Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Leo Kuhn

Leo Kuhn Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more. I would never trust Windowns with my personal data. I use the Win stuff only for gaming...

2. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    you trust apple with your data? lol

3. Leo Kuhn

Leo Kuhn Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I trust MacOS a lot more than Windows. I am in the PC business long enough to decide that. Up to you which OS you trust... probably Android :D :D

4. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    As long as it is possible to make money with personal data, no company is to be trusted.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Trust is an empirically proven quality, that means it gets earned by having set examples in the past that went according to the satisfaction of the person investing trust. If you give it in advance, unfounded on empirical experience, then it is named not trust, but hope: you take a risk and hope that it works and that you get away with it - but knowing it you do not at all.

Microsoft has done everything it can with Windows 10 and the way it was aggressively and invasively promoted and in the fashion they even accessed "locked" systems to bypass a clear No by the system owner and have Win10 being installed against the will of people, that we have strong empirical evidence for why Microsoft cannot be trusted at all. Why to mistrust them to the max - that is what got empirically proven.

With companies like Google or Facebook, dealing with privacy-mined data is the business model they found on, imo it is highly immoral and even offensive and intrusive, and thats why I do not let Google stuff on my devices, and do evertyhing but gaming on Linux. To assume they would violate their business model to respect privacy demands by users, is naive. Same goes for Apple, and any other.

In many cases, the deliberate misleading and deceiving of "customers" went so far as that priovacy relevant option buttons were dummy switches, much funcationality of this was hidden and could not be accessed by users, or patches and feature chnages got inentionally mislabelled, wrongly described and given the imoression to do something different than what they actually did. this is especially true for Microsoft'S new KB update descriptions. Often they do not even publish explanations anymore, or delay them long enough that the crpa gets installed unknowngly. Much of the spoy9ng and temeptry stuff of W10 mnahwile is being injecte dinto W7 as well, somehtign thta many people still do not know. I saw this coming - and stopped upgrading W7 on my old game machine already 2015, and sealed off all its optiosn and possibilities to phone home to mother. Twice Microsoft penetrated these defences and blockades - which only shows how incredibly agressive they try to spread their invasive garbage, both times it was a famous W10-promoting and installing patch that lead the attack. It meanwhile got released over two dozen times, in a bid to evade established defences and tools catching the older versions of it.

Pro IT admins working for companies, hate W10, and many of them try to convince their employers NOT to switch to W10. Troubles, risks, broken tech quality of patches, and endless hours of additonal work trying to fix what Microsoft has mandatorily unloaded on their company's servers or harddrives. The probem is, that Microsoft doe snot understand Windows to be an OS anymore, but a data mining opportunity. If you want to see what an operaiton system is and should look like, go Linux. Thin, economic, avoiding excessive overloading of stuff during booting, strenalined to the purpose of being an operation system. thats why it is more stable, much faster, less problem-ridden, less vulnerable.

There are plenty of reasons not to trust these companies, and none why to trust them. The product they sell - is you. Microsoft and Windows are not "a service", as Nadalla propagates. They are your enemy. So always keep privacy and money-relevant (shopping, banking) and PIN-code and password- relevant data physically disconnected from their reach. And understand that you are also not safe when you stand in line at the counter, letting the clerk on the other side do a transaction in your name. His system also may run on Windows, or whatever. And hat then exposes your data the way they would be exposed if you enter them at home yourself.

Practice your righ and say "No". Boycott and deny invitations and lures to turn digital 100%. Refuse cashless payment schemes. Weaken according companies by boycotting their offers. Once they achieved monopolies, it is too late and your freedom is gone, and your vulnerability and dependency complete.

• Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Wonderful x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Ten preconceived opinions to that (saves us time):

1. "But....but *sobbing* I'll lose all my precious Facebook friends if I do so !!"
    2. "You, Sir, are a conspiracy terro...uhm... theorist"
    3. "Bullshit, I work for MS and MS says they are upright and noble, just look what the Gates Foundation is doing"
    4. "Data mining ? They just want to make your life as easy as possible, you ungrateful moron"
    5. "And what do you propose else? Back to stone age ?"
    6. "New technologies with rare earths will help to slow down "climate change" and plundering our resources"
    7. "Cashless transactions are cool - I feel more free to look at my smartphone every f****** minute"
    8. "I don't understand what you're getting at : Would you mind doing a YT Tutorial , plz ?"
    9. "Wot ? I've nothing to hide...."
    10. "F*** off, Capitalism is cool... "

[satire off]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Back to really important things pls , are we there yet? :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    The patch race is on! RRE Nov patch vs Pcars 2 3.0 patch... Who is gonna be first?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Not sure who's gonna be first, but as for who the winner will be, I think I have a fairly clear idea... ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll delete pCARS2 so I have enough space for R3E patch :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    AMS 1.4.9:p
    Edit: Who cares?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jörg Menzel

Jörg Menzel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Definite, R3E gets the last place of patch releases. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    The question to that answer.......is it worth waiting for?

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Auto Motor Sport?

15. Mike R

Mike R Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Windows = Gaming
    Linux = All

As for the update, I am eager to try it, surely Sector3 is doing an incredible job. I hope he comes out this week

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
  17. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I think he means Automobilista. I haven't tried it yet, but the reviews of the physics sound good. Very old graphics though, similar to Race 07. I'm thinking about trying it at some point, as there hasn't been much for RRE online in the US in the past 3 weeks. I thought I found a good group of guys online, but they run 3x tire wear @ Nords VLN, so I lost interest there.
    I think the sim with the best Black Friday deals will probably fill in with new racers and old racers looking for new content.

18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is and our princess does know.;)
    In off topic there is a thread about it.

19. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    AMS detailed review: It's good but it ain't all that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. paulinhot

paulinhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I'm really looking forward to some of the additional features included in this update, roll on it's release D thank you.