Released DTM 2016

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 16, 2016.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know, AI uses DRS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    The AI uses DRS, but it always seems like they can't gain as much of an advantage from it as the player.
    Personally, I would prefer an option to disable push to pass and DRS because I like normal racing without this stuff more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I believe DTM lets you use DRS wherever and whenever you want, you don't have to be in a certain zone or within a certain distance to use it like in F1.

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yes and nope

it let's you use it whenever you want but it's only available when you're less than 1sec behind the car in front of you when you cross start/finish line.
    The leader has to be in the 4th lap, then DRS gets generally available.
    You have only 2 or 3 activations per lap, depends on track length.
    And yes, you don't have to be in special DRS Zones like in F1.

TL;DR (kinda)
    So crossing start/finish line with less than 1sec gap to guy in front = 2 or 3 DRS activations available for the lap. Use it whenever you want during lap. No matter how big the gap now is.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Ah. Has it always been like that? I thought it used to be you could use it whenever you wanted. I'm a bit out of date on DTM though, I just know it works a bit differently than F1. I think I like the way you described better than what F1 does.

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I believe it has always been like @sbtm describes. You always get DRS priveleges if you are within 1s of the car ahead when crossing the S/F line, and you can use the DRS you are allotted at any point on the track.

However, the DRS rules have changed over the years. At least in game... Now for the current seasons (15/16), you get 3 DRS allotments per lap when you are within that 1s threshold. In the older DTM (2013 i know for sure) you used to get a total allotment of 15 per race, as I recall. So on longer races, you needed to really pick and choose when you would use them.

Frankly, I havent checked the rules presets to know well enough whether this has been kept, but I believe it has. Always thought this was a nice difference when racing the 2013 DTM vs the newer ones. The rules are slightly different :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, since I bought the game I have spent most of my time in it by racing in DTM 2016 cars and I really enjoy them. One thing that i noticed and that started to bother me (beside lack driver animation) is that car has no startup sound. Am I the only one experiencing this "bug"?

8. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    you mean this brum brumm

9. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I meant that there is no sound of that slight over revving when engine starts - in your video, engine at startup sounds like it's immediately running at idle revs. Cars from GT3 class in R3E, for example, all have that sound that is missing here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I see you, you are right it's absolutely smooth when you start the engine

11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    next thing to add to @Anthony Monteil 's list of improvements :-D

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Well, about the startup over rev, it doesn't always happen irl either.
    This is actually why it's not featured in the game, as there was no over revving in our recordings source ;)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  13. weissalfagta

weissalfagta New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wann kommt DTM 2017??????

14. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Die Lizenz ist abgelaufen. Es wird kein DTM 2017 geben.

15. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    What? Are you sure? No DTM 2017? This would be a big loss for RaceRoom.

16. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Read post #6 on this thread.

Georg Ortner also mentioned in one of his last streams that their DTM licensed has expired and how it was a very expensive license for them.

DTM was one of the reasons I first got into Raceroom, but, like Georg said in that same stream, we already have 4 seasons and the cars are not changing that much, so I don't think it's really a big loss.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    And do not forget DTM in its current format is walking on it’s last legs. At least from the perspective of manufacturers. TCR and GT3 spec cars are way more sensible for manufacturers. Less expensive and more profitable in every way.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    these are really bad news, the DTM was the main reason why I switched to RaceRoom. They are distorting the DTM. Lets see how long they will survive when Mercedes is gone. Get the Super GT Series :) same chassis with modern engines and its international.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    are there any news about DTM in RaceRoom, one can not even search for only three letters "DTM:"" in the forum lol it's dying :(

20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yep, during the last two seasons I lost a lot of interest too, while it was one of my favorite series once. And with a somehow unpredictable future and veterans like Ekstroem leaving one by one, DTM is losing its appeal.
    Super GT/IMSA Cooperation might turn the tide....
    Well, so far it lasts longer than the original DTM back in the days...:cool:

• Like Like x 1