International 2,4 H Testrace

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by NL-Jos, Sep 10, 2017.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    We would like to have a TESTRACE to see if we can make this into a championship for 2018.
    It will be an ENDURANCE type race of 2,4 hours inline with the real 24 hours.
    The TESTRACE will be held on Saturday 30th September.
    Server opens at 18:00 CET for a practice of 60 min, than at 19:00 a qualifing for 60 min (that will be CLOSED for joining to prevent any "join lag").
    And at 20:00 CET start of the race for 2,4 hours.
    We have set the max. ping at 100, we have to see how that plays out with the number of players (50 !!!!).
    If you want to join you can just leave a message and you"ll be sent the passwort.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I would love to join this, but maybe if it was a multi class event. I'll have a think, may end up joining as it is on a Saturday which suits me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    It's more a test to see how It's works with 50 slots in combination of the maximum ping of 100
    Classes can be changed if the test wil be a succes or not

4. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm always up for a race. Might as well count me in :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    If someone find 2,4 houres to long for a test ride.
    But wil give it a try for at least 1 hour, put this in a post and if there is place at the raceday you can join.
    The most important thing wich we want to test is the combination of a low ping (max. of 100) in combination wit a lot of drivers.

01. Martin Pater (Google+)
    02. Jos Snijder (Google+)
    03. Oreos (Sector3)
    04. Marc Martens (Google+)
    05. Georges Deurwaerder (Google +)

6. Andre Bonaparte

Andre Bonaparte New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It will be really interesting, but with 100ms in ping is impossible to us in Brazil. Me and my team (about 12 virtual drivers) would like to participate, but with this ping limitation is techinicaly difficult.

Why dont´put 300ms (default) or a little more? We participate in championships in European servers and works great in default raceroom dedicated server configuration.

Thanks and good luck!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you, but if this test works well we will do another test with a little higher ping (f.e. 200) to see how far we can go.
    If it not succeed we even don't think about to go further with something like this.
    How more we test how greater the change is of a nice championship without the trouble of having lag, wich is still a great issue.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  8. Andre Bonaparte

Andre Bonaparte New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    300ms in ping is the default for Raceroom Dedicated Server software/ app and works without lag in championships that me and my teamates participate. Less than this is difficult (to don´t say impossible) even we have a fiber conection. The fisical distance to Brazil and Europe makes the ping higher then 200ms.

9. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Strange, the default setting here in Europa is 500.
    The reason of starting with a low ping (in this case 100) is to see if there is absolute no problem with LAG and if nog, we do another test with 200 and after that 300.
    If 100 ping gives priblems with LAGGING the whole idea go's in the freezer :(
    Last friday was some kind of race here (the blanc pain - a race of 2 houres) wich about 40 races with a maximum ping of 400
    I heard from members of our communty who where there that there was LAGGING all over the place

Excuse me for my bad english :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  10. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    But wil give it a try for at least 1 hour, put this in a post and if there is place at the raceday you can join.
    The most important thing wich we want to test is the combination of a low ping (max. of 100) in combination wit a lot of drivers.

03. Oreos (Sector3)
    06. Fred Ligtvoet (Google+)

11. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm in sign me up

• Like Like x 1
  12. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0

03. Oreos (Sector3)
    07. Connor (Sector3)

13. oscark1292

oscark1292 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jos..!!!
    I was also online during that race... although the Belgium & Dutch participants did not seem to have had any problems, it where those drivers that where further afield that suffered significantly ...
    It was identified that the actual race was held on a Home-PC server setup rather than an actual more powerful PC/server unit..
    So the issue, the way I understand it, was not ping/connection related but actual hardware issues.

The next session held on 6.10.2017 will be supported and run via a better unit, which should see this problem being resolved
    Just thought I'd give some inside info...

As for this league... the duration of 2.4 hours ... I think its great ... but as I am slightly older ... pushing 50... I'm not sure if my body fluids/bladder can endure the full race length...

May need to sort out some TENA's ..?!?!

Subject to this league being held on a weekend... / Friday evening... I might be able to join more frequent.

If you guys can sign me up for the test race ... ?!? ... I'll try to join, if my work schedule allows

• Like Like x 1
  14. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0

03. Oreos (Sector3)
    07. Connor (Sector3)
    08. oscark1292 (Sector3)

15. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Sign me in.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0

03. Oreos (Sector3)
    07. Connor (Sector3)
    08. oscark1292 (Sector3)
    09. Svennixx (Sector3)

17. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I don't mind the day it is on but Saturday is fine for me. But 2,4 hours is quite long for a test race maybe 1 or 1,5 hours might be better as a test.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    You have a point and it's not a problem at all if People leave at one hour, realy
    But maybe some stay because they have a lot of fun
    It's still a game where fun stays on top i think :cool:
    After these test we looking how it was and take te results and comments for the next one

• Like Like x 1
  19. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Maybe (when i in time at home) i will run an open server tonight (20:00 CET)
    Server name: 24H-TESTRACE
    Settings: most like the test
    20:00 practice 60 minutes
    21:00 quali 30 minutes
    21:30 relax time 10 minutes
    21:40 race 30 minutes
    Ping 200

20. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I'll be watching WEC tonight sadly :)