Problem Vr in game stopped working

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by morewood.myrvang, Sep 20, 2017.

1. morewood.myrvang

morewood.myrvang New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom doesnt show up in vr Googles. its just black. but when i see steam vr display Mirror ,its working but not in my googles- please help?

2. morewood.myrvang

morewood.myrvang New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it have worked perfectly before

3. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried to reset the VR position in game?

4. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    so it looks like im not the only one with black screen problem...since patch vr only shows black screen, in desktop mode it runs fine. some ppl said their screen was misplaced behind, they just reseted the screen and everyrthing went beck to normal... it didn't helped for me. all other vr game runs fine.

5. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    If you try starting the game with VR it will create a new set of log files. You can find them here:
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log
    Sort by date and attach the latest Game and MW log files in a reply here and I'll see if there is something to see in there.

As far as I know we haven't touched VR in a while so it's strange that it stopped working...

6. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    since morewood didn't post his, here is mine, maybe you can figure out something...
    just updated my nvidia driver today... nothing changed

Attached Files:

7. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately that only showed that everything initialized fine. I believe there's a workaround, someone mentioned that they could mirror to the normal PC monitor. It's a bit of a hassle to lift the headset whenever you need to do menu stuff but until we can solve it...

8. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    thx for the effort man, hopefully someone will find the solution sooner or later....

9. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I am having this issue also. Using Rift, game starts and you can hear the menu music. Rift screen gets stuck on splash screen and monitor mirror image is just black.

Did you guys get yours working?

10. Onaflyer

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    files

Attached Files:

11. Onaflyer

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    more

Attached Files:

12. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    still stuck with this one, lets hope they will find something in yours...

13. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    update: actually it works for me now, haven't try it since like a week, now i've seen your post, so i decided to give a try, and it is ok now. regarding my system, since the last try i updated win10 with the new creators update, and updated my nvidia driver to the latest. steam/steam vr betas opt out (no beta), launch option: -vr.
    maybe one of the updates helped but im not sure. what im thinking is: before, i was always sitting in my rig with the rift on my head when i fired up the game. the main menu was kinda mid distance from me in game. than the problem came, only seen black screen. other threads were saying that the main menu is behind me, so i tried to look behind me, but there was only black screen as well. now i fired up the game from my desk, when welcome screen appeared it was right in my face very close, i leaned forward to hit a key to get to the main menu, and basically i leaned through the welcome screen so everything went black. i turned around 180 degrees to take a look of the main menu from behind....but there was nothing...only blackness... so what im thinking right now, is that the menu was all the time behind me, but since you cannot see it from the back i thought it was not there...
    suggestion: put the headset on, fire up game in vr, when the music start to play, try to move around in your room to get in front of the welcome screen/main menu...if doesn't work try to reset your oculus play area and steam vr play area (on my button box there is a button to reset view in vr, i tried that before, but nothing happened, i think it is only working in the car, but ofc i can be wrong...)

14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    At least for me, the reset-button is working in the menu, too. Not sure if it still did, as I rarely have the problem that I don't see the Menu, so I move through the menus till I sit in the car and do the reset there, as I need it to be adjusted only there..

15. Onaflyer

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    update: I did get it all working, I should have figured it out earlier but GE Force auto updated my Nvidia drivers and the new driver is what was causing all my issues. I went back to a driver from the end of August and everything is working perfectly.