Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing - Discussion

Discussion in 'Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, May 2, 2017.

1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The developers have already watched your video, Ismail. So they will improve that in due time.

Once again, the fact that the ingame penalties were turned on in the first place was my fault. I added it to my checklist in BIG LETTERS so that won't happen again. For now, we run with visual flags only with no automated consequences by the game. Once the code is flawless, we will switch, but then I will communicate it properly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Any news how the last race will be handled?

3. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean? The race result of the second race counts.

4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Dani Juncadella gave me some feedback, and he really enjoyed driving against all of you! He said it's an impressive level. And I want to second that. I think we are moving in the right direction here with hard but fair racing. Keep pushing guys, make sure you respect your opponents on track, and we can show great racing to Mercedes and the world.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG] I WAS TOLD IN GAME EARLIER TODAY TO GIVE BACK 2 POSITIONS THAT i OVERTOOK UNDER YELLOW... TROUBLE WAS I WAS LEADING AND LAPPINGTHE 2 CARS INVOLVED.... I LET THEM PASS BACK... COUNTER STILL GOING DOWN 3,2,1..DISQUALIFIED.... WHAT'S NEXT GUYS? PENALISATION FOR WINNING? OH WAIT, WE'RE DOING THAT ALREADY
    CAPS!! sorry didn't mean to shout ;-)

6. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Something is odd.....

You know that one guy from last years championship that said we all are cheating? Where the heck is he!? :D

7. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean "that one guy"? He is the BEST DRIVER OF NORTH AMERICA :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Florian Hasse

Florian Hasse New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Confirmation still coming today? Just want to know that the schedule stands ;)

9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Schedule is the same, gridmail will follow soon

10. Kevin Siggy

Kevin Siggy New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Words can't describe how unprofessional this series has become. Literally more than 90.000 views are on stream watching how pathetic and selfish some people get. Something needs to be done, cuz the whole series is starting to become a joke and full of people that can't go side by side with someone. Can't wait till protests.

11. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I just want to apologize for how I looked in the race, my internet must of been all over the place because cars were blinking and disappearing all the time. So, I was not fully aware of where anyone was so I was just trying to hold good solid lines so as to not cause any problems. So again if I hit anyone i'm sorry about that, not deliberate or anything, just seemed weird as I was leading then I got hit by an invisible car then I see Tim ahead then the same later when I saw Jaroslav take 2nd. Very strange :p But i'll take 3rd regarding what happened.

12. jtf2omgea

jtf2omgea New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    anybody know where i can get setups for the c63 amg dtm 2017 car on nurburgring im getting 1:27 manual g29 all assist off driving line off know i should be doing way better ........help..lol

13. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to the guy I turned around in T1 but there was no room for me to go further to the right ´cause there was another car.

14. M41k_R

M41k_R Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The start was pretty messy for me..
    To spin me around wasn't necessary. There was enough space on the left and i was already close to the pitwall :(

15. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Well my championship is over now.
    Destroyed my race on my own in the first lap which was uncredibly stupid. Could have been a podium position.
    Then I had a blast to chase the field which worked out and I had the opportunity to be back at P5 I think.
    But someone just braked like one kilometer too late into T3 and the result was a road block. Again at the back I chased my way back to Ivanov to whom I have to apologize.
    Qualified for Rookie now, hope for a good race there.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  16. Giorgos Tzanetos

Giorgos Tzanetos Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I'm very sorry Moritz and Ralf Piringer, I was afraid that will hit Moritz from behind
    and locked the brakes.

I'm very sorry guys.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bergaufbremser

Bergaufbremser Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Whohoo! I won tickets! :D:D:D

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Bergaufbremser

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    The bad thing: no one of my friends and family has time or the desire to join me. :(
    The good thing: I will give the second ticket to someone of you. :)

The rest of the text will be in german:

Wer hat Lust mit mir (männlich, sächsisch, 36 ;)) an den Hockenheimring zu kommen? Ich fahre am Freitag früh von Dresden aus los und Sonntag Nachmittag/Abend wieder zurück.

Unterkunft habe ich noch keine. Hat vielleicht jemand in der Nähe von Hockenheim ein Plätzchen für mich und meine Luftmatratze frei? :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bergaufbremser

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I'm happy to allow the girlfriend of @Moritz Löhner to watch the final event live. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Now that the season is over, I want to say some personal words. For me it's the first time that I organized a full championship on such a big stage. I did two seasons in a private championship called Topstep on rFactor, and I commentated and helped the stewards team in a few seasons of Touring Pro Series, but that was it. So it was not so easy to make the transition to do this for RaceRoom, and especially with a partner like Mercedes-AMG who has a high standard.

My aim was to create a league that I would have enjoyed as a driver. And I think overall, it has been a pretty good season. It was nice to see a lot of you guys in person at Hockenheim, and even some fans! I know a large part of the RaceRoom userbase is interested mainly in content and game features, but you have to see that this is a big part of presenting our passion to a wider audience and getting key people from the world of motorsports involved - which should all be beneficial for our game in the long run. We could reach quite a few people with our streams, and I am sure got at least a few new drivers and some much needed media exposure. So I want to thank all RaceRoom drivers and fans for supporting us, and those who don't, I want to invite you to watch the races and give it a try.
    I also want to thank the whole Sector 3 team and the whole RaceRoom event team for helping me and putting up with my constant complaining and also of course my crew @Mike Bell and James Kirk for helping me.

There are also things that were not so good yet and need to be improved. One is the penalty system, we all know it. The other thing was the wheel equipment at the final. I also made some mistakes with the servers in some races like Norisring. I also think there must be a way of getting a few more people involved in this. And mostly, I want to get RaceRoom and our competitions into a place where it gets wider respect within the simracing community, cause tbh I think we absolutely deserve that.

But it has been a learning experience and learning doesn't stop. So I would like you all to give me honest feedback on this so we can improve it in the future. Not everything can be done, there are different opinions from all partners involved of course and also technical and economical limitations, but I want to know at least what everyone here thinks of this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1