needs a better marketing system, they can not be limited to publishing in social networks and in this forum, many people do not know English and do not enter here either. Most people I know have not even heard of Raceroom. I think they should strive to make the product known with some hype while remaining faithful to the simulation.

If they do that, I think it will take me a long time to play another simulator ...

Sorry for english, Google!

Regards

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  6. Stefan Wegman

Stefan Wegman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You can already play offline

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Ability to restart session after race finish instead of getting thrown back to main menu.

Ability to watch replay after race finish.

Chat lobby both in server list and in-game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    New content is nice but expected, so I would be way more excited if we got stuff like, for example:

- All cars updated to the latest physics
    - Tire compounds, pressures and flatspots
    - Improved mechanical damage model
    - Dynamic track (I guess we'll have to wait for UE4?)
    - Full manual formation laps

I think that updates to sim-related features like this is what's needed to take Raceroom to the next level and they can do more to help convert those sim racers on the fence about spending money on it more than any new car/series or track can (I believe Raceroom is already one of the best sims regarding content anyway... it just needs Group C, please :D).

Me, I love Raceroom and lately I've been driving it more than any of my other sims because I love it's FBB, and yet I can't help but wish it was more feature complete and well-rounded (like Automobilista, for example) and this makes me think twice (and thrice) before spending money on the store no matter how appealing the content might be.

• Like Like x 6
  9. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Old school Indycar/CART would be cool, but I really just want Road America and a few more North America circuits :)

10. Maddog

Maddog Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Good AI, watkins glen, rank multiplayer and fix the gt2 collision because now it's ridiculous.
    I uninstalled the game after last patch, Sector3 broke my prefer combo: gt2 and spa with ridiculous AI.
    Bye bye Raceroom, see you next year...maybe

11. Otolikos

Otolikos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    This is the first feature needed for online racing. More important than more content.

+ official ranked servers offcourse. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    That's new to me :rolleyes:

13. Staanis

Staanis New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Mike R say it all

• Like Like x 1
  14. narmeth

narmeth New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    multiclass racing in offline, can be choosable cars (like i dont want to race against that old and ugly mustang gt3), new and better collision physics and better AI, also more tracks (not all only swedes pls!)...

15. Mike R

Mike R Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I did not know it!! Thank you very much

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK you can not...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Karist

Karist Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Just to clear thing up, playing offline does not mean using the Single Player option.
    You're only able to start the game while connected to steam via the internet, which means offline racing is not possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  18. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    How about adding a virtual radar? It can be made relatively simple with a PIP of a different camera (far away and high chase camera) and simple semitransparent shaders (ex: gray for the road, pink for the player and green turning to red based on proximity for opponents). It would be useful in MP races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Of course, every rider is different than otherwise. Some like to ride WTCC, DTM, Open race cars, etc.
    My preference still goes to the GT3 cars. This because the most complete racing cars are at the moment. See the Blancpain GT & Endurance Series, WEC, etc ...

What matters to me right now is that they have to change the gears again in the GT 3 cars. That you can set your car back in an optimal way. Now that everything is fixed on gear, I do not think so.

Also in racing games I miss in online racing that there is no "rolling start".
    Or you can use a "Safety car".

And in terms of tracks, it's high time to release something new, such as Magny-Cours, Mugello, Imola, Misano, Estoril, Catalunya, Brno, Brand-Hatch (full), Road Atlanta, Road America, Sebring, Watkins Glen .

It might take some time to spend it, I think so.

Of course, other drivers who like to drive their disciples also want to see something change.

Regards, Nick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Money...
    Let me explain.
    When/if we get a structured multiplayer system, perhaps there maybe a league system.
    International league could be one, also country by country could have their own league.
    Which in turn could lead to a 'race-off' to see who is the fastest country, if you like.
    So, top 3 places in each league win a small cash prize.
    Could be an option there for RaceRoom to sell sponsorship of the leagues, prizes from the car makers is always good..
    RaceRoom has done some great stuff, like with Mercedes for example.
    To help new racers, perhaps a prize in each league for most improved player.
    Promote it.
    Lady drivers; not many is there?
    Maybe a league for the ladies..
    You may of noticed, ladies drive cars too.
    And they are very good at it too..
    Jackie is a better driver than me.
    Huge untapped market.
    Again, prizes for the racers, and us geeky guys encourage our lady friends to have a go.
    My wife loves cars, however she would never race; or as she has stated, 'not against men..'
    Could be something in that statement, perhaps it needs exploring..
    Money and prizes.
    It is a way of getting people to commit to a season of racing.
    People like money..
    People like prizes..
    Could be a good way to attract new players, and get people to move over from say, iracing.
    Iracing loves to push and promote the £10,000 winners check for a season of F1 racing.
    Great, no issues with that.
    The bit they don't tell you, is that you need a pro licence to enter...
    You cannot get one, unless they give you one; they pick...
    RaceRoom could do the same, except make it open to everyone based on race results, thus good drivers get into the top league via skill, not just by arse kissing...
    Promote it well, and I think it could be a winner for RaceRoom.
    What do you think?