RaceRoom Single Race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gio_vtec, Jan 3, 2016.

1. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    When creating a GTR 3 single race and i set mandatory pit stop does that mean i have to change tyres or just like a stop and go? cuz i have done 3 races and i got disqualify or place at last, i don't change tyres and set 0 fuel then just go, but that doesn't work.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to re-fuel but you have to change tyres, the AI changes tyres as well. You only have to change one set of tyres tho, only rear f.e.

I'm a bit confused cause I can't even do a stop without changing at least 1 set of tyres, it wouldn't let me confirm the pit stop action, which is needed in order to successfully perform a stop. You sure you confirmed the stop in the menu that pops up when you request the stop or when entering the pits?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  3. gio_vtec

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Well, as i am new with raceroom, i did not know what to do at first, but then when the pit stop menu shows i choose 0 fuel and press enter so it's confirm (green highlighted), then you can confirm your pit stop, otherwise you wont be able to confirm, i will try the change set tyres, but i can see that the AI doesn't take too long, is like stop and go.

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it only takes about 3-4 seconds to change one set of tyres. If you look closely at the AI cars (in a replay f.e.) you can see that they get lifted up a little before starting again, that's the tyre changing.

I don't think I tried it the way you did, confirming a 0 litre re-fuelling without tyres. It might actually work that way, not sure.
    Another possible cause might be that you received a penalty but didn't serve it. Make sure you have the game overlays enabled, so you don't miss a penalty you might be given for cutting the track (depends on what type of penalty you set in the race setup) or for speeding in the pit lane (happens when you drive into the pit lane too fast). If you don't serve a penalty you'll get dq'ed.

5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    did you make sure to request the pitstop at least a sector before entering the pitlane? if you dont the crew is not ready and you will be made to wait a little befor the stop begins.

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just tried it and it really doesn't work that way. If you look closely you'll notice your final time flashing in the table, and switching between your race time and 00:45,000, which is a penalty you receive for not serving the mandatory stop.

But it doesn't really hurt cause the empty fuelling takes as long as a tyre change, there's still the time it needs to put the nozzle on etc.

7. gio_vtec

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    i will turn on my game overlay option, i am using CrewChief don't know if i have missed his penalty warnings xD
    But will give it a try now.

Yes, i have done it 2 sectors before but same thing, it can be a penalty like christian Said , cuz 2 times i got DQ and 1 time i finish 1st at SPA then the result was last, exactly :/ with 40 seconds behind first place, so i think the 2 DQ are for no Proper Pitstop like Change tyres and the other one for not doing a DT penalty

8. gio_vtec

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Yeap, i just did a 30 mints race and i turn off track penalty;), then i did a pit stop change front tyres and i finish the complete race, so i guess you must change tyres (F or R) to count as a pit stop.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    After the last update I'm having a blast racing the ai in GT3 races. But I'm not sure what is required when configuring the race with a mandatory pit stop. I thought I had to both refuel and change tyres but I realise that the ai make their pit stop much faster than me so I lose a lot of positions while in pit so either they don't refuel or change tyres.

Can anyone shed some light what is required when having a mandatory pit stop. I'm tired of keep losing races in the pit :(

10. gio_vtec

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    You're required to at least change tyres, most AI runs with race fuel I believe, so they stop just to change rear tyres, thats why they do quick pit stop, so there is 2 options here.

1.- Try the mandatory pits with 50 or 60 secnds *rule*. (I tried 60seconds rule with a 60minutes race at Paul Ricard) AI will respect the rule and wont leave pit lane before time ruled.
    Or
    2.- Do same as AI, start with race fuel and stop for rear tyre only.

For the "pit stop seconds rule" You have to calculate how long does it take from the moment you enter and exit the pit lane.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot for the clarification :)

12. DanielAu2

DanielAu2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So you do need to change the tires? Ah that explains it...
    Have been doing things like 45m GT3 races with 2x fuel usage + tyre wear & mandatory stops and only refuelling when I come in so I don't run the car from completely full and because I can make the tires last... I'll probably need to up the race time then to ensure the cars can't run a stint in one tank (at 2x fuel burn)

• Agree Agree x 1