Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    In my mind it's not a matter of how the current AI selector in the game decides which cars to add for a race. The cars selected automatically by the game are all from the class selected. The feature we want is to allow selecting the cars "within" the class - we decide not the game. Of course selecting cars in a class AND multi-class would be ideal but at least within a particular class would satisfy me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if its been asked and amswered before (its a very long thread) and I did try a search.

Have the GT3 vehicles included in the ADAC GT Masters 2015 been updated in terms of physics or is it strictly the GTR3 cars.

3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Yes.

• Like Like x 3
  4. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Guys sorry for the dumb question, but what happened to the VRP competitions? Where you could earn Vrp’s. I’m not saying that I don’t want to pay, just asking.

5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Wow this is really getting good, having some great races, wheel to wheel action. No more stuck between quali and race. Have a nice view of cars next to me too.

Next thing outside the multiplayer rating id like to see is allowing chat after the race time is up. Just that bit of time to say "that was awesome" or "sorry about that botched pass attempt Murray!"

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Thom@s

Thom@s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Really great work. So I think this was all the time worth to wait for. Thanks a lot to Sector3 for improving and developing RRE. I´m a fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    It isn't a problem in multiplayer, why would they care if the same can be done in singleplayer?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Gave it a longer try today. Really good feeling on the wheel. Sound of the vette is good (ok, little quiet, but as heard here, its real). Like it. Will make a second race tomorrow.

Just the thing with the missing AI selector is annoying. I hate Mustangs, i hate GT's and i hate Camaros. And its the fault of S3 :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Id keep those in just for the sound when passing them... or being passed on a straight by those lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom has been my weapon of choice recently. As a new owner of the Starter Pack, it's been a pleasure to try different cars. The BMW M3 GTR2 is excellent; its FFB is sublime.

I like the variety of RaceRoom's car roster but it would be nice to race offline against particular cars from different classes. The coding and logistics probably aren't straightforward, otherwise it's likely that Sector3 would have already put it in the sim.

I hope it's OK to post two short Automobilista videos I made that show what's possible when any vehicle combination is allowed. :D

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  11. Marcell D´Avis

Marcell D´Avis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The M6 GT3 got about 5 seconds slower on the nordschleife vln, I think the topspeed should be higher..

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You mean 5 seconds slower in comparison with other GTR3 cars or before the update?
    Don't forget that you cannot compare laptimes of the past because this update brought a major overhaul of the GTR3 physics.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy the Audi and the Mercedes, but wow, that sound for the Corvette. Pure unfiltered nastiness. Very nice job

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    I have not purchased a premium pack yet
    I will purchase it when the AI selector is released
    I want to purchase it soon.
    I'm looking forward to the next update;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    All GT3 Cars seems to be slower in General, but the new behavior of the Cars allow to brake later and overall theres more Aero/Mech. Grip on the Cars - so does it feel to me.
    To slowdown all Cars in case of BoP (less HP) is absoluteley ok for me, maybe if S3 gathered enough Data they will adjust some of the Cars i think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Carstenh

Carstenh New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Took the RUF Gt3 out for an run on the Nordschleife and its considerably slower. Lost about 10 km/h topspeed on the Döttinger Höhe. Thats the one thing.
    On the other hand the update completely destroyed my setup. They have changed the range of settings. For example the toe in was -0.09 before and is now +0,05. Which makes ist pretty much undriveable. Thanks for that !

Whats the english word for "Unsinn" ?

I consider to #SOON# buy new cars...

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  17. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Disagree to that.
    You can't have progress without the willingness to accept changes... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Little has been said abut the AI, although the AI was "taught" the new physics (=was changed), too, Hodgkinson said. And I think it makes a significant difference. Time and again I have now noticed how enthusiastically "he" jumps into the gap I leave open in front when braking into a turn - there I am, cruising along happily and think "what a nice turn there is upcoming" - and zack! something flashes by and bypasses me and squeezes its noisy wide rear right in front of my nose, just a centimeter away. Or in the sections with the many corners and turns in the last third of the Nordschleife, before Schwalbenschwanz and Döttinger Höhe - there I come upon him from behind and bypass him with pomp and fanfares - and he just refuses to show up in the mirror. I look outside the window, expecting to see just empty space, and what I see instead is this stubborn other car that just refuses to drop behind and that stays beside me, come what may, turning left, swinging right, it doesn'T matter, it continues to ruin the view, over curbs and cobblestones, he just stays there and tries to squeeze back into front, not giving up. One minute or longer it goes like this, and when turning into the Schwalbenschwanz, he finally jumps into front. I nevertheless manage to catch him and overtake him in the following first of the two right turns before Döttinger Höhe, and I grin as wide as the track is wide. Too early, seconds later, in the second right turn, he overtakes me again, on the outside, for two seconds stays door to door with me, and then pulls away.

Wonderful AI! And this with 50 cars on trackI have had many events like this with the AI now, in GT3s at Nordschleife. Thats racing! Superb! Excellent! "Great!" (tm)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  19. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Its not like they announced weeks before the update went live, that all Setups will be dead due to the new Physics and stuff.
    How do we say in germany again? Oh yeah, „wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil“ ;)

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Join Race Department, Virtual Racing, Raceroomers etc. etc. Great bunch of like minded people, with races all week long, varied selection of tracks/classes, what more could you ask for!
    The open servers are busier than ever, I was in full grids right up till past 1am GMT last night, a few knobheads still reside in these though, so be prepared to run a gauntlet of slow, tantrum fuelled, small penised, intellectually inept morons but great way to practice dodging cars that appear from absolutely anywhere. Improve ones craft whilst watching the lower echelons of society, tack themselves around a track, if nothing else, you'll feel a lot better about yourself, think of it as therapy! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1