App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    well, not exactly. You don't need the personalisations if know your name isn't in the set. "Reinhard" isn't in the set, but it's going to be in the next batch that I add (I'll give you a shout when it's available).

You don't need to install any of the Microsoft Speech Recognition stuff if you're not planning to make voice commands.

It's actually very simple - download and run the installer, press the green buttons (skip the Personalisations one if you want), wait a couple of minutes for the downloads to complete and press OK to restart the app, select Raceroom from the game list, press Start Application and that's it

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    thanks jim,

crew chief work already, and thans for doing my name in next batch? (update?).
    most important for me is the....clear left/right....car still there things, as i do reduce the FOV and so to know when a oppenent is next to me is important as not always it is possibel to see this.
    i did already any laps against AI cars for testing and it are any interesting message, need time to get used to this.
    tonight race in bathurst i use it already.

very easy to install it was, only the many things more down in crew chief side looks complicated and i did not touched this (enable, disable many things)

servus

• Like Like x 1
  3. Colin Herkes

Colin Herkes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, great app, any chance adding my name "Colin" thanks in advance.:)

4. TheGiantsHeart

TheGiantsHeart New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dear mr_belowski,
    your application crew chief is just awesome. My friends and I really enjoy using it every time we race together.
    At the moment we stream every saturday on twitch.
    Could you add my nick sa well to the mix ;)
    I race with the name Dave Giants Heart". Crew shief calls me Dave which is pretty awesome.
    But for my friends Im always the guy ahead or the guy behind.
    So could you add Giants Heart please.
    Thanks in advance and have a good one.
    ~ Giants Heart

5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I tried it again with the same result. Either everything is ok and is was always like this or something is wrong. This time I uninstalled crew chief and installed it again. I delete the whole folder after I unstalled it. I used the file integrity check via steam to make sure everything is fine with Raceroom. I lowered the video settings to "mid" to make sure everything runs fine without stuttering. For the test I have chosen a small track with 10 AI opponents.

When the car is next to me it makes scene: car on your right, still there. But when the car is 10m in front of me? is that behavior normal? thx

I have also checked CPU and GPU load while driving, looks all good.

Capture.PNG

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    That's really odd

It looks like the app is using a very large value for the opponent car length, so thinks he's along side when he's 5 metres behind.

Other than deleting the c:/Users/[user name]/AppData/Local/Britton_IT_Ltd folder, I don't know what to suggest

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Does it happen on all tracks tho, or just the newer ones?

Have you tried using a fresh game documents folder? It's a long shot, but who knows. Try renaming the one that's there or moving it (i.e. back it up somehow instead of deleting it).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  8. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    ha :) problem solved. But I did two things at once so I don't know exactly what solved it.
    I deleted again the folder that Jim said "c:/Users/[user name]/AppData/Local/Britton_IT_Ltd folder" and I did a copy of "D:\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience". I only kept the user folder. I had several replay data files (225). Somehow believe I remember that this can cause issues. Cant remember exactly in what situations. Anyway ... its working again :) puuuuuu happy happy
    thx guys

• Like Like x 4
  9. Mr.Undercover

Mr.Undercover New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski
    Maybe You could add to [My name] " Kai " and to [Driver names] " Wenta "
    thanks a lot

10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Folks,

A few users have reported issues with the spotter where it behaves as if cars are 45 metres long, calling overlaps when you're way behind another car. We know what's causing this and the same issue may also be affecting voice recognition.

In some cases the user's settings file can become altered in what we'll call "sub-optimal ways". This causes settings that should have a decimal point to lose this decimal point. So the spotter thinks cars are 45 metres long, instead of 4.5 metres. And the speech recogniser will only recognise a voice command if the probability of it being correct is 4, on a scale of 0 to 1. We think this is triggered by number format issues on some cultures - specifically cases the decimal separator is not a '.'. We're looking into it and will fix it, but it might take a while.

If you find that the spotter is talking nonsense and / or the voice recognition doesn't work there are 2 things you can do. The safest option is to exit the app and delete the folder

C:\Users\[user name\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd

This will reset the app's settings to default - it may be necessary to do this again after the app's been updated.

If you want to fix the issue without deleting anything, inside the Britton_IT_Ltd folder look for a folder with the current app version (it's under a folder called CrewChiefV4.exe_Url_ltwjk4vypogatqgrzioneuqoankc3spb\ or something like that). The user.config file (a text file) contains all the saved settings. The ones that are may be wrong are:

xxx_spotter_car_length (where xxx is the game - should be about 4.5)
    minimum_name_voice_recognition_confidence (should be between 0 and 1)
    minimum_voice_recognition_confidence (should be between 0 and 1)
    spotter_gap_for_clear (should be about 0.5)

Sorry about this folks, and thanks to the people who've supplied info to help us track it down.

Jim

• Like Like x 2
  11. Richard Kipp

Richard Kipp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am using Simxperience Sim Commander 4. I am able to launch Crew Chief through Sim Commander's external program launch. I must manually click "Start Application," on Crew Chief and all is fine. Is there a parameter or a suffix after .exe that would automatically "Start Application."

12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yes, "Start immediately" I think it's called

13. Richard Kipp

Richard Kipp New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Tried it in a number of places and configurations with no success. Is this something I need to add to the CrewChiefV4.exe.config file?

14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    You need to select some game and start it once. Then, got to Preferences dialog and search for "immediate", you'll find the setting. Save and restart CC. Next time you start CC it should start in a "started" state for the previously selected game, trying to read game's data.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  15. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Name Request : Val

16. Staanis

Staanis New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Could you add my name please and thank you for the work you have already done !

My name is Stanis

:D:)

17. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    First, thanks for the app - if Youtube is any guide it's very popular! Couple of questions.

Is there a way to have the spotter only calling out the proximity to other cars (left side, clear...etc) but not the lap times/splits/encouragement etc?

Also, to what location are the sound packs downloaded? (So I can make a backup)

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    the app will give spotter calls only (car left etc) if you tell it to "keep quiet" / "shut up" / "i know what I'm doing". Or bind a button to the "Toggle race updates on / off". This will silence all the timing and other message. The spotter messages are enable / disabled separately.

The sounds are in .../AppData/Local/CrewChiefV4/

19. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!

20. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hello there, i wanted to say Thank you for creating this amazing App! I cant believe how i could race for so many years without having some british guy telling me how bad i am at racing games all the time.
    Haha jokes aside tho, this app has avoided many collisions for me. You can really tell when someone has it running on Multiplayer Servers.
    Also for immersive purposes its a must have for me now. Sent you a little donation on Paypal to say thanks :)

If you can squeeze it in id like to request my Name: Kevin Van Hülsen. Kevin is already in there (wich is great) so id love to have my last Name in there too.
    Its a dutch name so the "van" is pronounced like "fun" and the "Hülsen" is similar to the "Hül"-part in Hülkenbergs name for example. But even if the pronounciation isnt perfect ill be more than grateful for it to be added :)

Thanks again and Keep up the amazing work o/