Surprised by this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fsuarez79, Nov 3, 2017.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I downloaded RRE and purchased the DTM pack about a year ago. Since then I hadn't touched the game as I couldn't find a FFB setting to my liking.
    A few days ago I decided to give it another try and after 1-2 hours of tweaking I was finally able to find a setting I'm really happy with. Is it my favorite FFB in the current sim market? No, but it's still pretty good.

After that, I went and did a test drive of cars in most series. The Legends pack feels great, so does WTCC and of course, DTM. I was underwhelmed by the GT3's but as I found out later, it's getting a complete overhaul given there are some new cars coming soon so I'm hopeful about it.

I own most of the current sims (AC/AMS/RF2/PCars2) and I'm confident RRE is where I'll be spending most of my time from now on.
    With the FFB now dialed in, as a single player the things that made the choice easy are:

-Adaptive AI: Simply brilliant. Yes a bit on the aggressive side but I'd rather see them fighting for positions than racing passive bots.
    -Official GT3/DTM/WTCC licensed content and regulations
    -Offline championships
    -Mandatory pit stops
    -Great overall car/track selection
    -Crew chief support
    -Upcoming DLC (Porsche and GT4)

If there's only one thing I can hope for in the future for single player is Multiclass racing, apart from that it has everything I look for in a sim.

So yeah, for now I'm just waiting for a certain Friday in November to get all the remaining content from the store ;)

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    "Crew chief support". Excellent ;). But now Crew Chief supports pretty much every racing game worth playing (and iRacing as well, for the deep-of-pocket) that's no longer a selling point :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Haha, true. But still worth mentioning as it's free advertisement for you ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to wait for that certain friday.
    Buy vRP here: https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24
    and you get all content up yo this point for 65 euro.:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Isn't it possible that a better deal comes during Black Friday?
    Tho by buying the vRP's the DTM pack will get deducted so I'll have some left for future content so it might end up being a better deal than Black Friday.
    Considering that, I might not wait until Black Friday but if I'm right, some new stuff is coming by mid November so I might just wait until then.

6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Actually, lack of Crew Chief is becoming a problem for titles. For example, even if Codemasters F1 supported VR, not sure I'd play it - lack of CC is a problem that's hard to swallow :)
    Welcome to R3E, it is really nice game that many titles could learn from, in terms greatness of the content and attention to autosport experience. The only game I play aside from rF2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well last year it was 50€ for everything on that day/week in November, right? Worth a wait IMHO :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    One other thing to consider right now...

That all in one, "Premium Pack" includes every piece of content currently in the game. However, it does not give you future content. Meaning, it only includes whatever has been released in the game at the time of purchase.

So if you were to buy it now, and those new GT3 cars release in a week... you would have to buy those separately. However, if you wait a week or two and buy the premium pack after those cars release, they will be included. :)

9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thanks for pointing that out. I heard Sector3 plans to release the GT3 cars Nov 14th at the latest so I took that already in consideration. Whichever way I go, I won't be buying the Premium pack before the new content gets released :cool:

10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Same. Even though I mentioned all those other games, really the only other one I play is RF2.

11. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    thats something sector3 should work on, thats one thing that stops me from buying premium :D probably gonna get it on black friday or unreal port but still to have a godlike deal and not want to get it no matter what, thats a paradox

Im happy fsuarez u like it, i still remember first beta i tried on my laptop with keyboard, released way too soon, truly barebones :D My current title to go to (id probably play more ams if it had vr support). Those series u mentioned are excellent, except those i love nsu, group 5 and dtm92 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Agree with the OP. Not the best FFB/physics but the most satisfying sim so far. Still some tweaks need to be done though:
    - loading are way too long
    - no way to read the user car list before entering an online race (cars currently chosen by the active players)
    - no way to read the online server list outside the game (in Assetto Corsa, menu and game are separated)
    - The community has not especially grown over the last few years. It may even be worse. Last year, I remember we could pretty easily find a nurb GT3 race with 25-30 opponents at the weekend . Since I returned to Raceroom yesterday, 15 opponents on the same track only.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Can´t confirm this - by far the best for me.
    I don´t know why Assetto Corsa is nr1 actual, the FFB is really meaningless, same as Iracing.
    It´s not bad but ive got much more Feedback in Raceroom about the current state of my Car in my Wheel.

Feel the same about this, think its the tribute to the GT3 Cars not released yet.
    On the other Hand if you look to IRacing/Assetto there also no complete GT3 Field , every Sim has Patchwork in this Class i think.
    And - trust me - im really waiting for the "new" GT3´s.

If Raceroom want to grow up - my suggestion:

Multiplayer Safety Rating.
    Endurance Race with Driver Exchange.
    More Options in the Dedicated Server - Kick/Ban Wreckers , BoP for Championships of course the Multiplayer Safety Rating.
    New classes like TCR,GT4 would be fine.DTM95/96 maybe or FIA GT if youre looking for older series.
    Dont spread out too much, i don´t think Raceroom should be able to do all kind of Series like Dirt/Oval/Formula/Rally/Karting.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  14. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It really hasn't grown...

http://steamcharts.com/app/211500

Average players is the important figure here. It's remained static at around 200-300 for the past couple of years. That's despite the game moving forward quite considerably in that time.

My guess is two things are preventing the user base from growing...

1. Lack of sim features. R3E is getting there slowly but it still lags behind the competition in this regard.

2. Lack of next-gen visuals. I actually think R3E looks pretty good considering the ageing platform it's running on but it can't match PCARS2, Assetto Corsa and now even rFactor2 for the more flashy stuff.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    FFB will always be subjective. I find it very informative in terms of what your car is doing and its limits (understeer, slip) but where I find it lacking is in tire feel (especially at lower speeds) when compared to RF2 and AMS and somewhat more forgiving physics. All that said, I still think it provides a very good experience overall

• Agree Agree x 1