New FanaLEDs 2.4m with support for Fanatec CSL Elite PS4/PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Skybird, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    One of the best tools I have installed

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    In Raceroom you do not nbeed it anyway, but in AC things are as broken as before. The new version does nothing. :( The sioftware is installed, new version gets shown on the screen, but the wheel still does not get recognised, only the CSPv3 pedals. No rev-lights.

4. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Best to use sli-max ,it’s updated all the time and works flawlessly on assetto and all the other sims too.

It also has other features fanaleds doesn’t... pit lane flash and pedal rumble on rpm and traction loss

It’s also free for Fanatec owners.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Fanaleds has Freezing Bugs at the moment.

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Fanaleds does have pitlane flash..also I don't have this freezing bug.

7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Fanaleds has rumble motor support in AC for CSPv3. I use it. Its reliable.

sli-max has erratic rev light support in AC for csl elite ps4, the display is completely off the range and is of no usable value therefore. Both default AC profile and manual profile have been tried.

For people just wanting to get the revlights working and not more, sli-max is anoverkill interface, and even a bit confusing.

Both tools do nothing to cure the Raceroom bug with the max rev light freezing if not reving up to the very max indeed.

8. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    To be honest the rumble support seems to be very weak lately, don't know if that is the sims fault or Fanatec's latest software, it's ok in test but in game it's hard to notice if it's actually working.

9. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I got my CSL base today and I noticed the rev light freezing bug. Is there in the meantime a solution to fix that or at least to turn the lights off? Is this a fanatec or raceroom bug?

Edit: After today's patch all works fine!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  10. Zappadoc

Zappadoc New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

:)

just read carefully the Getting Started With Fanatec page and everything will running smoothly. Our shiftlights settings are more accurate then any other tools out there but okay I'm not going to convince you today.. ;)

http://www.eksimracing.com/f-a-q/getting-started-with-fanatec-and-slimax-manager/

• Like Like x 1
  11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Mental note made, thanks for caring!

Its just that I am on completely new PC hardware since then, and also on VR now, so not caring for wheel's flashing lights and gimmicks anymore anyway - I cannot see them. :)

12. Zappadoc

Zappadoc New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    :)

ok so you have this solution to put our VDASH-EMU (virtual racing dash emulator) in overlay:

http://www.zappadoc.com/slimax-manager-pro-vdash-emu-windows-on-your-htc-vive-and-oculus-rift/

ah! sorry it still needs SLIMax Mgr Pro in background... ;)

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Hm, I can see the benefit of the above VDASH-EMU for people using multiple montors or devices (tablets), and having these panels then set up on one of these displays - but in VR ? AC and RR both have panels in their cars with all info like speed, times, gears, rev indiactors and so forth, and thes epanels are naturally integrated in the car cockpits. Whats in VDASH-EMU that would make me wanting to add that software - in VR?

14. Zappadoc

Zappadoc New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    well the question is more why would we use additional screens in VR. f
    hum...for example, virtual dash can display more telemetry data which can be useful, VDASH-EMU have a virtual button-box integrated so you potentially have 32 additional buttons to your virtual rig, replacing the car dash and certainly many other reasons...

• Like Like x 1
  15. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    For VdashEmu to be interesting at its true value, it is necessary to invest and create templates (page) it's a bit of work we have nothing without anything .... other...Yes you can buy a thing quite done

to be satisfied with little is much easier !!

There are some who are not very ambitious

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  16. Yoann.bill

Yoann.bill Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello

I'm happy with SLIMax Manager Pro since years now and I will never change it for any other Tools

Regards

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Do we know what has changed after the latest update? ie, telemetry, the new 64bit.exe and so on, as the guys over at Fanaleds are struggling to get their software working again, any clues to point them in the right direction?

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Dont get me wrong, I do not want to talk your tool down, and I am aware of the usefulness in 2D screen setups and multiple screens, but how to use a virtual button box on tablet when you have your eyes fully covered with a VR mask and your fingers do not get any tactile feedback from the tablet's screen? :) Sounds like hit-'n-miss to me. :D 'Exclusive-VR and mutliple screens - that does not sound well together. Maybe somehow in Microsoft's idea of augmented or mixed reality. But full VR masks need all info and tools inside the masky, not externally placed, and functionality should be possible blindly. HOTAS comes handy for pushing buttons blindly while finding them in their right place just by hand grab and tactile feedback. But thats it then.

19. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017