Suggestions for the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Santos - ASR, Sep 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Renato Santos - ASR

Renato Santos - ASR New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Raceroom, how are you?
    First, congrats for this amazing game
    Now, Why do not you release the custom skins?
    And the news gt3 cars ( audi, mercedes, ferrari, lamborghini, corvette and porsche)
    I and much other pilots love this game but we need more att in game, races with real time (24 hours), machanics in pit line, oval circuits...
    I believe that with this you will get many new players
    This is my suggestion...

( sorry for my english, hehe)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Some suggestions after a few months playing R3E ;):
    • First, a pinned and moderate thread on the forum where all suggestions could be grouped together (General discussion) :)
    • UI:
    1. In general : smaller text fonts and esthetically less casual gamer, more motorsport and racing like. The slow motion videos used in background should be more highlighted.
    2. Options tab should be added in the first screen with ''Single player'', ...
    3. In the replay tab, it could be interesting that the user could select what to record : all sessions, race sessions only, hotlap only, ...
    4. Car choice : would need some changes with only one page listing all classes in alphabetical order for example (and the corresponding logo). A bit boring to navigate between 5 pages, not user friendly IMHO ;) Moreover, once the car is selected, a synthetic presentation of the car could be added with technical specs : engine type, weight, power, torque, max speed, gearbox type, ...
    5. Track choice : same as above regarding car choice.
    • Portal:
    1. For every driver profile, advanced statistics could summarize all leaderboards challenges and competitions entries with : car/track combo, laptime, division,...
    2. I am not a fan of the individual news feeds and of the favourite tracks and cars. It doesn’t bring anything very interesting IMHO ;)
    Keep on the good work S3 :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  3. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know if we are ever going to get a customisable HUD. I have my monitor right on the end of my wheel and I often can't see the gear LEDs etc through my real life wheel. Even the option to drag the bottom corner HUD to anywhere on the screen would be really useful. :)

Also - and I've asked this before - will we ever get a gear ratio graph in the setup screen and more info on the engine performance of each car? I'm talking about BHP/torque graphs etc.

All the above I would find really useful.

Thanks. :)

4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    There is actually one already, but it seems that most people gave up because no one uses it anymore.

On page 6 @J-F Chardon wrote:
    Thank you all so far, keep them coming :)

But I guess the thread became more than Sector3 can handle. It is now 46 pages long and most requests / proposals have not been released.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-suggestions-features-and-game-mechanics.495/

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Anyone can certainly still make suggestions in there if they have any productive thoughts on how to improve the game. :)

As you said though, that thread is 46 pages... so that is 46 pages of ideas. Namely, that is a whoooole lotta ideas :p Sadly, not all of those are going to be implemented simply due to how small the dev team is, how long those ideas would take to implement, as well as Sector3's own goals for the game.

There is still multi-class, the whole ranked online system, and many more things being worked on. So fitting in every community idea isnt gonna happen. Couple that with limitations of the game engine, some things are just impossible anyway.

That said, plenty of features the community has wanted are in fact in the game, and these ideas have continually been added in the past few years. And since the game is still in full active development, I still expect many more to come :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Agree with @WozzaUK, I forgot this one, it would be great to have at least the ability to position the HUD left bottom, center bottom or right bottom once in game. If it's not possible to drag the HUD anywhere on the screen ;)

I dare to add one more point. Once in session, a "Telemetry" tab would be great. A "simple" analysis with main channels: speed, throttle%, break%, steer, spin (wheel velocities), revs vs max torque line. And the ability to superimpose any lap data of a session with the best one. Ok I have a dream :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. isi [vMADS]

isi [vMADS] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    If there were something like this would be awesome with the telemetry. Even better if it would be like in micro prose GP2 :D D
    There, one could analyze pretty much all parameters that were adjusted in the Setup in the telemetry. Ground clearance, etc...

8. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hello Petrolheads!

I would suggest the implementation of an adjustable level of boost for all the turbocharged Group 5 and Imsa GTO cars which all had the possibility to change the boost while in race. Furthermore as a balancing suggestion , more boost needs to come with a lot more turbo lag ( in general those Group 5 cars need more turbo lag) as a trade off for increased top speed.

Have a nice day!