Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Question to all of us regarding the AI setup (%). As far as I remeber I had to set it up to 110 % before the update to make the AI running the times of RL. For ex, at Zandvoort 1.37.XXX (I can do 1.39.XXX by the way).
    As this is important for setting up a championship because you can not change the AI setup once done (nice feature for the future and if its just for balancing the AI on different tracks as for "bad" programming or much different own skills and diff tracks) I wonder if now 100% is matching the real life times.

2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yep. These new GT3s are great but it's really annoying to have to race them with the ageing Alpinas and Mustangs. I want to build my own custom grid with six or seven of the latest models.

So, Sector 3...the AI selector: when?

Please put myself and others out of our misery. This feature is as big to me as triple screen and VR is to other people.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, the last one ... I have a new best friend called UPDATED NOV 17...now next new rec...Vette at Bathurst 2.06.756 after reworking the setup. Is this now good enough for online racing ?

4. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    the GT3 RUF uses fuel like crazy after the patch.
    Just did a longrun test for our GT3-league where we drive a one hour race.
    I tested on Spa, fueled the car completely (110 liters). and after 50 minutes the engine stoped because of no fuel.
    Before the patch, i entered the one hour races with 100 liters and still had 10-15 liters left after the race.

On the same server was a community member with a Ford Mustang, fueld up 90 liters, drove one hour and had 10 liters left... that's a V8 with 5,5 liters (?) cubic capacity...

Also, all the other cars on the server doing longruns had no issues with fuel (M6, new R8, etc....).
    Something definitely is wrong with the RUF there =/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. trutya

trutya New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    does anybody use ProRacing Dashboard?
    after the patch for me it isn't working...
    could anybody help please?

6. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    You’ll need to wait on an update from the app,happens from time to time

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Nissan Gtr seems seriously fudged, admittedly on one short qually session at Spa, pb of 2.16.9 couldnt get within 3 seconds of that, 5th n 6th gear seemed seriously flat.
    Was only a short run but felt way off the pace.

8. trutya

trutya New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i think other cars are suffering too...
    maybe the leaderboards need a restart?:D

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    When did you do a 2:16.9? Was that before the update?

Just so everyone knows, this was pretty much a complete overhaul. You cannot compare laptimes pre-update and post-update.

Personally, I have noticed the cars being rather significantly slowed down, and it takes quite a lot of skill now to get the absolute top laptimes out of them.

Being slower now doesnt mean they are wrong though. They have been BoP'd against real world times at many different tracks, and are on pace with the real thing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Seriously... wow.well done. best I've done is a 2:21...in the bmw...other gt3 cars were slower. Post patch I'm in the 2:24 range but still getting used to the physics...and yes I know I suck.:p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Indeed before the update, seemed hard work to get the car into 6th gear, i could add more but hey ho it is what it is.
    Like i said was only a short run, but i think you killed my favourite GT3 ;)

12. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    This update is simply beautiful, you can be proud of you Sector3, very good job guys, it was well worth the wait a little more, really a big thank you Stéphane

13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    These cars were pretty thoroughly looked over and quite heavily referenced the real cars when giving them the overhaul.

I think you will find that a number of GT3 cars dont actually use 6th gear at Spa unless they are in a big toe.

As for laptimes at Spa, they definitely got slowed back down to reality, but for absolute laptimes, 2:17's are still possible. Perhaps lower, but I dont often use a custom setup with low fuel.

14. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    In the AMG my first leaderboard challenge lap was a 2:18:063. Try reducing the rear wing to 2 or something like that ;)
    Actually the best time at the moment is a 2:17:058 in a Nissan GTR but compared to real life, the track limits in R3E are quite "open handed"...for example at Blanchimont or Eau Rouge.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  15. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I guess so, the 18mths ive spent driving the Nissan v 3-4 laps with the new Corvette, Merc and Audi, 0 experience with any of the cars, 1sec + quicker in the vette and Merc and marginal diff in the Audi all with default setups.
    The Nissan is a new car, the vette is probably my new go to car ;)

Thats a bitch, means i gotta sell my Z now n find a vette, lolol.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  16. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    You guys have a point... I could understand if this new content added to the GT3 pack was free (beggers can't be choosy) but seeing that we need to purchased (not debating) then it would be nice to race them as we see fit - simulate correct series. I already had a GT3 Audi R8 and Mercedes AMG for example but need to buy the updated cars. Ok, that's fine, but why do I need to race these new cars against the old of the same (and the others that are not relevant). A choice would be wonderful! Similar to DTM for example, why would we want to race the 2013 and 2016 together (don't have to in this case). Just saying ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    BTW, I created a new profile to run R3E with this new Nov. update - glad I did! While my old FFB settings felt fine, I'm getting much more detail now and that's with the defaults - nice!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    From just quick testing at the Nurburgring GP with the new Vette, Merc and Audi, I was able to match or exceed my previous tweaked times with the DEFAULT setup -- very nice! I always use the Nurburgring GP to setup my cars. I have a total of 2,525 setup files and 187 of them are for Nurburgring GP. I know my setups :)

I believe you guys increased the traction during practice so that may have helped.

With 50L fuel: Vette C7 1:58.1x, Merc 1:57.8x, Audi 1:58.3x :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Care to share any of these ??:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    It's with the default setup from the new patch... That's why it's amazing. My old tweaked setups won't help now.

Oh, you mean my other setups? What car/track?