Microstutter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by higsy, Oct 28, 2017.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi... I've seen the topic of this brought up before and was wondering if anyone could share some of there settings on nvidia inspector. I continually get microstutter on and offline.. similar to when someone joins in an online game..
    I've got 2 gtx770 in sli (yes I understand rr doesn't support that) vsync is off and settings are fairly low with frame rates at 70 to 80.
    I7 quad core with 16 gb ram. Shading is off.
    Should I turn replays off as I don't use em anyways ? Clear caches etc.
    Anything to do with steam ?
    Thanks

2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Ok so I changed a couple of thingsseems to have fixed the problem.. I have 3 144 hz monitors and a 4th monitor which is a 60 hz one. When using nvidia surround it defaults to the lowest rated monitor. In my in-game setting I have it set at 5760x1080x144. So I changed it to 5760x1080x60 and the game runs much smoother now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Interesting find. Bit of a shame that Nvidia still hasnt gotten around to improving triple screen support when you use mixed refresh displays.

Something else that might help increase stability and perhaps even performance, is to disable SLI before you launch RR. You can do this from the Nvidia Control Panel if you were unaware. Many 'older' games benefit from disabling the 2nd gpu when the game doesnt offer any multi-gpu support.

I used to run an SLI system and this always improved performance since RR doesnt have any multi-gpu support when I was playing.

4. stobbs

stobbs Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Unless I have vsync on I find r3e very stuttery even if the framerate is high