The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    To me pCars is an example of a middle ground. Yes, it is not perfect: car behavior is so-so, FFB is questionable, bunch of graphics settings to turn off (unrealistic), cheesy radio chat ("good job" etc, you get the idea). AI is somewhat retarded, but cost of collision is less than R3E/GTR2 (car doesn't spin that easily) so I am not too bugged.

BUT pCars feels done and complete, and that's an advantage. RealWeather/RealTime features - love them. And, it is greatly optimized. Bottom line: a distraction while S3S is working hard on making R3E perfect :) Also, game is cheaper than R3E, so I would grab it on some sale with no regrets.

EDIT: I really do regret my early attitude towards pCars, I was wrong. After a while, to me it is the best touring car racing game ever as of beginning of 2016. Real wether, night races wow! Most problems are fixed, and it really lacks just some licenses and safety car.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'l say this for pCars, the LMP's with Time Progression are a blast to play. I haven't ventured far outside that but it's a lot of fun to start a race with 60x time progression and go from day to night and back to day again. I'm still not happy with the AI, but now that I've gotten a wheel it's far more fun to play than with just a controller.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried the Formula Rookie?
    Those cars are fragile, and with a bunch of maniac AI's on the track the frustration is high to say the least!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I can now see what you are saying, with so much bumping is in there now it will be next to impossible drive formula type car for long distance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    PCars is getting uninstalled in the next few days. It just ain't for me. It has no soul.

Ltd. Edition, with an unused modified code anyone? or do I take it to Game.

6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Ltd.edition? is that for console?

7. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    PC..

• Like Like x 1
  8. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    let me just check if my computer can handle p cars (the reason i haven't got it myself yet is that there is no demo to check)
    edit: (it's on the verge of under powered just under the minimum but i don't know how conservative the min is)

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  9. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Did you buy boxed?

10. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Metal case and book.

11. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    When am I gonna learn, Mach...?! Now you tell me! :D

12. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    We never will...

One new lesson learned.
    Can't trade the PC version. One use code.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  13. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    If you can run R3E you should be able to run Project CARS. I get about the same performance with R3E and pCARS (FPS wise).

14. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    but are you running min settings in r3e you can turn the settings so far down that you cant read the text on a billboard thats one of the major ups r3e has vs ac

15. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Actually, PC is better optimized than R3E at least for me. I can run higher settings on it than R3E.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    yeah i get that its the same with ac. but I literally have a potato for a computer so i't doesn't matter if its better optimized in the shadows or lighting if you cant turn them off completely like you can with r3e.

17. T_radley

T_radley Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Same for me.
    I'm able to run PCars with almost all graphic settings at high (robust > 60fps) while I had to do some compromise on R3E.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Hey a potatoe can generate a lot of energy! :D
    Same for me, I even saw outrageous FPS such as 157 in AC and in PCars they are in the 80-100+.

19. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Guys,

Anyone thinks SLS/M3 drive surprisingly easy in pCars? I also hit a sneaky thing - in game options Aids was set to Real, which enabled traction control for GT3 cars. After I set them to None, SLS drove a bit closer to how it drives in R3E/GTR2, but still miles of difference - way easier. What are your impressions?

I am not saying "harder is more realistic", just wondering. Not sure who's reality is "real" :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  20. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I agree. All the cars in PC are easier to drive than in R3E to me at least. I enjoy driving the LMPs and the Formula Rookie cars in PCars. R3E and the EGT mod in rFactor 2 have spoiled me for driving GT cars in almost anything else.