The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @machwebb sold his PS3 and GT too, after R3E, it gave him a headache lol. Only reason I haven't done the same is because my missus won't let me :(

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    If these G29 rumors are true, then 'll probably pick one of those up and GT7 when it comes out.

3. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    At the moment i'm really enjoying PCARS.:p The FFB (with Jack Spade tweaker files) on my CSW v2 is fantastic. Communicative and almost on the same level as rF2 (which is on top of my best-FFB-list at the moment).
    I don't care about the negative vibes within the simracing community against PCARS. At least it counts, if i for myself have fun with it.
    Nevertheless i admit that PCARS has its flaws, issues and annoying things (e.g. no saving some HUD settings, random disconnects, etc.), but not what can't be fixed, i guess. No really big game breakers there, at least for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    do they have a tweaked file for T300 ? Can't say i love it at the moment.

5. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    yes, they are on youtube! :D

6. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Stop copying me! I am 41 too but I bet I was born before you! :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
  8. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    LOL, now thats an entertaining read!
    Just makes me even more satisfied with this forum, its members and how S3 chooses to interact with us.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well I have some experience moderating Forums and I also would recommend to read the whole thread, not just the headline and I tell you narcistic, selfish and therefore disruptive individuals are really an issue on any platform/forum/portal whatever and if you let them run with their mostly disrespective and childish attitudes and semantics (from testosterone loaded youngsters to old whinger farts) you actually can close your forum a few weeks after such shitstorms started.It really can contaminate a whole community. I don't wanna generalize as here as at R3E Forum there lot of positive counterexamples of Young Guns like you or Moritz Löhner (and "Geriatrics" too of course) .Nevertheless you have to be strict about this issue when in charge...while In case of PC (which is more mainstream-oriented than R3E ) it surely draws more "mainstream-idiots" like R3E does :)...
    But you`re right: This is a very mature community at R3E compared to others I joined for years - with a good sense of humor and understanding...and the only neccessary ban here seems to be indeed just well-known Aline (and only for a certain period to wake up- maybe ;) )
    Just my two cents

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    just... WOW!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yeah

12. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    #1 AC fan was banned the same way by discussing with me in Kunos fans a few months ago... Some people debate, others argue, some try to explain, others (without knowing jack about what they talk about) post opinions as facts. Obviously, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but, at least me, like to know why so I try to debate and read first.

I have to say, this forum is way better then the blindness on Kunos/ISI forums (i don't know the actual state on iR).

Still, i chose not to get involved in this thread particularly because well... it is never 100% nice and I won't change a think, obviously.

Yes, i do have a bit more insight than many so i tend to correct some "facts" and try to help. This, ofc, makes me a fanboy of pCARS (that's how internet works).

It is also funny everyone knows more but most don't even read past a thread tittle.

It is just like AMD issues... well, how they manage to sell a single card, still, is beyond me :\

IGNORANCE is not an excuse.

Yeah.. WOW is probably adequate.

Excuse my rant.

PS: as mentioned before around here somewhere, i'm still available to help although there is a public forum for anyone about pCARS which, ofc should be the default stop.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Two sides to every story... I see a lot of complaining on the WMD forums, not everyone is getting banned lol. My guess is this person crossed the line and from what I understand it's not that out of character for this person.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0

I totally agree. I was more just amazed at the dialogue of posts to and from Ian Bell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    One more thing, wmd forums are a work place for all intents. I imagine no one talk back at the boss (to say the least) and expect not to have consequences...

It is all on how you say. It is possible to give suggestions and criticize without being rude. Do this the wrong way and insulting even, and there's only one way to got, right?

And even "suggestions" need improvement. More often than not are just demands and worse, assuming they're all easy to implement just because other titles have it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Bram/RD on this one. Mr. Bell has previous for this kind of thing i.e trying to stifle or shout down criticism and generally being a bit slippery in the face of questions in a public space where things aren't under his control.

A number of other developers use RaceDepartment forums as a place to interact with their customers, listen to ideas and feedback, collect bug reports and provide information and advice to players. For instance you see guys from Sector3, Kunos, Reiza and ISI on there, probably others, being very open, honest and humble with their customers. Just normal guys with a passion for what they do. So ask yourself this: why is it different with Mr. Bell/SMS?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I went to peek one or to threads... man those are OLD :D and yeah.. that guy... i remember it all now. I won't give him the attention he wants for sure.

18. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    People gravitate towards the norm. If you start acting like an idiot here 1) You'll really stand out and 2)You'll find little support for your actions. The reverse is also true, any sensible person who tries to deal with a community of idiots tends eventually to get dragged down to that level and start arguing schoolboy fashion, tit for tat, insult for insult. I got halfway through that thread and gave up, I don't know who's right, if anyone, but that's one toxic scene, like Fairman says, once a forum gets to that stage it's finished. Glad not to be involved with that on any level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Nuh uhh!

:p

I read the opening page of that thread and to be honest, got a little confused about what was actually going on, I actually felt a little sorry for Mr Bell, he seemed to be getting the thick end of the stick and I couldn't see why, some of the posts aimed at him could have been worded better.
    It's at this point I would usually go back and read the rest of the thread to get a clearer picture but thanks to you gents, I may just be wasting my time lol. :D

My only critique from that opening page (as an admin of a forum myself) is that it seemed overly moderated, but then, each to their own, it's not my forum and people are entitled to do things differently if that's how they want to do things, who am I to judge? :)

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  20. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Do the other devs get the same level of vitriol aimed at them?

I'm in the Elite Dangerous community and just like pCARS some of the awful, disrespectful stuff that David Braben gets is on the same level that Ian Bell gets.

funnily enough both games were crowd funded and I think that makes a difference with some entitled fools feel they can literally talk the "smack" to the devs.

• Agree Agree x 2