Windows 10 performance with RRE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oliver Augst, May 11, 2015.

1. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm installing it now. Burned the ISO image. Was pleased to see it can clean install or update. Final version will be free if you're already running windows 7 or 8.1. Well, free for a year. Not bad.
    I'm curious to try out a few games.

Swag

2. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Would you like reports of the weird issues if we get any?

3. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    After putting has level starting up black screen which to make

4. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I tried Win10 now a few days and was positively surprised how the upgrade from win7 worked without bigger issues. Regarding performance in R3E I'm quite disappointed and decided to do a rollback. With my R9 280X I had a huge drop of fps in MP and had to reduce many graphic settings to be able to play smoothly. Don't know if it's because of better Nvidia drivers atm or my general system setup but I didn't see any advantage to change to Win10 for now for my purpose.

5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I've been running Windows 10 for a couple of weeks now. Coming from Windows 8.1 I cannot say I have noticed performance differences. Win 10 is essentially an evolution of Win 8 so it's very stable. I've had very few issues so far.

Nvidia released a Win 10 driver recently.

6. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    For those of you using the Fanatec CSS SQ with the USB adapter, it's working now with the latest build. I had some issues in the past with the 10 preview.
    R3E runs great using an Nvidia card. Seems they did a great job with the latest preview driver. No real performance increase for me but also no decrease ;)

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't be happier with Windows10 at the moment, I'm getting much stronger FPS on higher graphic settings on my old ATi HD 4670 then I did on Windows7, recently had a driver update for it too, I'm frankly amazed that the newer AMD cards (R9 series) aren't getting the same level of support and performance boosts, something definitely not right there....

8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    AMD always seem to be a little behind the curve unfortunately.

9. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    You mean FPS?

10. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    After the upgrade from my Windows 7 startup black screen, the installation failed you solutions thanks

11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I don't think AMD has win 10 drivers out yet.

I am curious how Win 10 will be for R3e, as I will probably take advantage of the upgrade.

Has the team done anything with regards to Win 10?

12. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys ☺
    Those of you using Win10 and Nvidia... any of you using surround mode/triples?
    I gave the Win10 preview a very brief spin and gave up when I couldn't get my displays to operate correctly - it stretched one screen across two and then 3rd was correct.
    I figured Nvidia's driver needed to catch up but I jumped ship in favor of waiting.

One other reservation I have... I like having a Windows copy for fresh installations. I thought perhaps reinstalling 7 before the "update" might be a good idea, then clone the fresh 10 up date. Good idea/unnecessary??
    Not sure how many Win7 files get swept/replaced etc. I keep my games/documents on separate drive.
    Any suggestions? Insight?
    Don't mind imaging or cloning to use as a future "reinstall" but want to insure I have a problem free install in which to copy.
    thanks,
    Bailey

13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    from what I understand win 10 has a clean install option.

14. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    It had an ati card ....Once ;)

I am looking forward to windows 10 though first time in a long time I can say that of windows.

15. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and burned to disk, then did a fresh install.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have simxperience/simvibe running on W10?

17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I have my Dedi servers running on latest Win 10 variant, few bugs and glitches but very stable. Win 10 will ship with directx 12 which is promising up to 30% increase in graphics performance. Unfortunately Nvidia's Win 10 drivers are restricted to 1920 x 1080 at the moment so no tri-screens or 4k, so will be server until decent video drivers arrive!

18. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Since when are nV drivers under Win10 restricted to FHD??? Most of my games run fine in FHD+ or 4k. I'm having some issues with R3E atm (can't even go higher than 900p), but for the rest it's ok.

@nipzon : SimVibe runs fine with Win10 as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't get R3E to display 1920x1080 in the latest Windows 10 build so had to roll back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Think it depends on which nvidia driver you're running, must admit have neglected Win 10 since R3E update, Win 10 has had an update itself so maybe all change!