Problem Cannot detect G29 anymore

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kafein, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Kafein

Kafein New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I used to play with my G29 just fine. Recently after the 64bit update I tried to use it again and the game simply fails to detect it. I tried several USB slots, with and without the logitech software, plugging the wheel after and before starting the game, 64 bits and 32 bits versions, nothing seems to work. I would like to go back to an older version of the game to be able to play again if everything else fails, but I guess that's not possible? Did anyone manage to make the game detect their G29 on the latest version? Does the detect controllers button do anything? It doesn't seem to.

Any help is appreciated!

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Do you have any other USB devices to your computer besides a mouse and keyboard? Such as a gamepad, button box, etc.

Do you have any extra software running in the background? Such as overclocking software, Vjoy software, etc.

For starters, I would probably recommending that you disconnect every USB device except your wheel & mouse. Also, turning off or closing out of any extra software you have running. Then try launching the game in 64 bit.

If the game still doesnt detect your wheel, please attach your game log, and MWTransport log. They are stored by date, so it should be apparent which logs are the correct ones.

Those are located at: My Documents / my games / SimBin / R3E / User Data / logs.

3. Kafein

Kafein New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've done as you said and tried after unplugging every usb device except the wheel and mouse and closing all unnecessary software (msi afterburner included). I did not close logitech's gaming software though, as that would prevent me from using the wheel anyway. The log file is attached.

To add to this, I've tried using the wheel in Dirt 4 and it doesn't get detected either, even though it used to. The windows USB game controllers utility doesn't show any weirdness with the wheel as long as I have the logitech gaming software running. My running hypothesis is that some kind of windows device driver update has broken detection of the wheel, though there's no symptoms outside of games. I've tried using an old version of the logitech gaming software and it doesn't work either.

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

4. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
  5. Kafein

Kafein New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I finally found the solution after giving up and coming back to it. I had activated "Generic gamepad controller support" under Steam big picture options. Deactivating that caused the wheel to be detected properly as before.