Question Pro xbox 360 controller settings

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by sprogs, Oct 25, 2017.

1. sprogs

sprogs New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Veterans help improve the settings for the xbox 360 controller, I use only "Get Real" and automatic gearbox.
    My settings are good but once I had better, I lost them.
    I do not have a steering wheel, I'm good at pad but settings is not the best.

Attached Files:

2. sprogs

sprogs New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    After testing and reading on this formum similar threads I set up such options:
    Analog sectors: 1.3 1.5 1.7
    Return Multiplier: 1.6

For some tested cars it works great.

However, there are cars that run horribly like the CHEVROLET CAMARO GT3

3. Lucas dos Santos

Lucas dos Santos Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hi sprogs,

I tried your settings here, with Camaro GT3 and, at least for my driving style, it was OK for me (TBH, I felt a little bit of understeer, but nothing so important).

Take a look at this video, that I just recorded from my test drive with Camaro GT3, using the control settings that you provided (running in Get Real mode, Automatic Transmition, no Traction Control):

https://streamable.com/mu6fh

Can you tell us what others cars runs badly with that settings and what cars works great?

Either way, I use the following settings, that works good for me:

Min Steering Speed = 60
    Analog Sector 1 = 2
    Analog Sector 2 = 2.1
    Analog Sector 3 = 2.2
    Return Multiplier = 1.5
    Throttle Sensitivity = 50%
    Brake Sensitivity = 50%
    Steering Deadzone = 20%

4. sprogs

sprogs New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I checked a few GTR3 cars at the Knutstorp Ring GP, only the Camaro goes like the ice rink, Corvette is also hard to master but I can do it good.
    Other cars in the same class behave very well.
    The Camaro in most cases ended up with a disqualification or last place.

I think my driving style is too aggressive, the Camaro does not tolerate faster acceleration and braking, and twisting also often ends off the track.

I was on the same control and default settings for the car.

5. Lucas dos Santos

Lucas dos Santos Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    A car like Camaro GT3 in a track like Knutstorp is really tricky and requires some practice!

Being smooth and progressive with accelerator is the key to avoid lose of traction and spins. The following video has a lot of useful tips that can help you to master cars like that:

BTW, some cars allows you to use Traction Control even in Get Real mode, and Camaro GT3 is one of them!

Go to Control Settings, Primary Functions and associate a key/button to "Previous TC Step" and "Next TC Step" functions (I use LB and RB for that). Then, you can use these keys/buttons in order to turn Traction Control on when you are on track and turn your driving a little bit easier.

[​IMG]