Released 30-11-2017 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 30, 2017.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    nice video :)

"Home of virtual motorsport".. this slogan is new to me.. or was I just blind before?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    A funny goose. Respect.

Take care. Christmas is coming closer.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I have a wish for Christmas, night races in RaceRoom :) are there any plans for the future? does it come one day with UE4?

4. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I saw your post about the M6 on Spa. I think it's a similiar problem. In most other cars you can take Eau Rouge in 5th gear flat out and shift up on top of the hill. In the M6 you have to use the 6th gear, revs are getting quite low and then you loose a lot of momentum.
    Back to Nordschleife I tried setting the rear wing to 2 in the M6. The car feels stable and planted, got good speed at (Döttinger Höhe 272 kph at the bridge), but sadly that change did not effect the problem I mentioned above.
    Another thing I don't understand is the fact that when you watch races in TV or onboards on youtube, all cars seem quite similiar in their overall performance and especially in acceleration. Sure some are a bit better then others but where 0.5 seconds a lap (on a normal track) make a huge difference, you can't see the difference with your eyes.
    For example:
    The gap between those two stays the same, in corners and under acceleration.
    At the end the Audi in the video is a bit faster on the long straight allthough his corner exit was compromised a lot.
    Same situation in R3E: In the mercs you can easy pass nearly everyone on the straight with or without slipstream. Also the bentleys storm away like you were sitting in a old golf 3 gti .

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I think it would probably help if you share information if you want help with your issue... System info, game settings, graphics settings, do you have a ton of stuff running in the background, what are your exact session settings, etc.

Since you are in the extreme minority of people reporting performance issues, the problem is highly likely to be on your end.

I think what this video shows, is that the M6 in game is actually quite close to the real thing :p

5th gear looks like it is slightly longer in the real car though, since it gets to ~244kmh whereas you are saying you need to shift up into 6th a bit earlier in our version.

I think some of the GT3's that need it will get some further updates, after seeing how the BoP goes among a much larger audience.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Sure, no doubt about that. In fact, every car I drove since then looks sounds and drives awesome. I just wanted to share my "observations" to help making R3E better :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Did i miss a trick here, that video is showing a Merc chasing an Audi ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Go to page 4 :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Its ok, im off looking for Nissan comparison vids now ;)

10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    He is not alone.

11. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Might not be ideal but surely doesn't stop me from racing such a good sim ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    A possible stutter fix for Nvidia users?

Before the update, my 32-bit version ran smoothly; afterwards, my 64-bit version suffered from micro-stutters. I made a new controller profile and set to default the FFB of the only GT3 car I own, but Raceroom still stuttered.

Brainwave 1: Turn on the Steam overlay to check the framerate. The 64-bit version was running at a healthy 90 FPS but was micro-stuttering. The 32-bit version ran at a locked 60 FPS and without stuttering.

Brainwave 2: My Nvidia Inspector Profile (I use it to sync the framerate) was pointed at the original 32-bit Raceroom but not the new 64-bit version! :rolleyes: I added the 64-bit version to the profile and the stuttering stopped. :)

NOTE:
    The 64-bit version executable is in a different folder. Point the Nvidia Inspector Profile at RRRE64.exe in Steam/steamapps/common/raceroomracingexperience/Game/x64. I hope this advice is useful to someone.

(Also posted at RaceDepartment)

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I had figured that one out (NVidia inspector) but so far haven't found how to reference the x64 version in SimVibe - still poking around...

EDIT: Easy one, same as NVidia Inspector, just had to change the wait on app from "RRRE" to "RRRE64".

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  14. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I think devs could sticky somewhere that 64-bit exe is not pointing to raceroom Nvidia profile. I realised this when I yesterday started to fiddle with the new version and knew that there needs to be another executable for 64-bit and it is most likely named in a different way. I bet that for many this is not that obvious, especially when you have that Steam launcher which "hides" the file structure from the user.

I had also strange problems with 64-bit executable. It's performance is good, I actually can get couple of FPS more using it (at least in certain scenarios), but I also suffered from occasional stuttering. It wasn't microstuttering, but more like frame skipping. It happened with my original RaceRoom profile and default global profile, but it seems to be gone now when I created a new profile for 64-bit and set few parameters. The one parameter which seemed to fix the frame skipping the most was to set frame limiter to 99,5 (I have 100Hz G-sync monitor). It is strange, because I got frame skipping in scenarios where FPS usually hovered around 70-80 FPS. I need to test this little bit more, but it seems to be fixed now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    For those having less FPS than before, maybe check your reflections setting :

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. bbking

bbking Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    big thank you to the sector3 team ! great great work

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Maybe not mentioned before but all particles were floating a 1-2 m above ground. TriScreen used.
    Also missing parts of sky halfdome in mirrors, causing a lot of black in mirrors.
    Nürburgring gives a lot z fighting (not a new issue). If the game doesn't already use reversed Z buffer it should. I also had the feeling parts of the background trees were missing on Nordschleife but could be wrong, though there are sections were you can see a lot of the background texture.

Other than that enjoying the tripple screens and new cars a lot. Good stuff!

18. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This issue was addressed by the developer on the talk and drive video with RD. The tire pressures are set to "optimal" for a given car and tire model. The option was left out to avoid confusion for new drivers and to prevent weirdo alien setup cheats in the future. If you want as car to have less grip to get a greasy feel, increase the spring rates and negative camber a lot. The new GT3 cars have probably the best default setup that has been in any sim to date. After 100 laps with the Callaway Vette on all the F1 GP tracks, I tend to be within 1 click on 3 different settings from my perfect race setup and I believe I could do a 20 lap race with the default easily.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  19. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Could use some help, my SimXperience motion has ceased since the update. FWIW I’ve already pointed SimCommander to the 64bit version.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    For those interested, I'm developing a user interface to modify this file.

• Like Like x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1