Are Raceroom Physics realistic ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TundraGrad4, Dec 18, 2017.

1. TundraGrad4

TundraGrad4 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I was just wondering why in DTM 2016 my tire temperature never really changes and also why there are no flat spots after locking up and there seems to be no Manuel clutch at the start so you can't jump start.

2. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom currently did not manage the tire temperature.

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yes they do. All cars do.

The DTM cars are on a previous tire model though which has different heating characteristics compared to our recently updated GTR3 cars.

Basically, temps for the DTM cars will always be around 95-105C. The tires dont cool as much as the GT3 cars, and they are a fair bit higher in their operating temp, but it's still simulated.

Be sure to go to the secondary controller settings and map a button for 'data display page flip' so you can flip the pages on the motec display in the cockpit to view the temps.

I believe you have to enable this option in single player. I think jump starts in MP were disabled a while back because they caused too many issues from people breaking the rules and creating pile ups. If my memory isnt failing me here...

• Informative Informative x 5
  4. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    only new GT3 is very good, all other class feel crap :)

• Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Giorgos Tzanetos

Giorgos Tzanetos Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I'm tired of every teenager that writes whatever comes out of his teenage brain.

Why the devs don't have a sticky post about physics and testimonials of pro drivers?
    Every person who had driven his car fast, knows that RACEROOM is an excellent
    simulator.

Before I join R3E I saw Robert Kubica's name on the top of many leaderboards and I thought , whoa! , if Kubica is in the top ,R3E has to be a great simulator, and it is.

Hamilton and Bottas told to the devs at Sepang that FR X-17 was the most realistic virtual interpretation they had experienced.

Why devs didn't advertise that? We never heard anything.

I think you should hire a pro advertiser, because you are behind at that department.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe he simply doesn't know how to drive the cars others than gt3... :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    What is realistic and what not...Games just try to get close as possible to the real world. Yes raceroom have done a good job in the past and there is a bright future i guess but beside this i agree with you that the tire thing need more attention.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Problem with these testimonials is that people don't believe you. Pcars2 has these and "brags" with these but nobody trusts them because "they are paid to say this" although there are many unpaid people/race drivers saying positive things about pcars2.

Testimonials can make the impression that there's a need to shed the sim/psychics in a positive light.

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    No physics are real in any sim, no matter what they boast..you can not translate real physics into a game, and as Tarik has said they all try to mimic as close as they can get.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I call troll on this guy but you got my attention...
    Because people like you raceroom has undeserved below average game rating on steam - lots of talking BS (or in this case writing) but no actual evidence to support your claims. I myself can't tell if game is far or close to reality because I didn't ever drive cars from any of classes that RR offers, so I will leave that to people like Jan Seyffarth and other pro drivers.
    Further on, evidence to support my claim about you lies in the Cayman GT4 preview thread, where you called GT4 shajt and you didn't even had a chance to try it - I mean, who does this? And since you called yourself simracing rally driver, and according to you, rally drivers are driving gods, I'm sure you will manage to have fun with GT4 cars even if they will have physics like Goat Simulator game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goat_Simulator)

11. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    thuth hurts.
    i said one sentence and you all start blablabla.
    you know i'm right.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Crap is a harsh word i would say 'different'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    you are right.
    it's clear than other class need update.

14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - some other cars need an update for sure... Especially GT2 and Touring Classics. But IMHO GTO, M1, Group 5, WTCC, DTM and some Cup-Cars like M235i and the Audi TT-Cars feel far away from crap...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Formula 1 drivers and teams are tied by an exclusive license contract with Codemasters.
    Therefore, no other developer can use their names or brands to advertise its own products ;)

I'd say it was already a great move from them to say that, considering their position and the context.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    what about lewis hamiloton and gt sport?

17. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I don't know the details about this "partnership" but, likely, either they came to an agreement with a lot of zero on the check or it was a scenario of people who know each others, kind of.

About testimonials, I think it's obvious, but in R3E none of the drivers get paid to say what they think of the game, and that's how it should be :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0

you said game :eek::eek::eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    LOL, should I write "simulator" :p

R3E is a simulator but it can also be a game, depends on how you're using it.

Professional drivers, simracers, game players, everyone is welcome ! ;)

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    it was just a joke :D