Question Game load times

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by higsy, Dec 6, 2017.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    My Game takes a long time to load at the beginning. Takes 30-40 seconds to hit the track one you hit drive (Game locks up) and when I exit to desktop takes close to a minute.
    What kinds of time are the rest looking at ?

Triple screen. I7 4000k. 12 gb ram. Gtx770..game settings on low.

2. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    On my system I click on drive, and the switch is almost immediate.
    When I have lag like that, it's usually some sort of bloat ware that has hacked its way into my system. And is running in the background. You might try scanning your system for bug and stuff like that.

3. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    What sort of program do you use to delete things like that ? I primarily use malware bytes.
    RN I have 49 background processes running.. seems like alot but I'm unsure of which ones I can disable.

4. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Malware is fine. That's what I use. Go into what ever your task manager is called. And right click on each task one at a time. It will give you a menu of options. One of those options should be "look up on line" that will bring up a web page with a discription of the process, what it effects, and if it is critical to your computers operation. And usually how to get rid of if you want. It takes a while, but it s worth the effort and you will learn some new things about your computers internal works.

Hope this helps.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    That' some great advice , thank you i will do that tonight. :D

6. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I have not timed it but R3E is installed on an SSD and its not a very fast loading game (but not extreme slow either.)
    Races load slower. It seemed to load quicker a couple a patches back but that could be just a feeling.

Its a bit on par with Assetto.

7. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Solved the problem.. was using older nvidia drivers (about 1 1/2 yrs). Had older drivers because I found the newer drivers caused alot of tearing etc.. anyway installedctge latest driver and what Do you know everything works great now. Wooohooo

8. KingJamey

KingJamey New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem. but drivers ar not the solution.
    hope someone can help me out with this

win 10
    i7-4790K
    Asrock Z97XKiller
    16gb ram
    SLI GeForce GTX 970 windforce