Any DD/Servo wheels out there on R3E (AF, OSW, Bodner)??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by switchface, Nov 18, 2015.

1. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    any OpenSimWheel (OSW) users who have successfully gotten their MiGE 130STM10010 (10,000CPR/ 40,000PPR) to work properly, fine tuned it and make it work in R3E? I don't even know where to start with OSW in this sim, what to change or do, MMOS? Granity? complete and utter amateur and beginner with OSW. any help and guidance I will be grateful for!

2. biancazzurro

biancazzurro New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    simply read the previous post, those settings are great

• Like Like x 1
  3. JoeMoore

JoeMoore Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Sent you private message ( pm )

4. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    thank you will check and read around.

*** sorry forgot to mention is a DIY with IONI Pro HC, 10000CPR/40000PPR and small MiGE 130ST-M10010.

5. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    are there any specific settings in game or in files for R3E for OSW users? (IONO Pro HC+small MiGE) i got MMos and Granity dialed in, but need some help / recommendations for in-game settings and rcs/ini file editing please.

6. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Someone who can help me to center my steeriing wheel.
    Assigned steer left and right but after that ingame my center is off. While racing my wheel is not in the right position,

7. JoeMoore

JoeMoore Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Open mmos , top left tick centre wheel , save .

Oh centre your wheel first , and do above .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    @JoeMoore thx;)
    Any chance of your OSW settings? Mainly your Granity settings.
    Since i have this setup for iracing. Small Mige here with 10000k encoder.
    Looking to pick up R3E again a bit and espicially DTM cars.
    Cheers

9. JoeMoore

JoeMoore Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Kurt I'll be on pc in 2 hours time , I'll post it then --- browsing on tablet now , home shortly :)

10. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    No worries, no time any more this evening:cool:

11. JoeMoore

JoeMoore Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Gravity/ mmos

in mmos play around with--- Overall Filter--- lower might be better with RaceRoom .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Testing will be for next week hopefully:confused:
    Cheers

13. DubChain

DubChain Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Word of advise for those using filters in MMOS. Instead do it in Granity and you can then use all three together instead of one at a time. It's also easier to fine tune.
    Go to tuning in Granity and expand advanced. Here you add a % to each thing, small numbers make a tangible difference too.
    Admittedly I haven't needed to change anything here for R3E, but I did need it for Kart Racing Pro. You can then save a profile in Granity and load it whenever you choose to, just like MMOS.

14. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I can see my thread has mostly morphed into mostly OSW settings. A few random questions...
    • are any of you running OSW setups from HRS? I'm happy with my Accuforce, but I love seeing their kits. Curious if anyone is using their gear.
    • with that being said, anyone running an Accuforce with R3E and love their setup? I'm content with mine, but I'm sure there are many ways I can improve.
    • how many of you OSW guys have tried a Bodner setup? How do you feel the OSW setups have progressed in comparison?

15. DubChain

DubChain Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    What's HRS? Excuse my ignorance, still only 18 months into sim racing but trying to learn all the jargon and such.

16. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
  17. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    does anyone have or can help with OSW tweaks/ tune/ setup in game R3E? i have a IONI Pro HC + small MiGE and just can't get the right feel out of it. thank you all. feels disconnected from the road

18. DubChain

DubChain Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I managed to find a great setting, but it'll have to wait until I get home to post the screen shots. It's a personal preference, so it does feels completely different to any other sim, like iracing, dirt rally or anything else. Personally I think R3E feels better than any other sim, but others my disagree with that. I like that in R3E you can fine tune lots of the details and add engine vibes which is a massive game changer in terms of immersion.

• Like Like x 1
  19. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I recently saw a video by Inside Sim Racing where John was talking about how Sector3 had worked directly with SimXperience on settings for the Accuforce. Because of this, there was much fidelity and detail found by switching from Game Force Feedback to Steering Feedback Foundation mode. I tried it and it felt like a step backwards, so more tweaking was obviously needed.

Has anyone else tried Steering Feedback Foundation mode and found good settings?

20. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    You probably saw this video already. It contains some helpful tips for DD wheel users.